Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Walshie is God

Soyuncu

15 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Well no, if we've allowed the others to mature into good players, why go against that policy now?

What I was saying is making wrong decisions at the back is more costly than up front, which is the point I thought you were making? 

Move said already he is too early to write off but he needs to improve on that area of his play quickly 

5 minutes ago, mucfox said:

I'm sorry, I don't know your source, but 2 weeks ago I wrote...

...Soyuncu was only an average player in Freiburg/Germany and therefore he is not fit for the much better Premier League.

He was never nominated in a Bundesliga team of the year...

This might not be the official Bundesliga TOTY but it's moot anyway. He was nominated by a German Sports TV channel and he was in the mix up from at least one source. I doubt many bad players make anyones. 

1 hour ago, messerschmitt said:

Totally agree with all of this, some posters are asking if we could get Garry Cahill in till we suss out if Benkovic or Soyuncu are good enough, we've had them over a year, how are we going to know unless we give them both some serious game time.

That is true, we won't know until they are tested, but Gary Cahill would a very good insurance policy if they fall short.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Yes, I made several jokes about this at the time.

Benkovic speaks perfect English - when he signed he did an interview with FoxesTV (or whatever the media team is called nowadays) in English.

Soyuncu is the one who couldn't speak a word of English, which is why he didn't get played until October. Here's an LM article with Puel stating this somewhat ironically.

Edited by Xen

1 hour ago, Xen said:

Benkovic speaks perfect English - when he signed he did an interview with FoxesTV (or whatever the media team is called nowadays) in English.

Soyuncu is the one who couldn't speak a word of English, which is why he didn't get played until October. Here's an LM article with Puel stating this somewhat ironically.

I'm  confused. I definitely joked about this... did we perhaps consider loaning him to a Scottish club? Maybe as it was actually Benkovic who went in the end I got mixed up, since we've never loaned out Soyuncu.

Or dementia is the other answer.

20 hours ago, Gerard said:

More than happy to give our young CB's that we spent £30m on last summer a chance to make the step up and partner Evans.

We still have Morgan as well. if none of them make the grade then we can look at the situation in January.

If we were buying Soyuncu now people would look at his profile and think it's good business, he has excellent pedigree with 24 caps for a proper footballing nation like Turkey, 50 Bundesliga appearances and he also made the team for Bundesliga team of the year. 

Time for Cags to step up and shut the doubters up. :thumbup:

I think mentioning Morgan is really important personally. I know he’s not getting any younger but everyone is classing him as a right off... imo Wes had his best season last year since he’s been here & doesn’t seem to be slowing down. 

I personally would be happy to turn to Wes if the young lads aren’t stepping up whether that was for 6 months or 12 months. Much rather this, than us copy United & spunk a sh*t load of money on someone as we’ve panicked in getting a replacement.

3 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

I think mentioning Morgan is really important personally. I know he’s not getting any younger but everyone is classing him as a right off... imo Wes had his best season last year since he’s been here & doesn’t seem to be slowing down. 

I personally would be happy to turn to Wes if the young lads aren’t stepping up whether that was for 6 months or 12 months. Much rather this, than us copy United & spunk a sh*t load of money on someone as we’ve panicked in getting a replacement.

The problem with Wes is he is the wrong type of player for Rodgers.

Some people tend to just look at a defender as someone whos only job it is is to clear balls from the box.

Rodgers wants the ball played out and his defenders to support the forward play.  That is something that Wes is not great at.

Maguire was probably a well suited CB for rodgers.

Edited by Chrysalis

Literally grew into the game as it played. Solid if a little... Raw still. Can clearly tell the ability is there it just needs finesse, but that's the point of a career. Putting talent to hardwork to refine those skills, and he definitely has talent. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

Johnny Evans is by far the best defender at the club . When Wes played along side him  Evans made him Wes look better the same thing with  Harry . I just think give him chance alongside Evans and he’ll bring him on no end .

Evans is probably the calming influence and the experience to talk his partner through positioning etc.

• Like 1

very impressed with him today.

an absolute master stroke bringing him in a season ago...

Has great vision for a pass which i am sure will delight Rodgers.

still somewhat error prone but you can fine tune a player better by playing him rather than putting him in the reserves.

• Like 1

Something about him just has me panicking, I don't know why, I just feel like he has a mistake in him. Think we should splash out on a defender, and get 1 of Benkovic and Soyuncu out on loan.

Prove me wrong Cags by all means. 

• Like 1

Evans was class, Soyuncu was decent tonight though he got badly caught out missing a header again, Fuchs was there though to clean up, 

Just a shame our flying right back gave a penalty away otherwise they would have never scored.

Got the ability for sure, although he just looks like he lacks confidence in his own ability. Doesnt look self assured at all and i think that gives the impression he could drop a bollock at any moment. Confidence breeds confidence and all that. Hopefully that’ll come with game time and BR’s management of him. 

11 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

Evans was class, Soyuncu was decent tonight though he got badly caught out missing a header again, Fuchs was there though to clean up, 

Just a shame our flying right back gave a penalty away otherwise they would have never scored.

Centre half in missed header shocker!! Jeez, talk about being picky. He was good tonight, passed his audition as far as I am concerned. As his game time and confidence grows he’ll get a bit more adventurous going forward, but composure on the ball and passing is better than Maguire

Clearly Evans is a help alongside any partner, but the sun don’t shine out his arse. Two golden headers to score missed and two lunging tackles that would have resulted in at least yellows in a real game tonight. 

Give this pair pair a chance first 10 games.