Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grebfromgrebland

Also In The News

4 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Posted by Donald on his twitter account 

C89BE3DC-9B69-48BA-8E61-897A54D0B456.thumb.jpeg.ebf18ccf9a73c47efdeab095e609d8e0.jpeg

Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!

Nah, on second thoughts, we need a love-in during Trump's visit....

"Boris is a great guy. He and Nigel are going to do great things to help America. We're going to do a great deal for the NHS!"

Something like that....

image.jpeg.1a79bf60fba5d4ca9eb678da18621b86.jpeg

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, MattP said:

The fact you immediately have to go to the extent of black eyes and a broken nose shows just how it's impossible to even talk about this sensibly.

A court of law should have every piece of information available to it - you shouldn't not hear things because you want to influence a decision. 

Pardon the hyperbole, but those are two actual real life cases (one anecdotal, the other rather more famous and has been making the news recently).

If you want to be sensible, as you say, then please: do give an example or two (hypothetical or no) of where you believe a womans taste in kink is in any way relevant to a consent violation she has received.

NB. I don't get the "shouldn't not hear things" argument either - courts and judges have cut short lawyers for giving what they believe to be irrelevant arguments pretty much since there were lawyers. The only reason such arguments should be allowed in a court of law is if they are relevant - and I still haven't heard exactly why they might be in this case.

6 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Japanese store 'rethinks' badges for staff on periods https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-50597405

The girls in the Oxlong household also gave it a very firm thumbs down 

Sadly Japan and East Asia seems to have a fair way to go when it comes to healthy attitudes towards women in general - not that those attitudes aren't on show pretty much everywhere else in the world too, though.

A couple of saddening examples from my side of the world that demonstrate this:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-50596943

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-50582338

2 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

There’s video on twitter of a guy being shot by Police who were backing away and getting civilians off him.  Went to get up and shit twice.  Suggests they were concerned he was a threat.

Then there's another guy holidng a knife? Maybe disarmed the attacker? 

I hate to make a political point with the (presumed) attacker not even cold, but makes you realise again that it's a hell of a lot easier to kill someone with a gun than a knife. I hope to fvck our drift towards the US doesn't involve US style gun laws over here. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, bovril said:

I hate to make a political point with the (presumed) attacker not even cold, but makes you realise again that it's a hell of a lot easier to kill someone with a gun than a knife. I hope to fvck our drift towards the US doesn't involve US style gun laws over here. 

Don’t be ridiculous.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bovril said:

Ridiculous statment

I fail to see how you can make that connection? Police using lethal force against an attacker, and suddenly we're all going to get tooled up like Texans ?

We have among the strictest gun control laws in the world and I don't see anyone having any appetite to change that anytime soon. Most people have never even seen a gun in real life (other than police in airports and other high security areas).

Just now, stripeyfox said:

Ridiculous statment

I fail to see how you can make that connection? Police using lethal force against an attacker, and suddenly we're all going to get tooled up like Texans ?

We have among the strictest gun control laws in the world and I don't see anyone having any appetite to change that anytime soon. Most people have never even seen a gun in real life (other than police in airports and other high security areas).

Alright alright. Maybe I was being a bit of a drama queen, I'm just pleased we have strict gun laws. For what it's worth I don't think they'll change anytime soon either, thankfully.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The other half was on her way out of London Bridge station maybe just after it happened. Her office is at the Shard. 

They were told not to exit towards the bridge, and seems like there was a lot of confusion, and she saw hundreds of people panicking and running.

They're not being allowed to leave their offices for the time being. The entire area has been cordoned off.