Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
That_Dude

Ayoze Pérez

Used to stick up for him, but I can't be arsed now. 

Get your head over the ball and get it on target. The amount of times he loses it and then throws himself to the floor is something else.

He might be good for a goal against Sheffield United or against 10 men, but that's about it.

Perez, Maddison , Praet , when we lose its got be be one of them's fault and we should have played the other. All season we have been getting that. In truth we regularly get outgunned in midfield. Soumaré should help but we lack an experienced man there. Buy a 30 y.o. ,somebody who can lead our kids and tough it out when we need to.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hammo said:

I think that horrible miss is symbolic of Perez’s whole time as a Leicester player. It’s probably what he will always be remembered for.

It was a classic ‘hero or zero’ moment. And, unsurprisingly, he messed it up.

I get this, and I’m very much in the Perez is crap camp. But it was from the edge of the box at the end of the game. However, the least you would expect of a professional footballer is to get it on target. Make the keeper work. I’d be disappointed at my casual game if I skyed it from a similar position in a full size or smaller goal - and I’m overweight, unfit and have bad knees. 

Personally I don't think he's a donkey. He's been a decent squad player and link up man. He has ability. Unfortunately for where we are right now and certainly if we are going to stay up there or progress we need a bit more.

It's as much of a shame for him as for us that he didn't put away a gilt edge chance - regardless of his future with us he could have been remembered for silencing Stamford Bridge and getting us a step closer to CL. You get the feeling he's going to end up as just another player we had. The £30m price tag doesn't help him. If he'd come on a free or less than £10m he'd probably get more slack.

His positional play is good, but what use is that when he's (relatively speaking) poor at holding onto the ball, poor at passing, poor at decision making and releasing the ball at the right time, poor at shooting and not physically strong enough? A hugely frustrating and, in my opinion, ineffective player. I'm hard pushed to see a reason we can't improve on him.

• Like 3

Even if you could magically boost an attribute of his he still wouldn’t be good enough. Imagine how frustrating an absolutely rapid Ayoze Perez would be? 

He missed two sitters against Palace (or West Brom?) and Newcastle from a combined distance of about 5 yards. 

All of our fullbacks have got more goal contributions this season. If Tom Hopper had as many minutes as Perez had, even he’d have scored 2 playing in this team. 

10 hours ago, Charl91 said:

I actually think Ghezzal could have been much better for us than Perez :ph34r:

Genuinely think he was no worse. I also don't think Perez would've put up the numbers Ghezzal has in Turkey this season. I've seen nothing to suggest he's capable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pkonline said:

Agree with some of the sentiments, but if you look on Twitter, the amount of abuse direct towards him by fans is really sad and disappointing. He's not good enough and an upgrade is a priority in the summer, however some of the vitriol isn't pleasant or helpful.

Unfortunately, i have nothing positive to say about Perez as i have genuinely never rated him as an effective player in any facet of play (pass? dribble? shoot? score? tackle? defend?)........but if you look at the Twitter history of those hurling abuse & vitriol at him, you'll probably find its the same fans who until recently were hurling abuse at Iheanacho..... before he started scoring goals for us!!   

there are some very fickle so-called Leicester fans out there these days....its almost as if we inherited a lot of disaffected & moaning Man.Utd fans as soon as we won the PL title.

• Like 1

Nobody want's players to fail at their team, and I really wanted Perez to do well.  However, in my opinion he just doesn't contribute enough to the team!  There comes a time where you just have to admit that its not working and move on.. now is the time!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ourla said:

Personally I don't think he's a donkey. He's been a decent squad player and link up man. He has ability. Unfortunately for where we are right now and certainly if we are going to stay up there or progress we need a bit more.

It's as much of a shame for him as for us that he didn't put away a gilt edge chance - regardless of his future with us he could have been remembered for silencing Stamford Bridge and getting us a step closer to CL. You get the feeling he's going to end up as just another player we had. The £30m price tag doesn't help him. If he'd come on a free or less than £10m he'd probably get more slack.

Spot on imo

A players price tag DOES create an image of how a player should perform, there’s no getting away from it

It’s clear re ability v price, we paid over the odds for Perez. I think he’s actually become worse under Rodgers than he was whilst at Newcastle.

I’ve tried to support him but last night for me was the last straw. Any player with a bit of composure just slots away that chance and we draw the game.

