Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Wolves (H) Pre match thread

Schmeichel

Pereira - Evans - Soyuncu - Chilwell

Choudhury

Albrighton - Tielemans - Maddison - Perez

Vardy

For me, back 4 + Kasper pick themselves.

Tielemans will probably stay deep at times to support Choudhury. I've noticed he will come deep for the ball and be a playmaker and control play from there. At other times he'll get in to the box to support attacks either through the middle or out on either wing. He's that good I can see him command the play from anywhere in midfield.

Perez will be the inside forward to support Vardy when we go forward, but also help out on the wing to give balance to the side. Makes it difficult for defenders to pick up you'd imagine not knowing if he's gonna stay out on the wing or be more central.  

Wolves will be a very stiff test for us, a solid team who have improved over the Summer. We need to beat teams that are challenging for that 7th spot such as Everton, Wolves & West Ham if we are going to challenge for Europe

This is a really hard one to call. It will be interesting to see if Wolves are on fire again or if they end up being an anti climax. Either way, I certainly see ourselves as being the weaker team going into this but here's for hoping.

Looking at this I would expect:

Kasper

Ricardo   Evans     Soyuncu    Chilwell

Choudhury 

Tielemans             Maddison 

Perez                              Albrighton 

Vardy

Subs:  Ward, Morgan, Justin, Ndidi, Gray, Barnes, Iheanacho. 

Would love us to have another attacking option available by Thursdsy night. 

Edited by Gazza M
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

Looking at this I would expect:

Kasper

Ricardo   Evans     Soyuncu    Chilwell

Choudhury 

Tielemans             Maddison 

Perez                              Albrighton 

Vardy

Subs:  Ward, Morgan, Justin, Ndidi, Silva, Gray, Iheanacho. 

Would love us to have another attacking option available by Thursdsy night. 

Swap Barnes for Silva 

• Like 2

Not sure the trip to Armenia will unsettle Wolves as much as we hope. You'd still be expecting them to put more emphasis on getting the home fixture right.

Would not surprise me if this was a draw. We haven't drawn a first game of a season apart from our PL return v Everton in 2014 in god knows how long.

It's one we are good enough to win mind. Wolves are a good side but there defence can be a little bit shaky. Saw this out comfortably last year with A Mendy tour de force and that was without Tielemans. Losing the first game the last 3 seasons hasn't helped. None of our managers have lasted the full season afterwards.:cry:

Hopefully we can win this comfortably by half 3. The All Ireland Gaelic Football semi final between Kerry and Tyrone starts then!

Edited by Blue ROI

9 hours ago, LinekersApples said:

Why so negative?

Didn't you see the other bit?  "Jon Moss on VAR"

Can just see it now, Jon Moss rocking back in his chair, falling asleep with a pie in hand

Edited by Mehrez
  • Haha 1

I want a win to justify my 200 mile drive to the match.

Appreciate I don’t always get what I want it but would be good for the fans to get a win over one of our alleged close competitors for a euro spot.

1 hour ago, Mehrez said:

Can just see it know, Jon Moss rocking back in his chair, falling asleep with a pie in hand

lol That really tickled me. I pictured it instantly. He's nodding off, head down, mouth open, drooling on his shirt. His arm falls out of his lap and the pie falls to the floor. He jolts to life, confused. Looks at his hand, still in claw-clutching-pie position, but pie missing! WTF?! Furrows brow. He looks around with urgency, panicked. Sees damaged pie on floor, relieved. Slowly looks around to see if he's being watched, acting nonchalant. Gobbles pie before it can escape again. Back to sleep.

• Haha 2

So worried about our start to the season and especially worried about this game. Have gone out of my way to watch the preseason games of Wolves knowing they will be our first game. In my opinion they seem so far ahead of us in fitness and tactics. Obviously because their Euro commitments they started earlier, but they look so fast and strong. Glad we are at home. At the moment unfortunately looking at a 2-1 loss or a 1-1 draw. We will definitely score though

On 06/08/2019 at 04:59, LCFCSOULBOY said:

So worried about our start to the season and especially worried about this game. Have gone out of my way to watch the preseason games of Wolves knowing they will be our first game. In my opinion they seem so far ahead of us in fitness and tactics. Obviously because their Euro commitments they started earlier, but they look so fast and strong. Glad we are at home. At the moment unfortunately looking at a 2-1 loss or a 1-1 draw. We will definitely score though

With all due respect, they needed a last minute goalkeeping mistake against Northern Irish part timers to get themselves a 2-0 first leg lead. Then actually went behind to them in the return leg. 

Wolves are a good team - technically we’ve played more games than them (6 to their 4); I think them being superior tactically and fitness wise is an exaggeration in the extreme 

• Thanks 1