Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bezzanator89

Demarai Gray

22 hours ago, Babylon said:

There is a player in there somewhere

Reminds of the kid who got a ton of horse shit for Xmas. Spent all day digging and muttering, "There's got to be a fvcking horse in here somewhere..."

Sometimes shit is just what it seems to be.

22 hours ago, Babylon said:

There is a player in there somewhere

Sure, a championship one. 

And let's put that in to perspective, it still makes him one of the best football players anywhere in the seven odd billion human population. 

We often lose sight of that. People act like its a monumental insult to suggest someone isn't good enough for the Premier League. He isn't and won't ever be but I mean, fair play. 

• Like 3

People tend to worry that players like Gray will go elsewhere and suddenly realise the potential that we suspect they might have had. To be honest it gets to the point when it doesn’t matter anymore.

Gray has been given ample opportunity to hold down a role in our first team. He’s been looked at and rejected by several different managers. He’s rarely been good enough and there are few highlights. 

He needs to go. It doesn’t matter where and it doesn’t matter if he then starts playing like Messi. It just hasn’t worked out for us and looks like it never will. It might work out somewhere else but my betting is, unless he drops down a few levels, it won’t 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Sure, a championship one. 

And let's put that in to perspective, it still makes him one of the best football players anywhere in the seven odd billion human population. 

We often lose sight of that. People act like its a monumental insult to suggest someone isn't good enough for the Premier League. He isn't and won't ever be but I mean, fair play. 

He will be a Premier League player either now or in the medium term. Needs to move to get his incentive back. Probably jaded at Leicester. He needs to let the disappointment go and start again. Much like Liam Moore has.

1 minute ago, moseeds said:

He will be a Premier League player either now or in the medium term. Needs to move to get his incentive back. Probably jaded at Leicester. He needs to let the disappointment go and start again. Much like Liam Moore has.

That’s because  Liam Moore is in the Championship which is about his standard 

2 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

People tend to worry that players like Gray will go elsewhere and suddenly realise the potential that we suspect they might have had. To be honest it gets to the point when it doesn’t matter anymore.

Gray has been given ample opportunity to hold down a role in our first team. He’s been looked at and rejected by several different managers. He’s rarely been good enough and there are few highlights. 

He needs to go. It doesn’t matter where and it doesn’t matter if he then starts playing like Messi. It just hasn’t worked out for us and looks like it never will. It might work out somewhere else but my betting is, unless he drops down a few levels, it won’t 

..it is not the level he plays at, it's the way he sees the game!!!

Whether it is the Premiership or League one, he will still see the game the same way.

He needs to change the way he views the game.

I strongly expect he’ll be given a Premier League contract that edges into the low eight figures.

He’s still young.  His pace and dribbling ability are difficult talents to find.  He’s English and the price of that particular “talent” will rise with the post-Brexit regs.

He has refused both to re-sign with us, and to drop a level for us to move him.  That tells me his agent has already had some productive conversations with other PL clubs.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Buce said:

Reminds of the kid who got a ton of horse shit for Xmas. Spent all day digging and muttering, "There's got to be a fvcking horse in here somewhere..."

Sometimes shit is just what it seems to be.

He’s not shit. His performances against Championship teams have been excellent at times. Enough for me to know he’s probably too good for that league. The question is whether he’s good enough for a premier league team, or whether he’ll fall into that Knockart category of too good for one league but not good enough for the one above.

He could easily get plenty of game time at a team in the lower reaches of prem IMO. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, moseeds said:

Liam Moore will be playing in the Premier League again within 2 seasons

Pretty sure that was said  when he left us . I have nothing  against him but to me he’s similar to Nugent and Knocky . Too good for the Championship but just not quite good enough for the Prem 

He came from a Championship club, and I can only see him going back to a Championship club. Unless he drastically improves his final product and decision making, that will always be his level. 

He will never be forgotten for his goal against Cardiff City, the first game after Vichai's tragic helicopter accident, and I thank him wholeheartedly for that,

41 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Understandable at the time as we were waiting for his potential to develop, unfortunately it hasn't. Coupled with the fact that our standard is continually increasing, the chasm is just growing wider. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, GeorgeTheFox said:

Deleted everything off his Instagram 

He's a grumpy teenager. Needs to grow the fvck up.

The first time he comes back here the chants of "Leicester reject" are going to be deafening, personally I can't wait.

Edited by Sol thewall Bamba