Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Benkovic

Heard from a few sources (Rodgers in interview and Flashscore lineups) that we had no injuries and full squad to choose from for the Chelsea game. That implies that he must be over his injury and will be returning soon, perhaps the Newcastle game next week? 

9 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Heard from a few sources (Rodgers in interview and Flashscore lineups) that we had no injuries and full squad to choose from for the Chelsea game. That implies that he must be over his injury and will be returning soon, perhaps the Newcastle game next week? 

He played 90 minutes with the U23's on Monday. I would expect him to be at least on the bench for Newcastle (I would expect a strong-ish side, given the commitment to making a go for the cups, or else I would say "expect him to start" although I wouldn't be surprised if he lined up with Morgan.)

52 minutes ago, 49er said:

On-call: Andrej Kramarić (injury cloud and will join squad if he recovers), Marko Rog, Filip Benković, Mijo Caktaš, Josip Juranović, Antonio Mirko Čolak

What I meant was his lack of match fitness is probably the reason why is on standby and not in the actual squad. 

1 hour ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

He played 90 minutes with the U23's on Monday. I would expect him to be at least on the bench for Newcastle (I would expect a strong-ish side, given the commitment to making a go for the cups, or else I would say "expect him to start" although I wouldn't be surprised if he lined up with Morgan.)

You would hope so as pointless having Wes before him in a sub-role.

13 minutes ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

Looks like he's staying and fighting for a starting spot, good decision IMO even they Caglar is starting and is playing very well i feel Benko has a higher ceiling as a player.

If his ceiling is impressive, let’s hope he has the firm foundations as well

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

Looks like he's staying and fighting for a starting spot, good decision IMO even they Caglar is starting and is playing very well i feel Benko has a higher ceiling as a player.

Just genuinely wondering  what makes you think he has a higher ceiling . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, goose2010 said:

If he gets through the 90 Mins ok tonight surely you give him 90 on Wednesday to. 

I think this has been the plan for a while. No point playing him in the prem unless he is 100%.

We'll know more after Wednesday & if OK expect him at least on the bench for Bournemouth.

Edited by boots60

• 2 months later...
Just now, pazzerfox said:

Anybody know the latest with Benkovic?  Last i heard, he was touted as the next big thing and would be challenging for a the starting 11.

Interview from Brendan the other day suggested he'd look for a loan move in January. 

Wasn't sure if Benk needed further higher intensity game time or if he was okay getting games in the u23s and being a squad player for when injuries hit for now.

4 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Interview from Brendan the other day suggested he'd look for a loan move in January. 

Wasn't sure if Benk needed further higher intensity game time or if he was okay getting games in the u23s and being a squad player for when injuries hit for now.

Was it an interview or just Percy's article??

3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Wow that's pretty conclusive. Kind of sad and quite odd. Really hoping he at least gets Tuesday to prove himself. If he gets a loan we'll surely be in for another centreback as well which would be rough for him. 

3 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Wow that's pretty conclusive. Kind of sad and quite odd. Really hoping he at least gets Tuesday to prove himself. If he gets a loan we'll surely be in for another centreback as well which would be rough for him. 

"

For Filip, it’s a very difficult position for him. He’s fighting every day to be fitter and stronger.

"We’ll see where he’s at in January, whether he needs games with more pressure, or whether he stays and is that support player should anything happen.”

This is rather telling. Feel as if he's still building up fitness after his injury and missing pre-season. Probably similar to the Cags situation last season. Wes likely to retire or leave this year, makes sense to get an additional CB especially if we're fighting for Europe. 

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

"

For Filip, it’s a very difficult position for him. He’s fighting every day to be fitter and stronger.

"We’ll see where he’s at in January, whether he needs games with more pressure, or whether he stays and is that support player should anything happen.”

This is rather telling. Feel as if he's still building up fitness after his injury and missing pre-season. Probably similar to the Cags situation last season. Wes likely to retire or leave this year, makes sense to get an additional CB especially if we're fighting for Europe. 

Oh yeah if we get European football I'd absolutely expect another centreback with maybe Amartey as 5th choice. Just think that getting that guy now and integrating him as 3rd choice instead of Benkovic is rough on Benkovic, although it makes sense if we send him on loan. Really want it to work out for him that's all.

• Like 1