Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Wolves (H) Pre match thread

What I like about Wolves is they haven’t just gone out and thrown money at players the likes of fifa want you to believe are good, very much like ourselves they’ve purchased extremely talented players that slip somewhat under the radar. Both of us will have good seasons, in fact, I wouldn’t bet against us meeting at an advanced stage of a domestic tournament either. 

I think we will edge the weekend being at home, it will be a tight and competitive game but I think being at home for the first game will give us a lift. 

• Like 1

Albrighton to start and have a huge impact this season. Really liked the look of him this pre season and seems to have taken on board that Brendan demands a reliable goal threat with figures to boot from his wingers. 

Really think we’ll see a rejuvenated and impressive Albrighton this season.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

What’s wrong with people? There team is basically the same as last year and we beat them 2-0 at home.

We kept our strongest first XI together, whereas you have a weaker defence. 

Easy to play that game. If only reality was that easy too. 

2 minutes ago, The Bear said:

We kept our strongest first XI together, whereas you have a weaker defence. 

Easy to play that game. If only reality was that easy too. 

Maguire really wasn't that great for us last season. Evans and Morgan pairing had better stats! lol

3 hours ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

Schmeichel

ricardo

soyuncu

evans

chilwell

choudhury

tielemans

perez

maddison

albrighton

vardy

ward, Morgan, Justin, praet, mendy/Silva, Barnes, iheanacho 

2-1 win 👍

Ndidi will be on bench instead of mendy/silva and I think Fuchs instead of Morgan

Only two real lineup questions for me - Ndidi or Choudhury (I suspect Brendan will play Wilf if he's even close to fit) and Albrighton or Barnes up front.  That's a tough one - with Praet's arrival eventually pushing both to the reserves I'd like to see Harvey get a chance to make a real impact in the first two matches or so.  Especially since Albrighton would be more likely to start vs. Chelsea.

9 minutes ago, Hollyfox said:

Did you watch that game? 

They Could  easily been a couple of goals up within 10 minutes and we scored with our 1st attack from a bizarre own goal. 

We saw the game out well, Dispite Vardy’s red card, but the gods were with us that day. 

Expecting a very difficult afternoon but think we could edge it. 

In truth I have a wolves mate who is delusional and actually thought they had a good chance of winning the league last year. 

Wolves are decent but I still think we have a better 1st 11 and squad

21 minutes ago, Hollyfox said:

Did you watch that game? 

They Could  easily been a couple of goals up within 10 minutes and we scored with our 1st attack from a bizarre own goal. 

We saw the game out well, Dispite Vardy’s red card, but the gods were with us that day. 

Expecting a very difficult afternoon but think we could edge it. 

We had no Tielemans and arguably the most boring manager on planet earth 

Must win

You can't lose home games to anyone in this league if you have aspirations of europe.

Hamza over N'Didi and albrighton over Barnes/Gray/Praet.

Interesting to see if Gray or Iheanacho are on the bench alongside Ward/Benko/Ndidi/Barnes/Praet/Fuchs

Leicester win 4-2 - we're going to concede in most games this year due to our attacking philosophy but we'll score in every game.

I'm so excited for this season. :DD

This game is a great litmus test for our credentials. Granted, you can't read too much into the very first match, especially with Wolves arriving back from their marathon trip out to the arse end of nowhere this week, but if either team comes out on top it sends a real early statement out that, after all the off-season bluster, they mean business. Early momentum is huge to how a season pans out.

I'm predicting a narrow win with both teams playing silky stuff. 2-1 to us, Vardy (who else?) and Albrighton. Neves for them. 

8 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Rodgers on Top taking chairman role

“I think that firstly, after the tragedy, Khun Top showed incredible courage. His father lost his life here and the very next day he was here. That very day, he assumed the responsibility of leading the club. In any club, leadership is important.”

Transfer window and failing to replace Maguire

“Very pleased. We targeted a number of areas and were delighted with players brought in. We lost a very important player in Harry. A fantastic player but a really good man. What Harry did over the summer was show how to conduct oneself, show professionalism, showed that good guys get what they want. For us, it was always going to be a difficult market, if we were interested in one or two.”

Pleased to get Praet?

“He is an outstanding player who fits the profile. I feel we have a lot of defensive midfielders, but in terms of offensive midfield layer, I felt we only had one of those in Youri Tielemans. Last season, I felt we need two attacking midfield players.

“Youri, we were able to sign, which is good for everyone, and Dennis we are very pleased to sign him, good age, good profile, he fits the bill. Everyone we spoke to was very positive about him so we are very happy to get him.”

What do you make of Wolves?

I think they have done fantastic, watching them in the Championship, they played a very clear way, they have obviously invested heavily in the squad, but you still have to synchronise the team.

“They achieved European football which will give them confidence. They now come into the season and they will look to build on that. They have fantastic players, and he is a fantastic manager.”

What's your message to the players?

“I think for us it’s to go and fight. To do our very best. You have to work hard, you get nothing for free, have to earn it. Players do that in training, we’re going out to win.

“It’s a season where we start without Khun Vichai, we want to win for his vision, legacy and we want to win for the supporters.”

Brendan is the man. 

• Like 1

This season is exciting on so so many levels. :scarf:

In terms of getting where we would want to be - it is a huge season for no-one more than Rodgers

He has got (most of) the players, he has had a pre-season.

Time to go for it.