Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Benkovic

1 hour ago, Collymore said:

What are your thoughts on where Morgan fits into all of this? Do you think he's a head of Benkovic still? 

My thoughts - No.  

2 hours ago, AshbyBlue said:

Watch him at Celtic last year against Hearts they won 5nil and he scored man of the match.Top player stood out all game very impressed.If he can stay fit i believe he will be a top player.

:appl:

I think there will be plenty of chances for Benkovic to play this season and hope he gets a run of games to show what he can do. he had a very successful loan spell at Celtic and a lot of fans want to see him start. I hope he gets his chance and not because of injuries.

• Like 1

I think the one thing he may offer more than the others is a goal scoring threat at the other end,

He appears to average about 1:10 where as our other CB are around 1:20.

The Celtic fans might be better to judge how much of a threat he was, but it’s be great to have a centre back who could contribute 5 goals plus a season.

• Like 2

The way I see it and this is where my concerns are is;

Evans - Had his injury scares though, I understand any player can get injured at any time, but some seem more prone than others but he is first choice alongside Soyuncu, but he looks like he had a mistake in him every game, hopefully he can be improved.

I've not seen anything of Benkovic but from what I hear I would imagine he'd be ahead of Soyuncu but he had his injury problems and again seems a little prone to injuries.

Morgan, we can't be playing him week in week out, we just can't.

I think my concerns about the CB's are valid, hopefully i'm wrong though.

3 hours ago, Matt said:

The way I see it and this is where my concerns are is;

Evans - Had his injury scares though, I understand any player can get injured at any time, but some seem more prone than others but he is first choice alongside Soyuncu, but he looks like he had a mistake in him every game, hopefully he can be improved.

I've not seen anything of Benkovic but from what I hear I would imagine he'd be ahead of Soyuncu but he had his injury problems and again seems a little prone to injuries.

Morgan, we can't be playing him week in week out, we just can't.

I think my concerns about the CB's are valid, hopefully i'm wrong though.

Shame Sam Hughes hasn't progressed due to long term injuries. 

On 09/08/2019 at 07:38, PaulW said:

Hopefully our fitness regime is more advanced than that at Celtic, with the ability to raise his fitness levels, which should help ward of injuries.

Did he have injuries before we signed him?

If so, perhaps a little risky to loan him to Celtic and their pub league.

I had a nose around on a couple of Celtic forums whilst he was on loan and most were raving about him calling him stuff like colossus and man mountain LOL. One must have been high as a kite as he rated him as the best centre back they have had since Virgil Van Dijk. Whats funny is I had forgotten Van Dijk was even a Celtic player at one stage! BTW, Brendan is to blame....

Ten minutes into his Old Firm debut Filip Benkovic knew he wasn’t right.

The pain in his knee that had surfaced at Pittordrie a week previously had flared up again at Ibrox to give Celtic yet another defensive problem.

The big Croat had tried to block it out in the build-up.

So desperate to feature against Rangers, Benkovic says he’d have started the game with just one leg.

------------------------------------------

Brandan was trying to kill him off and send him back LOL.

I think he was rushed back from the u21s for Croatia and hasnt been allowed to folly recover. Playing in games he shouldnt have and getting subbed 10 mins into the game shows his naivety but its understandable as he is young and wants to impress. Id say he has potential to be good but these reoccurring ankle injuries are worrying because it will stunt his progression. I wouldnt be rushing him back but make sure he is prem ready, however long it takes.

3 minutes ago, Analysethis said:

I had a nose around on a couple of Celtic forums whilst he was on loan and most were raving about him calling him stuff like colossus and man mountain LOL. One must have been high as a kite as he rated him as the best centre back they have had since Virgil Van Dijk. Whats funny is I had forgotten Van Dijk was even a Celtic player at one stage! BTW, Brendan is to blame....

Ten minutes into his Old Firm debut Filip Benkovic knew he wasn’t right.

The pain in his knee that had surfaced at Pittordrie a week previously had flared up again at Ibrox to give Celtic yet another defensive problem.

The big Croat had tried to block it out in the build-up.

So desperate to feature against Rangers, Benkovic says he’d have started the game with just one leg.

------------------------------------------

Brandan was trying to kill him off and send him back LOL.

I think he was rushed back from the u21s for Croatia and hasnt been allowed to folly recover. Playing in games he shouldnt have and getting subbed 10 mins into the game shows his naivety but its understandable as he is young and wants to impress. Id say he has potential to be good but these reoccurring ankle injuries are worrying because it will stunt his progression. I wouldnt be rushing him back but make sure he is prem ready, however long it takes.

I saw more than one rate him as their best CB since VVD.

58 minutes ago, Beechey said:

I saw more than one rate him as their best CB since VVD.

Im not denying he was good for them but you just have to look at the quality of strikers he would face and also the amount of times Celtic will be under pressure from the opposition. Still, he did well by all accounts and kind of learned some English. Apparently he is going around the training ground calling everyone bampot and bawbag.

• Haha 1

Soy and Benk are a good team. Benk based on his performances and reviews at Celtic seems the better player now. But if he's injury prone Soy will need to fill in regularly. Bren's worked with and been impressed by Benk already so I expect the start of the season will be used to work Soyuncu into the team.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Some deluded Celtic Fans saying they should bring him back 'home' rather than him 'rotting' in our reserves.  These same twats did not mention that he is returning from injury so getting game time, plus he is part of a squad they plays for a Team in the best league in the World as opposed to the Northern Section of the National League.  

17 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Some deluded Celtic Fans saying they should bring him back 'home' rather than him 'rotting' in our reserves.  These same twats did not mention that he is returning from injury so getting game time, plus he is part of a squad they plays for a Team in the best league in the World as opposed to the Northern Section of the National League.  

They couldn't afford him anyway. The best they'd get is a loan and that ain't happening seeing as when fit he'll be fighting for a place in the team. I'm not sure though if it's too soon this season for Soyuncu and Benko to play together so if Evans was injured I'd be tempted to play wes. I think they'd both benefit from playing alongside an experienced player like Evans or Wes

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

They couldn't afford him anyway. The best they'd get is a loan and that ain't happening seeing as when fit he'll be fighting for a place in the team. I'm not sure though if it's too soon this season for Soyuncu and Benko to play together so if Evans was injured I'd be tempted to play wes. I think they'd both benefit from playing alongside an experienced player like Evans or Wes

Wouldn’t necessarily disagree with that pragmatic approache but I suspect brendan would love to see them play together once benko is fit. (Cags and Ben)

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, 49er said:

He's not in Croatia's squad for the forthcoming two matches in September, but he is on standby

Coming back from injury and not match fit.