Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Wolves (H) Pre match thread

Guest seanfox778

So happy the Premier League is back. Should be good for 2 years now with the Euros in between this season and next. 2-0 Foxes hopefully! Ricardo to find the back of the net. 

17 minutes ago, leicesterseddon said:

For someone that saw the teamsheet for the Atalanta game but didn't catch it, what formation did we line up in?

Same formation we used for most of Rodgers games last year, the 4141 / 433 depending on how you view it. Hamza as the sitting player, Albrighton and Perez as the wide forwards drifting inside / swapping flanks.

Guest Cujek

Start the season with a bang 

The euro thing is a curse, it almost got Burnley relegated last season. 

These have more money and a deeper squad but its still a big ask going to Armenia then having to adjust to play us. 

Can see this going one of two ways. 

An easy 2 nil victory or a very frustrating nil 1 loss 

I hope for the former but, at this early stage of the season you can't garuntee any result 

If we're going to be breaking into the top 6, this is a must win game, if only for carrying forward a winning mentality and momentum.

Not the end of the world if we don't win, but will be a serious bump in the road.

8 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Andre Marriner as ref on Sunday. 

Refereed two of our matches last season. 

Man Utd 2-1 Leicester - opening day. Penalty to Man Utd in first minute. 

Leicester 1-2 Everton - Morgan sent off. 

Edited by pds
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

I really want Choudhury to start some games (because he's brilliant), but I don't want to drop Ndidi. 

Big Caglar at CB for me.

For me, the rest of the XI is more-or-less nailed-on.

Not sure Ndidi is ready for first team football after AFCON but it's been a couple of weeks so maybe. That's the only possible change from Atalanta that I can see. Barnes to come on if we need an attacking threat in the last 20.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Same formation we used for most of Rodgers games last year, the 4141 / 433 depending on how you view it. Hamza as the sitting player, Albrighton and Perez as the wide forwards drifting inside / swapping flanks.

Ah OK, thanks.

Yeah personally I always saw it as 4-1-4-1, or just 4-5-1 for simplicity. 

Pretty sure it will be the same team as the Atalanta game. Only question mark is whether you play Barnes or Albrighton on the left but I reckon it will be Albrighton. 

It'll be the same team that started against Atalanta, can't see BR dropping Hamza for Wilf......yet. Really looking forward to this season with high hopes for entertaining winning football.

BUT this is the Leicester City rollercoaster so anything is possible from

a) An LCFC blitzkrieg that demolishes a weary Wolves 3+ goals to nil

b) We have a man sent off in the 1st half, but grab a street fighting draw

c) The slick passing just doesn't come off and it's a complete stalemate until the final minute when we get caught with a sucker punch.

b) Some howlers from our defensive unit that lead to a comfortable Wolves win and we're all left scratching our heads wishing Harry was still here. Cue FT meltdown.

A win would be a genuinely awesome start to the season, no matter how it's achieved COYB

47 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

I really want Choudhury to start some games (because he's brilliant), but I don't want to drop Ndidi. 

Big Caglar at CB for me.

For me, the rest of the XI is more-or-less nailed-on.

Ndidi playing at the AFCON could be a big chance for Hamza. 

If he gets the nod for the first few games and does well, I reckon Ndidi could find it harder to get back in the team than we might think. 

It’s not that Ndidi is a bad player, but Hamza always struck me as more of a Rodgers player in terms of his sheer energy, closing down, etc.