Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Wolves (H) Pre match thread

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

With all due respect, they needed a last minute goalkeeping mistake against Northern Irish part timers to get themselves a 2-0 first leg lead. Then actually went behind to them in the return leg. 

They put 11 men behind the ball. I doubt you're going to do that on Sunday. 

6 minutes ago, The Bear said:

They put 11 men behind the ball. I doubt you're going to do that on Sunday. 

The poster claimed tactically ahead of us - I’m not in doubt Wolves are good and in Nuno have an excellent tactical coach, but to say ahead of us at this stage of pre season tactically - when Wolves struggled to break down a 11 men semi pro defensive block whilst we beat one of Europe’s most tactically unique teams  - is an exaggeration of the scenario.  

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I'm not sure how we'd be ahead tactically in any situation. Our tactics are about three years old now. We rarely ever change. 

In fairness, I think with the addition of Cutrone we might FINALLY be seeing some adaption to some sort of possession football from you guys, at least against minnows.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

With all due respect, they needed a last minute goalkeeping mistake against Northern Irish part timers to get themselves a 2-0 first leg lead. Then actually went behind to them in the return leg. 

Wolves are a good team - technically we’ve played more games than them (6 to their 4); I think them being superior tactically and fitness wise is an exaggeration in the extreme 

Interesting. I do hope you are right. Hoping we get off to a great start first 4 games. Will get us in good standing

3 hours ago, SuperMike said:

Second-season-syndrome starts for wolves on Sunday. Easy win for LCFC - even sub Iheanacho amoungst the scorers in a 5-1 victory!

3 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Like when we suffered second season syndrome.......

Hopefully, theirs isn't like ours, ours was really quite different to your average second season syndrome 🤣

11 hours ago, The Bear said:

I'm not sure how we'd be ahead tactically in any situation. Our tactics are about three years old now. We rarely ever change. 

Perhaps we should have changed our manager more in the last three years.  Ranieri,  Shakespeare, Puel and Rodgers could be twins separated at birth except that there are four of them.

12 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

In fairness, I think with the addition of Cutrone we might FINALLY be seeing some adaption to some sort of possession football from you guys, at least against minnows.

He's definitely an impact option off the bench, which we desperately needed after last season. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gamble92 said:

I imagine the kind of people predicting a 1-2 defeat are sat with a flask and cheese and pickle sandwich wrapped in foil, still wishing Lloyd Dyer was there to berate. Now picking on any youth product, and of course booing Ghezzal and Gray. 

Always relentlessly show up, despite seemingly hating it when we win, and smugly reminding us how right they are when we lose. Radio Leicester on speed dial. Wife hopelessly awaits in the bungalow ready for a post match analysis despite much rather wanting to watch Strictly Come Dancing.

Oddly specific. Are you writing a mini series on the subject?

22 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

I imagine the kind of people predicting a 1-2 defeat are sat with a flask and cheese and pickle sandwich wrapped in foil, still wishing Lloyd Dyer was there to berate. Now picking on any youth product, and of course booing Ghezzal and Gray. 

Always relentlessly show up, despite seemingly hating it when we win, and smugly reminding us how right they are when we lose. Radio Leicester on speed dial. Wife hopelessly awaits in the bungalow ready for a post match analysis despite much rather wanting to watch Strictly Come Dancing.

In fairness it’s a great sandwich.

We’re winning this, Pérez and Vards to score, probably a 2-1 win.

Wolves are a good team with a great Manager but I do think their match today will have a negative impact on them and if we are on it, we can win this. 

I think will be a tight battle between them, us and Everton for 7th this season, with West Ham probably just falling short of that challenge. 

No doubt the Europa League will have an impact on Wolves though which could help us finish above them.

Everton are a curious one. Spending big but I really back Rodgers and our spirit over these types of teams. 

Wolves will be tough this season - more so than last I imagine. If we get anything out of the game I’ll be pleased. Perfectly doable. 

Right, where’s my blanket, bone china tea set, cheese and pickle sandwich and French fancies. Bloody hell, my butler is soooo slow. 

Can someone PM me a stream?

Is there any word on Ndidi, obviously a few weeks behind the others but do you think he'll be considered / involved? 

If not I'm sure Choudhury will do a job, then it's a case of Soyuncu or Morgan at CB and who is in the wide positions between Barnes, Perez and Albrighton if 4-3-3.

29 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Wolves are playing a full strength team for their match which is currently in progress, which could work in our favour. 

I wanted to watch the game, but cant find a stream anywhere. Currently 1-0 up.

BTW for the new season here is the new REDDIT https://www.reddit.com/r/soccercom/ also https://footybite.com/home-page/ is still up and running (atm) 

Edit - i found a stream :D

Edited by Suzie the Fox
  • Thanks 2

Second half of the Europa game was like a training session. Jota, Doherty and Jimenez all off early. Flight took them 5 hours, so they'll be back home tomorrow morning to rest. Training on Sat then travel to Leicester Sunday morning. Shouldn't be too much disruption hopefully. 

I however reserve the right to blame any negative result completely on tonight's game :P

Based on tonight, it'll be our usual strongest XI from last season that we play on Sunday. 

Patricio

Bennett  -  Coady  -  Boly

Doherty  -  Dendoncker  -  Neves  -  Jonny

Moutinho

Jimenez  -  Jota

Tough game, they’re a good side. Should be a good game tbh and I’m looking forward to it.

But as apparently you’re not allowed to predict anything other than a win nowadays on here I’m going for 5-0 City.

• Like 1