Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Walshie is God

Soyuncu

27 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

Something about him just has me panicking, I don't know why, I just feel like he has a mistake in him. Think we should splash out on a defender, and get 1 of Benkovic and Soyuncu out on loan.

Prove me wrong Cags by all means. 

What you mean like Slabhead all last season ?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, daverollo said:

Centre half in missed header shocker!! Jeez, talk about being picky. He was good tonight, passed his audition as far as I am concerned. As his game time and confidence grows he’ll get a bit more adventurous going forward, but composure on the ball and passing is better than Maguire

Clearly Evans is a help alongside any partner, but the sun don’t shine out his arse. Two golden headers to score missed and two lunging tackles that would have resulted in at least yellows in a real game tonight. 

Give this pair pair a chance first 10 games.

I'll be what ever I want, do not like my opinion, tough, get over it.

5 minutes ago, StevieB said:

What you mean like Slabhead all last season ?

Pretty much, yes. But he will be playing for Utd next season and I think we should be looking at something different.

Ambitious perhaps, but Arsenal have been looking at Rugani on loan, maybe worth asking a question and would be relatively inexpensive. 

He done ok tonight against European opposition. He may find it tougher against the physical teams in the premiership like West Ham, Palace, and Wolves.

Which is why Wes may start against Wolves if HM goes.

But he will improve with more games and it might be a good option for BR to have to be able to switch between Wes and Soyuncu while he gets up to speed. 

I think he’s looked nervous in pre season like he has to impress enough to get a starting berth with all the competition he has had and will have. He’s got a lot of talent and I believe he can go far in the game but he is out of position a fair few times per game and looks like he has a mistake or two in him. I’d still like to see what Benkovic can offer too but it’s too late now to try in friendlies.

It’s a big decision for the club now to decide whether to stick with these lads to give them the game time they need to improve to the required standard or whether they avoid risking that not happening this season and buy a more proven PL defender 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, daverollo said:

The problem with giving this pair a chance first 10 games is if it doesn't work out we are waiting until January to rectify it.

We will continue, as people say, to lose our best player each window if we aren't in Europe. So it's imperitive we get it right from match 1 if we want to compete and not give the opposition 6 months leeway. 

People can mock Utd all they like, but they've noted a weakness in their team and rectified it. Over the odds fee or not, they've gone for the player with least risk.

Aside from Evans I'd say all of our CBs come with more than a touch of risk. 

7 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

The problem with giving this pair a chance first 10 games is if it doesn't work out we are waiting until January to rectify it.

We will continue, as people say, to lose our best player each window if we aren't in Europe. So it's imperitive we get it right from match 1 if we want to compete and not give the opposition 6 months leeway. 

People can mock Utd all they like, but they've noted a weakness in their team and rectified it. Over the odds fee or not, they've gone for the player with least risk.

Aside from Evans I'd say all of our CBs come with more than a touch of risk. 

Evans has the qualitee and intensitee to make other centre backs look good.  He made Maguire look worth 80 million to some.

Edited by majaco
Auto correct police ****ers

1 minute ago, majaco said:

Evans has the qualitee and intensitee to make other centre backs look good.  He made Maguire look with 80 million to some.

Do you think we'd have been punished more effectively had tonight's opponents had the likes of Jimenez, Cutrone, Jota etc against them? I thought they were poor up top and still caught us more than a few times. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

Do you think we'd have been punished more effectively had tonight's opponents had the likes of Jimenez, Cutrone, Jota etc against them? I thought they were poor up top and still caught us more than a few times. 

Yeah jota is class though, such a good footballer. & I think wolves would have punished us first half if we defend like that..

Edited by Meat and 2 veg

29 minutes ago, daverollo said:

Centre half in missed header shocker!! Jeez, talk about being picky. He was good tonight, passed his audition as far as I am concerned. As his game time and confidence grows he’ll get a bit more adventurous going forward, but composure on the ball and passing is better than Maguire

Clearly Evans is a help alongside any partner, but the sun don’t shine out his arse. Two golden headers to score missed and two lunging tackles that would have resulted in at least yellows in a real game tonight. 

What happens if / when Evans is out injured?.. 

We're f**ked. 

25 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

Have people not learnt  anything with young players . Look how many mistakes Chilly made his first season then look at him last season . Much improved but still prone to the odd mistake , it’s the only way to learn .,

Yes... but the point is people are expecting more than a midtable finish. You want to finish 9th - 13th then we can probably blood players making serious mistakes. If people are expecting more than that, then it’s a huge risk to go with just what we have IMO.

• Like 1

It's just one game, chaps........the first game now we know Harry is off. Will he deteriorate, stay much the same or improve? There are no guarantees, but sometimes, one just has to take a chance, give the man a go and hope he integrates and relaxes.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Yes... but the point is people are expecting more than a midtable finish. You want to finish 9th - 13th then we can probably blood players making serious mistakes. If people are expecting more than that, then it’s a huge risk to go with just what we have IMO.

I'd bet my house that we'll sign an experienced PL CB to replace Maguire next week.. 

And it'll be Dunk! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Would one person alone cost us more than a mid table finish over the course of a season ? I think it’s pretty hard  to say . I totally get what your saying but would blooding only one inexperienced prem player In a team scupper that . Who knows . 

1 hour ago, wardyfox86 said:

Something about him just has me panicking, I don't know why, I just feel like he has a mistake in him. Think we should splash out on a defender, and get 1 of Benkovic and Soyuncu out on loan.

Prove me wrong Cags by all means. 

How can he prove you wrong when you can't even prove yourself right?

Your writing of a top young player who cost 20 million and was named in the budesliga team of the year based on a feeling in your stomach!

1 minute ago, The whole world smiles said:

How can he prove you wrong when you can't even prove yourself right?

Your writing of a top young player who cost 20 million and was named in the budesliga team of the year based on a feeling in your stomach!

I haven't written anybody off, he's a promising player. However, from what I've seen of him, I'm worried people think he's gonna step in as our starting 11 CB. Like I said in another post, we are an injury to Evans away from problems.

If we want top 6, I think we need someone better. It's just my opinion. 

15 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

They are a good team, finished 3rd in serie A scoring 77 goals and just put 4 past Norwich.  I can't see how Wolves (7th, 47 goals scored) can be considered more potent than they are.  Champions League v Europa League.

• Like 1