Personally I’d be looking to offload both Perez and Maddison in the summer. They are too similar, too inconsistent and I’d rather see players who can give more to the team when the going gets tough

• Like 1

Honestly, he's no better than Gray and Ghezzal, and both were shipped out by Rodgers. I'm not sure what he sees in Perez. I used to like him for his decent link up play but I can't be arsed with him anymore. 

If the appearance clause is true I'd like to know why we agreed to it lol not just because it is Perez, but in general, why would any club do that for any player unless the player is Messi or Mbappe or someone of that calibre.

2 hours ago, pkonline said:

Agree with some of the sentiments, but if you look on Twitter, the amount of abuse direct towards him by fans is really sad and disappointing. He's not good enough and an upgrade is a priority in the summer, however some of the vitriol isn't pleasant or helpful.

How many modern day 'problems' exist solely on this awful platform? You could say the most inoffensive thing on there and still get 10 people arguing with you. Not worth reading into. 

7 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

At least he only signed a 4 year contract as usually when there is two years left its look to sell time.

Yep. Sell sell sell. 

We need some genuine quality in the AM position. Can’t have the game being completely bypassed through that part of the pitch like we’ve seen in recent weeks.

Wouldn’t even mind replacing him with a top end Championship player who will fancy it and has more to prove. Shame West Ham seem to have hoovered up most in that profile in recent seasons.

4 hours ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Our fabled recruitment is great (and we are reminded every single game by pundits and commentators), but we do sometimes throw £20-30m on an absolute donkey:

Musa

Slimani

Silva

(probably missed some)

Perez is now in that category. I can tell you the games where Musa and Slimani had impact / good games. For Perez I can’t identify a good game (the freak 9-0 doesn’t count).

I have never felt so passionately that one of our own is shite. I even used to defend players like Jason Jarrett, Elvis Hammond and all those other clowns of that era. I have always been one to support. I’ve never booed one of our own players. But I cannot bring myself to see anything positive or defend Perez. Even the one thing he does well - run around (LOL) and ‘put a shift in’ is negated by the fact he gets pushed off the ball so easily.

I would rather play a young lad from the youth set up than Perez.

Perez is in a special category of his own - donkies we somehow continue to put in the starting line up. Once the three players you mention were 'found out' they hardly got a look in. "****ed-off pirate" attitude aside, I'd have Slimani over Perez all day long. Even with Musa/Ghezzal/Under there'd be the vestiges of 'unlikely, but they might pull something off. There's only one thing Perez is pulling off and it's attached to a £25m liability

The final (I lie, there have been many) ****-off moment for me last night was straight after Rudiger did that drag back on the wing. Perez got to the ball first and tried to be clever and shield it from Rudiger, with an outcome obvious to everyone apart from the guy how doesn't know his own weaknesses. I was just left thinking 'is there one ****ing thing you can do well?'

• Like 4

We’ve been fabled for having made some great signings over recent years

Let’s have it right though, we’ve also made some bloody awful ones too

Slimani at 30 mill being possibly the biggest joke of them all 

Am I right we are STILL paying the big fookin donkey a ridiculous weekly wage??

Edited by Col city fan

32 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

Perez is in a special category of his own - donkies we somehow continue to put in the starting line up. Once the three players you mention were 'found out' they hardly got a look in. "****ed-off pirate" attitude aside, I'd have Slimani over Perez all day long. Even with Musa/Ghezzal/Under there'd be the vestiges of 'unlikely, but they might pull something off. There's only one thing Perez is pulling off and it's attached to a £25m liability

The final (I lie, there have been many) ****-off moment for me last night was straight after Rudiger did that drag back on the wing. Perez got to the ball first and tried to be clever and shield it from Rudiger, with an outcome obvious to everyone apart from the guy how doesn't know his own weaknesses. I was just left thinking 'is there one ****ing thing you can do well?'

Should now say, according to @Bert in the Praet thread, that 'somehow' is a contractual obligation to play him for a number of games

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, Stadt said:

Even if you could magically boost an attribute of his he still wouldn’t be good enough. Imagine how frustrating an absolutely rapid Ayoze Perez would be? 

He missed two sitters against Palace (or West Brom?) and Newcastle from a combined distance of about 5 yards. 

All of our fullbacks have got more goal contributions this season. If Tom Hopper had as many minutes as Perez had, even he’d have scored 2 playing in this team. 

Perez may have made a block which led to an FA cup winning goal, but it is absolutely indisputable that Tom Hopper has contributed more to this club's recent success...

• Like 1