Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Wolves (H) Pre match thread

1 minute ago, The Bear said:

Agreed we're both good teams. We didn't finish in the positions we did in the league by accident. And we've both strengthened our squads. 

If we’d had bought a good winger in I’d have had more confidence, I think we’ll beat each other once this season as it stands 🙂 I’ll cheer any mid team to break into the top 6 though. Big guns are boring.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Farrington fox said:

So, will it be Wes or Soyuncu?

I'd be amazed if it's not Soyuncu partnering Evans, with Morgan on the bench.

According to BBC website, the round trip for Wolves to Armenia is 6,370 miles.

Let's hope they're a bit jaded by Sunday!

• Like 1

I'd like to see Ndidi start if he's fit.

Hamza is too rash to play that holding role for me. Far too many times in the Atalanta and Stoke games he was caught out of position, and the one thing Soyuncu needs for his baptism of fire is someone shielding him throughout the game.

Schmeichel (c)

Ricardo Evans Soyuncu Chilwell

Ndidi

Tielemans Maddison

Ayoze Vardy Albrighton

Subs: Ward, Morgan, Justin, Choudhury, Gray, Barnes, Iheanacho

Assume Praet is a bit behind on fitness given Serie A starts two weeks after us.

Very difficult first two games for us. A win would be a fantastic start, but a draw would be a great result still.

• Like 2

First games are always notoriously difficult to call. I think we will win 3-1 (because that is the bet I always put on rather than any prediction about beating Wolves!). Regardless I think both Wolves and Leicester should expect to be ruffling a few feathers this season. 

5 minutes ago, lcfc81 said:

Regardless I think both Wolves and Leicester should expect to be ruffling a few feathers this season. 

Absolutely. Let's just agree now on a nice friendly 1-1 draw in both games, and we can both move on and kick some top 6 arse!

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Wolves having to travel so far should definitely be in our favour. And then Chelsea have to go to Istanbul and back (to face Liverpool in the UEFA Super Cup) before they host us (with nerves jangling in any case for Lampard's first home game).

We won both these two fixtures last season, so six points are there for the taking, I say...

Or is all this pre-season excitement and optimism getting to me??

30 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

On the flip side, they should be sharper 

tough to call and if we have designs on finishing above them then we must not lose this 

They've played some of their best players for close to 90 minutes less than three days before they play us and they've had to travel to Armenia and back to play a team who are probably league one standard. We've had a great pre season, signed one of the best CMs in the business, reinforced our weakest position and our young ever improving squad are raring to go and we'll be at home. It won't be an easy match. It will be tough. But please get a bit of a grip.

3 hours ago, SheppyFox said:

If we’d had bought a good winger in I’d have had more confidence, I think we’ll beat each other once this season as it stands 🙂 I’ll cheer any mid team to break into the top 6 though. Big guns are boring.

Really can't understand this obsession with wingers, the chances are we won't be playing with wingers under Rodgers. If you mean we need 'players' of the quality of Marhez perhaps, but wingers as was  (with obvious exceptions) are outmoded. But ... arguably even Marhez wouldn't work under Rodgers as he required a baby sitter in the shape of Simpson. Having another Marhez would negate the potential of a player like Ricardo as lazy boy Marhez wouldn't help cover for him. 

25 minutes ago, srex9 said:

This is going to be a very tough match. Although we'll be the best team they have faced by some margin and we will certainly do some damage. If we score first I think we win.

They'll be the toughest team we've faced by an even bigger margin.

2-2 for me, we will excite going forward but get caught at the back. 

• Like 1