Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheLittleBigMan

Squads for Saturday

I think it's as simple as Barnes plays at Rotherham to get as close to a full 90 minutes as possible. 

Our First / Best XI pretty much picks itself and that's what we will be starting with at Stoke (Ndidi excluded), I think as it stands the only decision Rodgers has to make is Albrighton or Barnes. 

Albrighton has arguably been our best player so far in pre-season. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gw_leics772 said:

Gray at last chance saloon? Confidence booster for barnes as should be easier to score?

I do think you are right though,

Also think the bench will mostly be starters from rotherham match 

Im excited about this now. Looking good.

Actually think we've missed perez already in the last 2 games and think he could be the difference. Still probably light up top but of kelechi gets the same confidence boost that barnes will hopefully get, we could be closer than we think.

Still happy to see a first choice winger join, marquee style and a younger back up for maddison and tielemans.

Can't see Gray having many more chances to impress. You'd think he know's that himself so I just hope he can stay focused, as we all know there is some player in there somewhere. 

Barnes for me is our most exciting young player. We often talk about Maddison, with all his tricks, but for me Barnes has a certain aggressiveness to his game that gets me off my seat. 

Perez will bag goals. I thought of having a cheeky bet on vards for the golden boot, but I think Perez will nip in with goals normally left for vards to put away. Good signing that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

Stoke City

Marc Albrighton
Filip Benković
Ben Chilwell
Hamza Choudhury
Fousseni Diabaté
Callum Elder
Jonny Evans
Viktor Johansson
Khanya Leshabela
James Maddison
Harry Maguire
Ricardo Pereira
Ayoze Pérez
Kasper Schmeichel
George Thomas
Youri Tielemans
Jamie Vardy 

Rotherham United

Daniel Amartey
Harvey Barnes
Christian Fuchs
Rachid Ghezzal
Demarai Gray
Kelechi Iheanacho
Eldin Jakupović
James Justin
Andy King
Nampalys Mendy
Elliott Moore
Wes Morgan
Admiral Muskwe
Adrien Silva
Çağlar Söyüncü
Calvin Ughelumba
Danny Ward

That squad going to Rotherham is more than capable of winning the Championship! How far we have come in the last 5 years is amazing!

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, TheLittleBigMan said:

Can't see Gray having many more chances to impress. You'd think he know's that himself so I just hope he can stay focused, as we all know there is some player in there somewhere. 

Barnes for me is our most exciting young player. We often talk about Maddison, with all his tricks, but for me Barnes has a certain aggressiveness to his game that gets me off my seat. 

Perez will bag goals. I thought of having a cheeky bet on vards for the golden boot, but I think Perez will nip in with goals normally left for vards to put away. Good signing that.

Have to agree re Gray. We can’t KEEP saying season after season this will be his time to shine

:nono:

He needs to step up this season or we look for someone better

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

I think it's as simple as Barnes plays at Rotherham to get as close to a full 90 minutes as possible. 

Our First / Best XI pretty much picks itself and that's what we will be starting with at Stoke (Ndidi excluded), I think as it stands the only decision Rodgers has to make is Albrighton or Barnes. 

Add in that Barnes and gray been back a week they may not be fit enough for championship opposition, hamza too but he had longer rest due to his red card at beginning of tournament. Amartey May also not be fit enough yet for championship opposition 

No problem with Barnes being with the "2nd" string, he hasn't been back as long as the other players, most of the Stoke side will play 90 minutes I imagine so might as well let Barnes play as many minutes as he can against Rotherham. More importantly might gain some confidence in front of goal.

I think the side I put earlier in this thread will be the starting 11 against Wolves unless Barnes as a couple of superb games tomorrow and against Atalanta.

Interesting that the perceived natural wide men, seem mostly to be in the Rotherham game (Except Albrighton, maybe Ayoze if you count him as a winger). Could be an indiction that Rodgers intends to play a narrower 3 behind Vardy?

1 hour ago, TheLittleBigMan said:

1 hour ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

Have to agree re Gray. We can’t KEEP saying season after season this will be his time to shine

:nono:

He needs to step up this season or we look for someone better

Looking again, i think ross has probably got it right that albrighton starts against stoke and gray is just bench fodder. Most likely based on albrightons performances. Might be a bit unfair on gray as he's only had one run out pre season.

Alternatively, gray starts, and its anybody's guess which of the 3 he chooses as first choice and a better indication of why he wants another winger and more reason to get excited about another potential marquee signing towards the end of the window.

Obviously his 12th choice has to play in the second squad as they need minutes. Someone could have a blinder and change his mind. But as always Albrighton is proving the doubters wrong and having an excellent pre-season and judging on how well he's performed so far is probably justifiably winning the race to start against Wolves. 

Wolves are  a great side and probably one we need a little extra support for the defenders, MA would be in my first 11 as well. 

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Interesting that the perceived natural wide men, seem mostly to be in the Rotherham game (Except Albrighton, maybe Ayoze if you count him as a winger). Could be an indiction that Rodgers intends to play a narrower 3 behind Vardy?

It reminds me a lot of the way Liverpool play. Below is a real tactical plan from a preseason match between Liverpool and Bradford. There are similarities in this setup and how the Leicester team lined up against Scunthorpe in game 1. The majority of the width is provided by the fullbacks, and notice the majority of the runs drawn in blue from the two forwards either side of Brewster are towards goal to create more attacking threat. We've seen already in preseason that Albrighton and Perez spend almost as much time centrally as they do on the wings.

The difference for me is that our midfield three is setup a bit differently. One definitely plays much closer to Vardy, so far this position has been filled by King and Maddison. And another is definitely the "water carrier" who drops back to make a defensive three for protection / stability. So far this has been Mendy and surprisingly, Silva. Choudhury actually played in a more advanced role, though I expect him to play this role tomorrow.

The big difference in playing this way is that in theory it means that neither Barnes nor Gray have to be in the team. We can get away with it because after Liverpool we probably have the next best starting fullbacks in the league in Chilwell and Ricardo.

It will make i interesting to see how we play tomorrow as Rodgers has said the first 3 weeks were about fitness, and the next 3 are about tactics and game strategy.

Edited by StriderHiryu

5 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Possible Stoke XI:

Kasper

Ricardo Evans Maguire Chilwell

Tielemans Hamza Maddison

Perez Vardy Albrighton

Subs:

Benković, Diabaté, Elder, Johansson, Leshabela, Thomas

Possible Rotherham XI:

Ward

Justin Morgan Soyuncu Fuchs

Silva Mendy

Gray Barnes Deirdre

Iheanacho

Subs:

Amartey, Jakupović, King, Moore, Muskwe, Ughelumba

Can see benković playing over Evan's due to Evan's injury last game. BR might not risk Evan's just yet