Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Always Next Year

Has Chris Sutton Got Anything Good To Say About Our Manager

8 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

I've said it before: Rangers going bust was the worst thing that's ever happened to Celtic.

I also wonder it was an opportunity missed for Rangers too. Had they started from the English pyramid at that point, rather than again in Scotland,  who knows where they might have been today :dunno:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Our reserves would beat Cluj....

Having watched Steaua v Cluj in Bucharest last year, I can confirm this. Some of the players were so bad. Best player on the pitch was a 37 centre mid. Kind of says a lot

20 minutes ago, TK95 said:

I also wonder it was an opportunity missed for Rangers too. Had they started from the English pyramid at that point, rather than again in Scotland,  who knows where they might have been today :dunno:

They’d probably been severely punished by FIFA and currently banned from any competitive football 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Vlad the Fox said:

Not really bothered with what he says as I can agree or disagree with it. What really annoys me with him on 606 and football daily when I tend to hear him most is that he is so argumentative with his fellow presenters, always looking to nit pick on anything they say, even pointless stuff like where someone ate, that it stops the flow of the show or the point or story someone is trying to tell and you’re left just thinking shut the **** up and let them speak.

Yeah 606 used to be a great show but it’s firmly gone down the Talksport route. That doesn’t stop with Sutton either. Jason Mohammed is a particularly argumentative host 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Our reserves would beat Cluj....

Based on Sundays starting 11 our reserve side is:

GK: Ward

LB: Fuchs

RB: justin

CB: Morgan

CB: Benekovic

DM: Mendy

CM: Praet

CM: Silva

RW: Barnes

LW: Albrighton

CF: Ineacho

Let's face it that side would batter Cluj and absolutely romp home in the spl and having watched them tonight I think we could probably field a 3rd side to beat Cluj if they had a bit of time together to Jel.

GK: Jakupovic

LB: The Nigerian guy in the development squad (scraping the barell here I know)

RB: Amartey

CB: Darnell Johnson

CB: pasçanu

CM: King

CM: James

AM: Ghezzal

RW: Gray

LW: Diabate

CF: Slimani

• Haha 2

"Thank you for joining us for the 2019-20 Scottish Football Season.

We look forward to seeing you next July as the SFA's treble treble winners Celtic face the Champions of North Macedonia in the first qualifying round to see who might join Brendan's Rodgers' Leicester City in Pot 3 for the group stages draw"

Edited by urban.spaceman
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Yeah 606 used to be a great show but it’s firmly gone down the Talksport route. That doesn’t stop with Sutton either. Jason Mohammed is a particularly argumentative host 

Fletch used to be great at calming savage and helping the listeners get their views across, Mohammed and savage just round on the listeners when they don’t agree and quite often as a result completely miss the point trying to be made. Used to like wrighty and Kelly as well. It’s a shame they’ve tried to go down the talk sport route as they’d won awards so that should have helped them realise that what they were doing was what the listeners want. Thankfully the listeners don’t quite take the bait like on talk sport. Or maybe the the presenters aren’t as accomplished or composed as in the past. 

• Like 1

My favourite moment was John Hartson on the Debate suggesting that Celtic are not bothered with being knocked out of the Champions League. It’s the ten in a row that really matters. 😄

And to think that some were concerned that we would let English football down in the Champions League 😄😄😄

Edited by Nickfosse

1 hour ago, Corky said:

Cluj are 288th in the UEFA rankings. Sutton moaning about this day coming is rubbish. They've got an inferior manager to the one they had.

Damn straight . They had their chance. Brendan wanted to build something special and the Board and CEO refused to spend.

Out of the Champions League two years in a row. That's 80mil in the trash. Can't wait to hear them blame Rodgers some more. Jerkoffs.

Played Callum McGregor at left back tonight.:plancque:

On 10/08/2019 at 12:21, mozartfox said:

He is possibly the largest Bell-end to ever offend me in relation to my football Club.   He should really stick to what he is good at, which is bigging-up all things Celtic.

Tough game for them today.  Might only beat Motherwell by 4?  Tough old league that.

I loved Sutton as a player but don’t like him as a pundit at all but he most certainly doesn’t big up Celtic constantly. He constantly ripped into us in the Deila years and has been doing so again this summer so much so that a lot of fans don’t like him.

He’s pure pantomime and doesn’t offer any real insight it’s more just being controversial for the sake of it without any real substance.

Edited by henrik_62

4 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Damn straight . They had their chance. Brendan wanted to build something special and the Board and CEO refused to spend.

Out of the Champions League two years in a row. That's 80mil in the trash. Can't wait to hear them blame Rodgers some more. Jerkoffs.

Played Callum McGregor at left back tonight.:plancque:

None of the fans are blaming Rodgers at all for the mess on the park, all the blame and ire is getting directed at the board and the cheap option of a manager they appointed after tonight.