Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxexile16

Matty James

50 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

James might have still got paid but it would have felt like a very hollow existence and he must have felt like a real outsider during those times. 

Liam Moore has spoken about this -- the title-winning year was very bittersweet for him. And Ranieri -- and I do love the guy -- was not really about man-managing fringe players. 

• Like 2

As said before, he was a really important member of the championship winning squad. 

He's had a woeful run of luck with injuries and Leicester lost a really good player as a result. 

Really hope he has a successful and injury free spell in Yorkshire and finishes his career playing at the levels that many of us witnessed. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Can't we just, like, give him to Barnsley? Maybe they could agree to match the wages of their highest paid player, knock those wages off what we're paying him and give him to Barnsley. I don't see how we are going to get any more for him.

I came on here expecting to read that he's been injured again, Thankfully not. 

I always thought he was twice the player Drinkwater was and I'm just sorry he missed out on the Title. 

Life can be cruel at times, Lets just hope the worst is over and he gets back to playing regularly.

1 minute ago, Wizerud said:

Can't we just, like, give him to Barnsley? Maybe they could agree to match the wages of their highest paid player, knock those wages off what we're paying him and give him to Barnsley. I don't see how we are going to get any more for him.

How about he has a good, injury-free few months at Barnsley and comes back to set Vardy through for the winning goal in the Europa League final?

People seem very keen to get rid of a quality player.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

How about he has a good, injury-free few months at Barnsley and comes back to set Vardy through for the winning goal in the Europa League final?

People seem very keen to get rid of a quality player.

He's not in either our Europa League or Premier League squads so how much contribution he could make here until his contract ends next year, I do not know. But ultimately he just needs playing time. I'll be interested to see what level he can reach at Barnsley.

I really feel for Matty James, as he was (is) a quality player that had us career derailed here by injuries. The injuries affected his personal life as well. The severity of them is crazy when you think about it. 

I think some people have been short sighted here, as he was brillaint for us in 13/14 when we got promoted from the Championship. Maybe it’s the “new” fans that we picked up after 15/16 that only saw the cameos at the likes of Newport. 

I wish him well, as clearly he’s back to enjoying his work again. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Wizerud said:

He's not in either our Europa League or Premier League squads so how much contribution he could make here until his contract ends next year, I do not know. But ultimately he just needs playing time. I'll be interested to see what level he can reach at Barnsley.

We do get to make changes to both squads in January, so if he does well and is fit he could come back in

12 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

We do get to make changes to both squads in January, so if he does well and is fit he could come back in

No, that ship has sailed. Playing well against a mediocre Championship team with 10 men is completely different to cutting it in the PL. I like Matty James a lot and he is a very decent player but he's nowhere near the level of our other regular first team midfielders. I really hope that he does well in this loan period so that Barnsley or someone else in the Championship take a punt on him. After all his injuries, I think that is probably the right level for him now and would give him the chance to finally play some football.

Edited by Sunbury Fox
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

No, that ship has sailed. Playing well against a mediocre Championship team with 10 men is completely different to cutting it in the PL. I like Matty James a lot and he is a very decent player but he's nowhere near the level of our other regular first team midfielders. I really hope that he does well in this loan period so that Barnsley or someone else in the Championship take a punt on him. After all his injuries, I think that is probably the right level for him now and would give him the chance to finally play some football.

I wasn’t saying he will be, I was replying to the poster saying he’s not in our squad. I was just commenting that he could be added, not that he would be or should be.

Good for the lad. I always find the most tiresome chat on here is making jokes about his injuries/"is he injured yet hahaha". Straight out the same book as the "intensiteeeeeee" crap over and over again.

A very good player when he has a good run and has had such a shit time with a career decimated with injuries. Really happy for him.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sunbury Fox said:

To be fair to him, nobody has any idea how good he is, given he hasn't played any football for what feels like an age. if he tears up the championship, i don't think it would be a bad thing to save money bringing in a backup midfielder and keep him instead. sure that's a big if, and it would also rely on him being happy to stay, but its hardly the worst thing that could happen

24 minutes ago, blaaklint said:

To be fair to him, nobody has any idea how good he is, given he hasn't played any football for what feels like an age. if he tears up the championship, i don't think it would be a bad thing to save money bringing in a backup midfielder and keep him instead. sure that's a big if, and it would also rely on him being happy to stay, but its hardly the worst thing that could happen

Matty James could easily be a squad player for us or a starter for a premier league club. But, he never will be because his body will just not hold up to the needs of top level football. 

Somewhere where they can afford to nurse him through games, rest when he needs it, miss training, play him for 45 minutes here and there, because they know he'll make a difference for them (like he does Barnsley) is what he needs. We can't really afford a squad space to that. 

• Like 1