Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Benkovic

12 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Oh yeah if we get European football I'd absolutely expect another centreback with maybe Amartey as 5th choice. Just think that getting that guy now and integrating him as 3rd choice instead of Benkovic is rough on Benkovic, although it makes sense if we send him on loan. Really want it to work out for him that's all.

We may well be integrating now, guess it's just what they feel is more important to him. Game time at a higher intensity or being in and around the squad 

Benkovic needs to be hitting on all cylinders.  Not going to do that in the 23s.  Love to see him go where he can get match time/competition. Leeds?

1 hour ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Oh yeah if we get European football I'd absolutely expect another centreback with maybe Amartey as 5th choice. Just think that getting that guy now and integrating him as 3rd choice instead of Benkovic is rough on Benkovic, although it makes sense if we send him on loan. Really want it to work out for him that's all.

Could we get away with 4 CB’s? Rodgers likes a small squad & Soyuncu seems like the type to never get injured, a bit like Van Dijk. 

Integrating a new CB to give them time to gel with the squad + Benkovic out on loan to get gametime is a win win. In theory, both would be ready to hit the ground running next season.

Edited by Shane

Like others have said, integrating him in the squad may be more beneficial than game time. He’s still very young and living in a foreign country, we know of fit he looks a decent player so getting him in and around the squad and training day in day out with the team will be great for him. Similar to last season with Soyuncu, many said a loan would be good but it turns out stating in Leicester with limited game time has helped him no end, they’ve got another 13-15 years of first ye football to play so let’s get him settled and  happy this season. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

Would be up for him to go back on loan to you, but wouldn't be against a prem loan either. 

But I do wonder about that article given this is a quote: 

"But we've got four really good centre-backs here with big experience in Jonny Evans, Harry Maguire, Wes Morgan and Caglar Soyuncu."

• Haha 4

39 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Would be up for him to go back on loan to you, but wouldn't be against a prem loan either. 

But I do wonder about that article given this is a quote: 

"But we've got four really good centre-backs here with big experience in Jonny Evans, Harry Maguire, Wes Morgan and Caglar Soyuncu."

Yeah I think they were referring to his comments earlier in the summer there!  Daily Record is a shambles of a paper tbh though.

Guest Eamonn

What would be the point in sending him back to the SPL? He'd get better quality challenges in the Championship. A loan in the Premiership would be a better option. I hope we see him tomorrow at Burton.  

25 minutes ago, WestLothianFox said:

So is that a swap for Ajer?

Well it solves a problem for us as we want a new CH apparently ......it gives benko a chance to prove his match fitness over half a season ....plus it gives Celtic a temp replacement for Ajer .... we would have to trust that he’s good enough   

24 minutes ago, WestLothianFox said:

So is that a swap for Ajer?

Surely that would be a pointless swap? We take one talented youngster without prem experience whose getting used to the culture and improving fitness, and swap for another talented youngster without prem experience who will also need time to adapt to the system/culture and gel with the squad. 

We're then in the same position as to needing a back up should we get an injury.

• Like 1

On 27/10/2019 at 09:34, Nicolo Barella said:

Having Benkovic as 3rd choice now Is far too risky. Given that hes most likely to come in for an Evans injury I wouldn't be at all comfortable with him partnering Soyuncu. I imagine his excellent form this season will be at least partly down to Evans being next to him and frankly you absolutely need experience at centreback as much as that goes against the FT youth=good mantra surrounding players. I'd absolutely loan him out in Jan if possible and maybe even next season as well if needs be.

11 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Well it solves a problem for us as we want a new CH apparently ......it gives benko a chance to prove his match fitness over half a season ....plus it gives Celtic a temp replacement for Ajer .... we would have to trust that he’s good enough   

I wouldn't be letting Ajer go unless we got a perm deal for Benkovic.  Furthermore, if you guys sign Ajer I don't see how Benkovic ever gets a pathway to getting games in the Leicester side.

12 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Surely that would be a pointless swap? We take one talented youngster without prem experience whose getting used to the culture and improving fitness, and swap for another talented youngster without prem experience who will also need time to adapt to the system/culture and gel with the squad. 

We're then in the same position as to needing a back up should we get an injury.

Benk's an odd one. Fantastic at Celtic. Loved by the fans. Compared to Van Dijk. Loved by Brendan. Then comes back down to Leicester with Brendan and doesn't get the slightest look in, no games, not even to warm the bench. Just a couple of matches in the u23s. Fitness problems can only last so long.

52 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

The goal-scoring form of TIelemans and Madison is really impressive. Both finding the net regularly this season is a very good sign for us over the course of the season!

Benkovic will only add to the goal scoring form, he'll link the play up nicely  ;)

• Haha 1

I am kind of concerned about Evans getting injured. He is so brave and gets stuck in, but the amount of knocks he gets each game concerns me. Sooner or later it will catches up with him. I hope he gets rested soon just to let his little niggling injuries recover first - I assume he does get them given the number of knocks he gets.

• Like 1