Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grebfromgrebland

Also In The News

People die everyday from either natural or unexpected/tragic circumstances.  No person deserves special treatment upon death, it's awful no matter what.  However, this is a terrible moment and more shocking due to the manor in which this unfolded.

To those affected directly or indirectly I pass on my sympathies and for those 2 innocent individuals who have lost their lives, may they RIP.

:(

8 minutes ago, lestajigs said:

Very very poor, to let a known terrorist out, literally to commit a terrorist act and murder innocent people!! Wtf is up with this stupid soft soft country 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Before just reacting to a Sky news sound byte I’m gonna wait to see what the real situation is in relation to his antecedent history! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lestajigs said:

It may be a hard fact to digest, but he was a convicted terrorist 

Well aware of that. There’s a huge scope of terror related offences though and one can’t keep someone in prison forever for those at the very low end of the scale. Let’s wait for the facts first is all I’m saying.

34 minutes ago, lestajigs said:

Very very poor, to let a known terrorist out, literally to commit a terrorist act and murder innocent people!! Wtf is up with this stupid soft soft country 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

10 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Well aware of that. There’s a huge scope of terror related offences though and one can’t keep someone in prison forever for those at the very low end of the scale. Let’s wait for the facts first is all I’m saying.

He'd previously convicted of plotting to blow up the London Stock Exchange in 2013, so in my opinion should still be inside.

That said, as Sadiq Khan just pointed out, the option to imprison people under IPP (Imprisonment for Public Protection) was removed in 2010. Done so because aparently our overcrowed prisons couldn't cope. So the option to keep him inside once his minimum term was served wasn't there and he was released on parole. He should have been on fix term. As with everything these days we either go too far one way or too far the other. I understand if our prisons were overcrowded, but surely this measure should still have been an option in certain cases.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

He'd previously convicted of plotting to blow up the London Stock Exchange in 2013, so in my opinion should still be inside.

That said, as Sadiq Khan just pointed out, the option to imprison people under IPP (Imprisonment for Public Protection) was removed in 2010. Done so because aparently our overcrowed prisons couldn't cope. So the option to keep him inside once his minimum term was served wasn't there and he was released on parole. He should have been on fix term. As with everything these days we either go too far one way or too far the other. I understand if our prisons were overcrowded, but surely this measure should still have been an option in certain cases.

Agreed, there needs to be with all offences under schedule 2 of the 2008 Counter Terrorism Act the associated power not to release if a risk is deemed to be posed. And as for the other load of prisoners wasting away in custody (60% +) making money for private sector companies - if the same money was being invested in them in communities, we’d have space to imprison the people that we actually needed to as they pose a serious risk of harm to the public.

With all the shit going on in the world, a nice story popped onto the news this morning. 

A terminally ill person was a huge star wars fan, but was unlikely to live until the new film was released. 

The hospice he was at got in touch with Disney, who arranged a copy of the film to be flown over to him, allowing him and his family to watch the film together.  

Disney get stick for loads of things, yet stuff like this is brilliant. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lestajigs said:

You can't blame the system if their hands are tied no?

2 hours ago, The Syrup said:

The public on the bridge that confronted the killer used a fire extinguisher, and a tusk from a Narwhal (handily hanging on the wall of the hall of where it all started). Impressive use of makeshift tools in a bad situation.

America: Only a good guy with a gun can stop a bad guy. 

Britain: Hold my Narwhal tusk. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, The Syrup said:

Beyond belief tbh.

16 year sentence and free to walk the streets and take the lives of innocent people less than a third of the way into that. 

Law and order really does have to be as much of a priority as anything for the next government, can't imagine how the families of the innocent must feel.

A couple of unbelievable elements to this terror attack being reported now:

- The alleged terrorist was reportedly attending a Cambridge University-led conference on prisoner rehabilitation.

- One of the "heroes" who restrained him before he was shot was reportedly himself a convicted murderer on day release towards the end of a long sentence for murdering a young woman back in 2003.

:blink:

17 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

- The alleged terrorist was reportedly attending a Cambridge University-led conference on prisoner rehabilitation.

- One of the "heroes" who restrained him before he was shot was reportedly himself a convicted murderer on day release towards the end of a long sentence for murdering a young woman back in 2003.

Image result for they walk among us

38 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

They guy who took the knife off the attacket has had his face pixelated in all media at the request of the police, so that might be him and might explain why.