Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bezzanator89

Demarai Gray

I was hoping he'd go tottenham, would be interesting to see how he did there.

Is there the slightest chance the "turned down a new contract" is bullshit to fool someone into paying a fee rather than waiting til summer to snap up an "unwanted" player on a free?

2 hours ago, Bob Farley said:

Leicester winger Demarai Gray, 24, whose contract expires at the end of the season, is wanted on a free transfer by Roma and Benfica. (Sun)

Wishful Agent talk. There’s no way he’s going Roma or Benfica.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, MPH said:

Wishful Agent talk. There’s no way he’s going Roma or Benfica.

File it in the Agent bin along with this once said about Hamza

The news has alerted a number of clubs to Choudhury's possible availability with the likes of Chelsea, Manchester United, Real Madrid and Barcelona all thought to be monitoring the midfield dynamo's situation.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, KingsX said:

I’ve already forgotten most of the selfish shots and misplaced passes.  But I will never forget that goal.  It was an inspiring moment at a desperately sad time, and I love him for scoring it.  Even if I’m the only soul on here that does.

His work against Everton for Puel was tidy too.

44 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Ahh yes lets get rid of him for free when theres a good chance we’ll get a fee for him, good idea mate.

If there is no club willing to pay a fee for him, there is logic in the suggestion - I am guessing but if he is contracted until 30 June and he is paid £50k a week, that is £1.3 million that could be better spent.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oxford blue said:

If there is no club willing to pay a fee for him, there is logic in the suggestion - I am guessing but if he is contracted until 30 June and he is paid £50k a week, that is £1.3 million that could be better spent.

He may not want a transfer in January as he will get a better deal for himself if he leaves on a free in the Summer.

6 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

He may not want a transfer in January as he will get a better deal for himself if he leaves on a free in the Summer.

I am not sure I follow this - if he left on a free now, why would he get a better deal if he left 6 months later? Of course, if no club is willing to match his current wages, he may not want to leave (but that is a different point)..

• Like 1

I really can't see us getting millions for him, especially if he's going to a top club in no danger of relegation. Why wouldn't they just wait 6 months and get him for free? 

Best I can see is a few 100k loan fee till the end of the season. 

7 minutes ago, oxford blue said:

I am not sure I follow this - if he left on a free now, why would he get a better deal if he left 6 months later? Of course, if no club is willing to match his current wages, he may not want to leave (but that is a different point)..

I'm not sure that he will leave on a free in January as Leicester can & probably will ask a fee for him. When players run their contract out agents try to get a higher wage as the new club has saved the purchase price.

22 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

Does he have a choice? If we receive an offer during the January window can't we accept it? Over the years there've been stories from ex-players saying they didn't want to leave a club but had been sold regardless - isn't this the same scenario?

4 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

Does he have a choice? If we receive an offer during the January window can't we accept it? Over the years there've been stories from ex-players saying they didn't want to leave a club but had been sold regardless - isn't this the same scenario?

The deal falls through if the player cannot come to terms with the new club.

1 hour ago, South Shire Fox said:

Ahh yes lets get rid of him for free when theres a good chance we’ll get a fee for him, good idea mate.

Good chance of a fee - that’s debatable. I’m sure word will have got around about his attitude, and his occasional flash in the pans are hardly going attract many suitors. He’s barely improved in, what, 5 years?

Also it can’t be healthy to have him around the place when he’s not playing. For him personally it might do him good to be without a club anyway - sometimes you need to hit rock bottom before you can look up again. 

21 hours ago, ronnup said:

Does anyone really care what he does after Leicester? Not in a mean way...of course...

I will follow his career for a couple of reasons. 

1. He was part of the title winning squad of 15/16 and I will always have a fondness in my heart for every single person in that squad that played in enough games to get a medal up to and including Gokan Inler and Nathan Dyer. 

2. Out of sheer interest, despite the piss taking on here I think its clear to anyone who knows football that there is an awful lot of potential in there. He is technically decent and very quick. It's just for what ever reason he never felt close to realising his potential here.

It wouldn't be a surprise for me if he kicked on and ended up in at a top club I'm England squads but then again it wouldn't be a surprise if he ended up back in the championship. 

20 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

The deal falls through if the player cannot come to terms with the new club.

I wonder how they got other deals through when players didn't want to go? Perhaps the players just accepted the inevitability of the sale and agreed terms.

22 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

I wonder how they got other deals through when players didn't want to go? Perhaps the players just accepted the inevitability of the sale and agreed terms.

I'm guessing you are right. It would also depend on how long is left on your contract.

1 hour ago, gurru991 said:

I'm not sure that he will leave on a free in January as Leicester can & probably will ask a fee for him. When players run their contract out agents try to get a higher wage as the new club has saved the purchase price.

Really? Bloody hell!