Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Silva Fox

Have we progressed this window?

All this 'so much for a storm' stuff is rubbish...

Just look at the state of the majority (myself included). I'd say there's well and truly been a storm, just not from the place we expected it. LA got it spot on..  :ph34r:

Disappointed we haven't strengthened the bench a bit more but this can only be good news for the likes of Soyuncu, Benkovic, Barnes, Choudhury, Gray and Leshabela  as it should mean they all play a part at some point. Overall I think we have clearly progressed compared to where we were before the window but other teams have arguably shown even more ambition in terms of their signings. Time will tell where we are relative to those clubs with similar aspirations to ourselves but I've lowered my personal expectations for the season and now think we'll be 8th-10th rather than challenging for top 6. 

4 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

Needed a Maguire replacement to make this window a real succes 

We bought them last summer.  

Having a preseason with Rodgers, Barnes, Hamza, Tielemans, etc. should "progress" us more in this window than what many expect.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Clever Fox said:

We've done very well this Window. However I think we missed one in Wellbeck on a free as cover for Vardy.  He can even play on the left Wing has great pace and a decent Goal average.

If you can get him out the medical room long enough.

2 hours ago, Ted Maul said:

Going to have to say no now, unfortunately.

You would seriously rather we went into next season with what we had at the start of the window (with, to be generous, Tielemans on a loan til Jan)? 

That's no Perez, James or Praet and doubts about Youri's long-term future, all for getting Maguire back. Bizarre.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, turtmcfly said:

You would seriously rather we went into next season with what we had at the start of the window (with, to be generous, Tielemans on a loan til Jan)? 

That's no Perez, James or Praet and doubts about Youri's long-term future, all for getting Maguire back. Bizarre.

The squad has certainly been strengthened, but I'm not sure about the first 11- Justin is one for the future and I imagine Praet will be used in rotation. 

Perez strengthens the attack, Maguire going weakens the defence.

We still haven't replaced Mahrez and I'm not sure Soyuncu is ready yet- an Evans injury and we're in trouble.

Marginal progress, maybe- it could have been so much better though.

4 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

If you can get him out the medical room long enough.

We only needed him as back up for Vardy. And on a free that was good business by Watford.

We could have wrapped him in cotton wool until Vardy gets injured.

I'm really hoping I don't have to say I told you so.

2 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

The squad has certainly been strengthened, but I'm not sure about the first 11- Justin is one for the future and I imagine Praet will be used in rotation. 

We still haven't replaced Mahrez and I'm not sure Soyuncu is ready yet- an Evans injury and we're in trouble.

Choosing to ignore the Youri sized elephant in the changing room?

1 minute ago, Ted Maul said:

And we've no real cover for Vardy if he gets an injury and is out for a while. With all this fancy football where are the Goals going to come from.

While the signings will improve us all over the pitch it's still Goals that win games.

7 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

Choosing to ignore the Youri sized elephant in the changing room?

Fantastic to get him permanently, obviously- doesn't improve the side from the one which finished last season though.

I just think we're 2 quality players short of challenging for Europe. Still think we'll be top 10.

Pretty damn good window as far as I’m concerned. For a start we’ve got  Tielemans on a permanent who is going to be a world class player.,It wasn’t long ago we were playing  GTF  in midfield  so we’ve made huge strides . As much as some of our deluded  fans may  think we are still not massive so we can’t just go out and buy or convince top tier players to come here . Our only hope is to improve the squad year on year window on window hopefully get into Europe then we may have more of a chance of those better players. Look at when we were in Europe last time players still didn’t want to come here as they knew it was a one off, if we can slowly sneak into the top six and stay around there for a few seasons you never know . 

If we are not playing wingers this season, we are fine. If we do play wingers, I would say we are in for a frustrating season where I just don't see us finishing higher than 10th. 

Edited by L3n9a