Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Stadium Expansion...?

3 hours ago, BlueSi13 said:

I just really hope that this isn't done on the cheap (if it even happens at all).  Would be amazing if we could make a real architectural statement rather than do a quick bodge a la the Cardiff City Stadium:

image.png.3ddde92691534013e16313af740073e2.png

2 hours ago, NewquayFox said:

Proper bodge job, they even missed the F from the end of Cardiff... :rolleyes:

There's only one F'in Cardif. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fox in the North said:

Mentioned this before, but FC Cincinnati have nearly completed their stadium. I really like the external effects on the outside of the ground. It was mentioned at the time that it might look tacky and to me, it looks pretty decent. 

Never seen that before but I think that’s top class, would love it. 

2 hours ago, Fox in the North said:

Mentioned this before, but FC Cincinnati have nearly completed their stadium. I really like the external effects on the outside of the ground. It was mentioned at the time that it might look tacky and to me, it looks pretty decent. 

i REALLY like this.  but then i'm a bit of a tech geek, so this fits in with my likes!!  - can see plenty of NIMBY opposition to this on our stadium though.  Can't see it getting signed off even if the ownership were keen....

Just imagine a scrolling LED of Shinzi's Smile for all to see. 

epic. 

10 hours ago, Fox in the North said:

Looks to be one side of the stadium rather than completely all around. I remember going Sevilla their ground practically glowed red. It was like being at the super red light district 

3 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Looks to be one side of the stadium rather than completely all around. I remember going Sevilla their ground practically glowed red. It was like being at the super red light district 

It will be whole stadium eventually, I think it was just a test run of that side of the ground. I can imagine! I just think if you’re going to have some sort of lighting you may as well make it worth it and that this style of lighting is a pretty modern and would be more unique (at the moment) at a Premier League ground.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Greg2607 said:

i REALLY like this.  but then i'm a bit of a tech geek, so this fits in with my likes!!  - can see plenty of NIMBY opposition to this on our stadium though.  Can't see it getting signed off even if the ownership were keen....

Just imagine a scrolling LED of Shinzi's Smile for all to see. 

epic. 

Probably, it's one of the reasons we have such dull stadiums here.  I'd imagine someone 30 miles away who can just about see the lights if they stood on their toilet would complain and the whole thing would be scrapped.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

You’ve convinced me.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Ashley said:

Let's be honest. It looks shit. 

Cheap and easy to do what they done. Didn't blend in the roofs or anything. View might be perfectly fine but that's not what people are getting at.

It looks good inside. The picture shown in the post in construction doesn't do it any favours. Have you actually been? 🤔

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

Do people go to the match to watch the football or to admire the stadium from outside? 

...pretty much both...!!!

There are some stadiums you just want to go to just to see it in reality. Britain has a pretty much cookie cutter attitude to stadiums and the clubs in the lower divisions have nowhere near the funds to develop their grounds,  to the detriment of the development of their squad.

We are lucky to be in this position where we can have an innovatively designed stadium to add to the landscape and a team at the forefront of the Premier League. 

30 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

It looks good inside. The picture shown in the post in construction doesn't do it any favours. Have you actually been? 🤔

Cardiff? 

A good few times. The lego Stadium. Then it had a a second tier dumped on top of it. Could have been so much better. 

26 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Do people go to the match to watch the football or to admire the stadium from outside? 

Both. Been to some fantastic stadiums across the world, let's be honest that Cardiff Stadium could be alot better. 

Ours will look amazing when it's done and it'll take the identikit feel away from it.

22 hours ago, Ashley said:

Let's be honest. It looks shit. 

Cheap and easy to do what they done. Didn't blend in the roofs or anything. View might be perfectly fine but that's not what people are getting at.

Maybe just maybe the roof doesn’t ‘blend’ in with the original roofs because from when the original stadium was built they’d always had plans to increase capacity as all around the stands the very back row is nowhere near the external wall, there’s a void there, if you look at that pic of the new stand you’ll see 4 or 5 rows of seats then a gap then the rest of the new stand.

So chances are they future proofed the ground by being able to increase the other elevations so then the roof all runs through, but hey what do I know I have only been in the building trade 32 years.

Armchair architects know far more it seems. 

9 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

All I want is more seating and good atmosphere. Been too long since I've been able to get to more than one game a season. I live a few hours away and, as much as I love the club, tickets are gold dust these days.

I'm with you and I imagine thousands of others. I used to be able to watch my beloved City when we weren't fashionable and had won very little. Best times were the MON years  but between the Cup Final years we had some pretty dire times when fewer of us bothered to attend. However since we have been more successful there is not a cat in hell's chance of getting a ticket, home or away so the idea of expanding the stadium is much anticipated. Unfortunately living away and having a season ticket is not an option even if I could get one. So I say bring it on.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, promised land said:

Maybe just maybe the roof doesn’t ‘blend’ in with the original roofs because from when the original stadium was built they’d always had plans to increase capacity as all around the stands the very back row is nowhere near the external wall, there’s a void there, if you look at that pic of the new stand you’ll see 4 or 5 rows of seats then a gap then the rest of the new stand.

So chances are they future proofed the ground by being able to increase the other elevations so then the roof all runs through, but hey what do I know I have only been in the building trade 32 years.

Armchair architects know far more it seems. 

You seem really angry with this😂

Why couldn't they take the pespeck or what ever material it is down to the edge of the roof instead of leaving that massive gap? 

It just looks plonked on and could have been alot better. 

What do I know though being an armchair architect and all that 🤷‍♂️

ccs_stad_1.jpg

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

Never under estimate image. This is the next stage on the road towards building the clubs status and, along with the new HQ at Seagrave, is coming to the notice of the world. The Lost city is coming out of the shadows. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Spudulike said:

Never under estimate image. This is the next stage on the road towards building the clubs status and, along with the new HQ at Seagrave, is coming to the notice of the world. The Loster city is coming out of the shadows. 

Corrected for you.

9 minutes ago, Ashley said:

You seem really angry with this😂

Why couldn't they take the pespeck or what ever material it is down to the edge of the roof instead of leaving that massive gap? 

It just looks plonked on and could have been alot better. 

What do I know though being an armchair architect and all that 🤷‍♂️

ccs_stad_1.jpg

That only looks so plonked on because it's a different colour lol

I don't think it would look so bad if it was blue.

30 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

All I want is more seating and good atmosphere. Been too long since I've been able to get to more than one game a season. I live a few hours away and, as much as I love the club, tickets are gold dust these days.

14 minutes ago, oldbluefox said:

I'm with you and I imagine thousands of others. I used to be able to watch my beloved City when we weren't fashionable and had won very little. Best times were the MON years  but between the Cup Final years we had some pretty dire times when fewer of us bothered to attend. However since we have been more successful there is not a cat in hell's chance of getting a ticket, home or away so the idea of expanding the stadium is much anticipated. Unfortunately living away and having a season ticket is not an option even if I could get one. So I say bring it on.

If you're not fussed where you sit and only want a single ticket, not for a Cat A game, tickets aren't an issue. I live away and never had a problem getting a ticket for a match when I'm back.

I'm certainly in favour of the expansion but it's definitely not impossible to get tickets. Not as easy as it was but not that difficult.