Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bezzanator89

Demarai Gray

I think we can all agree that the club has outgrown him.  We think he would suit a lower prem team, which is the type of club he joined. 

We have bigger aspirations these days. It happens.  

Good luck to the lad wherever he ends up. 

Unassuming lad but with a bit of a persecution complex and advisers who are probably harming him as opposed to helping.

Genuinely hope it works out for him, but suspect he might end up looking back at his career and questioning some of the advice he chose to take.

We all only get one life though, and no one can tell you how to live it, so I suppose its a bit irrelevant what we think.

• Like 2

Maybe Rodgers trying to do what he did with Mendy. Let him run out his contract and then re-sign and maybe just maybe it might work...

I've a soft spot for the lad, so I'm a little biased and at 24 yo it's not too late for him to fulfill his potential.

Edited by BlackFox
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Hopefully he gets a chance to rebuild his career at a lower Prem team, as he clearly has the talent. We've given him ample chances under some of the best managers at developing talent, and seen no drastic change, sadly. 

Flashes of brilliance few and far between. 

7 minutes ago, BlackFox said:

Maybe Rodgers trying to do what he did with Mendy. Let him run out his contract and then re-sign and maybe just maybe it might work...

I've a soft spot for the lad, so I'm a little biased and at 24 yo it's not too late for him to fulfill his potential.

Probably got his agent calling round some of the biggest clubs you can think of to find out what signing on fee can be secured, as we speculate on it.

ps 'probably' (!!!!)

I wish the lad well for the future but it’s clear he’s stalled here and needs to move on to carve out the rest of his career. Still relatively young so time to do so. He probably needs to swallow a bit of pride and accept that he’s not on the same level as his pals Chilwell, Maddison, etc, drop back to a Championship club, and work his way back up again. That way he can get playing some competitive football, find his level and reach whatever potential he has.

11 hours ago, baldeagle said:

Not particularly just had a few first hand experiences, , one being held hostage in my car by a bloke with a shotgun when I was 17 and being sat next to him whilst he went on to eat s bullet . 

Bloody nora, that must have been awful to go through.

2017 + 18 was make or break time for him but he never came close to fulfilling his potential. Having 3 wingers brought in since Mahrez left speaks volumes.

A disappointment overall but didn't spend a fortune on him. Hopefully it goes well for him in his next club.

I think back to this goal and, when I heard we were signing him, I was excited about his potential:

It’s a shame he hasn’t made it here for one reason or another. Young, British, and with potential when he arrived. Also low risk for us at the time with a modest fee.  He still has talent but it’s clear his future lies elsewhere. I wish him all the best

Edited by car1os
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, baldeagle said:

Why does everyone have to be struggling with mental health these days . Don’t get me wrong mental health is a serious serious issue but people throw it around or even expect everyone to be struggling with it . 

Sadly it`s flavour of the month, that`s not to knock anyone who is having problems, I have dealt with some myself but some people need to get things in prospective, somehow, somewhere we have lost the art of "Grit your teeth and get on with it"..........and before I receive spade loads of abuse about stiff upper lips etc, I reiterate I really do Know to what I am referring. Sometimes you have to look the world in the face and say............No, I`m not having that, ...... and deal with it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Gordon the Great said:

Sadly it`s flavour of the month, that`s not to knock anyone who is having problems, I have dealt with some myself but some people need to get things in prospective, somehow, somewhere we have lost the art of "Grit your teeth and get on with it"..........and before I receive spade loads of abuse about stiff upper lips etc, I reiterate I really do Know to what I am referring. Sometimes you have to look the world in the face and say............No, I`m not having that, ...... and deal with it.

My point exactly used to easily as a cop out  when things get a little tough or expected everyone has issues . 

58 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

My point exactly used to easily as a cop out  when things get a little tough or expected everyone has issues . 

...there are a lot of people out there, who take the same view as you are alluding to and continue to try and make sense of their life unable to admit. That there is an underlying problem, that requires trained help, is a stigma, they are not ready to carry!!!

People go through life with various problems and difficulties and some problems are too deep seated for the individual to overcome on their own or with the help of family.

ADHD is a general mental behavioural problem which affects the young as well as adults. You could have the condition from childhood and learn coping mechanism to disguise the severity of the disconnect you feel around you. It may never be picked up, unless you are tested for the condition. Bi-polar is somewhat a bi-product of ADHD and as we all know this is quite prevalent within society and controlled by medication as mental health issues usually are.

To a large degree society has changed and we over indulge our children and ourselves, feeding the need to have the things that we could not afford in our childhood and as such makes us selfish and entitled. It is hard to achieve that balance of a societies accepted work ethic, alongside a growing covert debilitating illness.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

I wish the lad well for the future but it’s clear he’s stalled here and needs to move on to carve out the rest of his career. Still relatively young so time to do so. He probably needs to swallow a bit of pride and accept that he’s not on the same level as his pals Chilwell, Maddison, etc, drop back to a Championship club, and work his way back up again. That way he can get playing some competitive football, find his level and reach whatever potential he has.

Schlupp didnt have to,and is carving out a decent career...

4 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...there are a lot of people out there, who take the same view as you are alluding to and continue to try and make sense of their life unable to admit. That there is an underlying problem, that requires trained help, is a stigma, they are not ready to carry!!!

People go through life with various problems and difficulties and some problems are too deep seated for the individual to overcome on their own or with the help of family.

ADHD is a general mental behavioural problem which affects the young as well as adults. You could have the condition from childhood and learn coping mechanism to disguise the severity of the disconnect you feel around you. It may never be picked up, unless you are tested for the condition. Bi-polar is somewhat a bi-product of ADHD and as we all know this is quite prevalent within society and controlled by medication as mental health issues usually are.

To a large degree society has changed and we over indulge our children and ourselves, feeding the need to have the things that we could not afford in our childhood and as such makes us selfish and entitled. It is hard to achieve that balance of a societies accepted work ethic, alongside a growing covert debilitating illness.

Very well said.

17 hours ago, BlackFox said:

Maybe just maybe gray is one of those inconsistant types.

Gray just hasn't done it & I suspect is never going to. Its obvious that he plans to leave & I don't see a Mendy turn around happening.  I had high expectations when he arrived but his decision making process is not likely to improve.