Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Anorak

Europa League 19/20

2 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

Got to feel sorry for Celtic, I mean they were up against the mighty Copenhagen who scored loads of goals against us...…………………….…………………...:ph34r:lol

Banter aside, we struggled against Copenhagen. They were a really good side. 

• Like 1

Just now, Finnegan said:

Yea I remember the frustration of the home game. Very stubborn side. If I remember right did they have an Icelandic player on the pitch? Vaguely remember being impressed with him

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

That team had some bloody good players. 

Olsen and Delaney went/play for big European clubs. Augustinsson, Santander and Cornelius all went/play for decent major country domestic teams. 

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

I remember going to the away game in Copenhagen. It was a very frustrating game in near-icy conditions. We hardly had any chances, Copenhagen dominated for most part and we were lucky to get away with a point.

26 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

I remember going to the away game in Copenhagen. It was a very frustrating game in near-icy conditions. We hardly had any chances, Copenhagen dominated for most part and we were lucky to get away with a point.

Yeah I went to that, we were ****ing shit tbf. 

Istanbul Basaksehir v FC Copenhagen

Olympiakos v Wolverhampton Wanderers

Rangers v Bayer Leverkusen

Wolfsburg v Shakhtar Donetsk

Inter Milan v Getafe

Sevilla v Roma

Red Bull Salzburg or Eintracht Frankfurt v Basel

LASK v Manchester United

Happy enough with that. Olympiakos weren't all that last night, more down to Arsenal's failings. And we signed their best player in January. 

Olympiakos v Wolverhampton Wanderers,  Rangers v Bayer Leverkusen, Inter Milan v Getafe, Sevilla v Roma are the ties of the round for me. Particularly looking forward to seeing how Inter try to deal with Getafe who will get right in their faces.

Man United has again gotten a relatively easy tie. 

2 hours ago, The Bear said:

Istanbul Basaksehir v FC Copenhagen

Olympiakos v Wolverhampton Wanderers

Rangers v Bayer Leverkusen

Wolfsburg v Shakhtar Donetsk

Inter Milan v Getafe

Sevilla v Roma

Red Bull Salzburg or Eintracht Frankfurt v Basel

LASK v Manchester United

Happy enough with that. Olympiakos weren't all that last night, more down to Arsenal's failings. And we signed their best player in January. 

hummm they did an absolute job on Arsenal last night, they should have got something against Bayern in the champs league and they got a draw against spurs (where they should have won) it wont be easy but it could have been worse. 

Problem for Wolves is that all the so called bigger sides avoided each other. 

6 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Yeah we got battered there. Nearly won it at the death though with a diving header from Shinji right in front of us. Would have been carnage in our end if that went in. 

5 hours ago, goose2010 said:

hummm they did an absolute job on Arsenal last night, they should have got something against Bayern in the champs league and they got a draw against spurs (where they should have won) it wont be easy but it could have been worse. 

Problem for Wolves is that all the so called bigger sides avoided each other. 

I'd argue we're a better team than Arsenal, certainly defensively. And Arsenal really should have won. Podence was their key player in the CL games, and we signed him. 

Edited by The Bear

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

FFS. 

Man Utd get their piss easy draw to the semis as per usual. Beat Lask and they have Istanbul/Copenhagen. 

Ours is as tough as it could probably be. Beat Olympiakos and we have Sevilla/Roma in the QFs. If we manage to get through that then Man Utd probably await in the SF. 

Edited by The Bear

• 4 weeks later...