Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Susan Whelan

Don't mess.

SuW.JPG.1063e7375dcddbe1f28904df1c5f05c6.JPG

Seriously, from complete football novice to complete kicker of Woody's ass in less than a decade.

And organization builder?  Lordy.

Massive respect.

5 hours ago, lifted*fox said:

It'd be kind of nice to show some kind of appreciation to all of the staff around the top of the club, Whelan, Rudkin and similar. 

We show love for the players and the owners but rarely do we praise or thank these guys. 

We don't get everything right but you gotta admit, we're doing some amazing things under their guidance and when you look at the journey we're about go on with the new training ground, etc. I think they deserve some credit. 

They also properly looked after Top by the sounds to things and guided him and the club through a pretty awful event. 

A Whelan, Rudkin and Top 'Deal with it' Tifo? lol

Edited by ALC Fox
  • Haha 3

She is the rock the club is sturdy on ! From duty free counter staff to chief of one of the greatest sports stories ever told , Without Susan we would be in a mess at times, there has been a power shift as well at the club she has assumed more football operational management as well , and that’s a good thing 

Jeez - seeing her name in this part of the forum scared me !

i’m certain that she gets offers of bigger jobs but hopeful that her and robbi’s relationship with the family will keep her here for a long time yet ....

but at at some point she will likely want a new challenge 

I thought she was leaving for a second which truly would be a worry.

Quite simply she’s one of the best Chief Execs in the country and could walk into such a role for any company and would bring immediate value. The way she sorted out the club after Vichai died was incredible. 

To her credit she completely avoids the limelight and does all this without needing the media spotlight. Incredible person really!

• Like 1

She's done a great job since being appointed. Must be up there with the best in this particular business. Well done Susan. Great idea for a thread @HankMarvin , long overdue.

I'm all for more women being involved in the game, I think it's a really healthy thing. I noticed that the Super Cup is going to be officiated by an all-female team and Sian Massey is one of the best in the business at running the line (as she proved yesterday). Some might hate it but it should be about who the best person is for the job not who is the best man.

Edited by Paddy.
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Jeez - seeing her name in this part of the forum scared me !

i’m certain that she gets offers of bigger jobs but hopeful that her and robbi’s relationship with the family will keep her here for a long time yet ....

but at at some point she will likely want a new challenge 

Think this is an important point, it’s a long standing thing and as with most people Top and family come into contact with over a long period, they feel like close family now.

I actually think, once they eventually get round to reform(!!!!), her influence at the FA might see her take the top job there in the near future... I was actually surprised when the Premier League were having so much trouble hiring a chief exec that she wasn’t considered. 

12 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Think this is an important point, it’s a long standing thing and as with most people Top and family come into contact with over a long period, they feel like close family now.

I actually think, once they eventually get round to reform(!!!!), her influence at the FA might see her take the top job there in the near future... I was actually surprised when the Premier League were having so much trouble hiring a chief exec that she wasn’t considered. 

She was on the selection panel so must have counted herself out of the process for actual CE 

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 1