Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Wolves (H) Pre match thread

Premier league football is back! We've had a decent summer in the transfer window and still have a few days to add a couple more if the club feel we need it. We got our man in Tielemans which was always gonna be the priority for the fans

Wolves at home seems like the perfect game to judge where we are at. Not gonna be too far apart at the end of the season again imo. 

Team I'd like to see

Kasper

Ricardo

Soyuncu

Evans

Chilwell 

Choudhury

Tielemans 

Barnes 

Maddison

Perez

Vardy

3-1 foxes

Vardy x 2

Maddison

Jota

The main decision for BR to make is Albrighton or Barnes.

I think this is Barnes' year - but Albrighton has had a great pre season and a lot of their threat comes from the wingbacks so I'd be inclined to start him.

I hope I'm not alone when I say that I am sooooo excited for this season. Think we'll win on Sunday but it'll be close. Both sides to score.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, daddylonglegs said:

The main decision for BR to make is Albrighton or Barnes.

I think this is Barnes' year - but Albrighton has had a great pre season and a lot of their threat comes from the wingbacks so I'd be inclined to start him.

I hope I'm not alone when I say that I am sooooo excited for this season. Think we'll win on Sunday but it'll be close. Both sides to score.

I'm really excited about this season. Since the title win, other than the CL I've lost a bit of the buzz of football but I feel we've got a solid plan in place with a young exciting squad

(MEGA breath of air in....) and we're back...

Can't really seeing it being a different starting line-up to the one selected for Atalanta. 

Ndidi vs Choudhury will be an interesting one, form vs fitness etc etc. 

Don't think the Albrighton selection is even a discussion after his decent pre-season. 

Soyuncu vs Morgan....potentially?...I'm not keen on that decision, that's Brendan's job. 

I reckon a decent situation to be in at this stage, super solid team. 

2 minutes ago, Poznan34 said:

Guess it'll be the diamond like Friday night

Kasper

Ricardo

Evans

Soyuncu

Chilwell

Choudhury

Tielemans

Albrighton

Maddison

Perez

Vardy

We played that lineup, but it was the 433 formation as Perez and Albrighton stuck to the wide forward positions for the most part. I think it will be that same team and formation from that game against Wolves. Ndidi would usually play instead of Hamza, but because he's late back due to AFCON and Hamza has had a great preseason, I think Rodgers will stick with him. 

I think we will win 2-1, but it will be a very close affair. They will already have played 3 competitive games before this match, though their European trip midweek could play into our hands.

Can't wait for this game though! Very excited for the new season!

• Like 2

Gotta win and start the season off well if we want to make any challenge into the Top 6/7. Won't get a better chance of beating Wolves just days after they have travelled a long way to Armenia to play 90 minutes. We have had a good pre-season so let's hope we can build on that.

Would be disappointed with anything but 3 points. 2-1 edgy win.

There is a slight concern in the back of my mind that he will put Morgan in alongside Evans, surely that won't happen?

I think we're pretty nailed on to start with Albrighton. Nice to have Barnes and Gray to have an impact from the bench.

Tough game to start with, Wolves in Armenia (?) Thursday so could benefit us but might not have too much impact. Important we have good home form this year if we want to do anything, no sloppy goals in the first 15 to make us chase the game.

I'm proper excited about this season, let hope we can crack on and get a convincing win to start us off. Looking at the OPs team, I would bring Albrighton in for Barnes. Looking at the squad we now have we should be challenging anyone with who ever starts on the wings, what a time to be a Leicester fan. 

With HM going I don't think we need to strengthen the CBs as we have replacements in line already, bank the money and see what's needed in Jan to help us push a bit harder for Europe.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

There is a slight concern in the back of my mind that he will put Morgan in alongside Evans, surely that won't happen?

I think we're pretty nailed on to start with Albrighton. Nice to have Barnes and Gray to have an impact from the bench.

Tough game to start with, Wolves in Armenia (?) Thursday so could benefit us but might not have too much impact. Important we have good home form this year if we want to do anything, no sloppy goals in the first 15 to make us chase the game.

That won't happen

Agree - start with Marc. Nice to feel like we have genuine impact subs though with Harvey on the bench, and I am sure he will be starting quite a few matches this season. 

I honestly think this is going to be a real challenge. Despite Harry's departure, I've come out of the transfer window and pre-season brimming with confidence, like everyone else i guess, but the reality is that Wolves are one of most direct competitors to challenge for top 6, and while our current team is extraordinarily promising, the Atalanta game suggested that they haven't quite gelled yet (despite the fact that I enjoyed it, I thought we played well, the result was great). I think it'll take a few more games for this squad to really start firing on all cylinders.

I so desperately want Leicester to win this and make a statement, especially against Wolves, but i'm not sure we are there yet. Weeks away, perhaps, no more. 

I think I'm more nervous about this than if we were playing Man City.

Absolute lottery this game. Two teams who will have very similar objectives this season in the very first matchday of the season. Managed to get a ticket and I'm expecting a quality game overall, I'm hoping it's Brendan's spirit and tactical nous that gives us an advantage in this one.

Score could be anything, but I'll go 2-1, 2-0 up until the last 15 minutes then squeaky bum time. Perez on his league debut & Tielemans to get rolling early.