Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
That_Dude

Ayoze Pérez

30 minutes ago, lee7 said:

Maddison and him were both poor tonight but i struggle to see what Perez offers other than work rate and creating space for others. When he is in possession of the ball i feel like he offers us very little yet continuously makes the side.

I think Rodgers likes playing him since he is another "goal scorer" as he always says....however that miss tonight will hopefully change the way he thinks about that.

He’s just not good enough, there are players that perform poorly but show something of a spark, he’s not in that Kelechi, Choudhury and even Gray while he was here group of players that while often they are or were poor they at least show they have something at some point to at least make you think they could eventually come good because there was something in their overall game to suggest that. Perez has just never had that, might have scored a few against poor opposition but we need so much more from anyone playing any of the positions he has played. 

Instead I can’t help but feel he belongs more in the Amartey and Ghezzal group, players who it’s been obvious since day 1 they’re just not quite good enough and there’s little to no hope they’ll ever improve. 

Edited by Yes
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Yes said:

He’s just not good enough, there are players that perform poorly but show something of a spark, he’s not in that Kelechi, Choudhury and even Gray while he was here group of players that while often they are or were poor they at least show they have something at some point to at least make you think they could eventually come good because there was something in their overall game to suggest that. Perez has just never had that, might have scored a few against poor opposition but we need so much more from anyone playing any of the positions he has played. 

Instead I can’t help but feel he belongs more in the Amartey and Ghezzal group, players who it’s been obvious since day 1 they’re just not quite good enough and there’s little to no hope they’ll ever improve. 

I actually think Ghezzal could have been much better for us than Perez :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just saw the highlights again and oh man Perez's miss looks even worse now. The ball was as perfect as it can be  with no bobble, nice and smooth not too fast even.

Even Vardy as limp as he's been in front of goal would have nailed that. so wish it fell the Kels instead he would have buried it. Goalie out of site no defenders man that

was a dead cert for a finish. Nail that and its a point a piece. He is not going to sleep tonite knowing how huge a moment it was. 

Just don't understand why he swiped at it the way he did? Inside foot, low on the ground and its in. Sure easy for me to say but I'm not a professional footballer.

Perez won't get an easier chance and I bet he buries that in practice. Even Kasper will tell him. Ah what the heck!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cruzFOX said:

Just saw the highlights again and oh man Perez's miss looks even worse now. The ball was as perfect as it can be  with no bobble, nice and smooth not too fast even.

Even Vardy as limp as he's been in front of goal would have nailed that. so wish it fell the Kels instead he would have buried it. Goalie out of site no defenders man that

was a dead cert for a finish. Nail that and its a point a piece. He is not going to sleep tonite knowing how huge a moment it was. 

Just don't understand why he swiped at it the way he did? Inside foot, low on the ground and its in. Sure easy for me to say but I'm not a professional footballer.

Perez won't get an easier chance and I bet he buries that in practice. Even Kasper will tell him. Ah what the heck!

It’s an absolute sitter for any decent player tbh. You could forgive him if he hits it well and low and hard and Mendy pulls off a worldie but you can forgive that. Perfectly set up for hun on his favourite foot and no bobble CANT result in missing by that much. Amateur finish.

I still can't believe we paid 30 million for him, I know it was pre covid times but we would be lucky to get 10 million if we sold him on.   He's a player that makes the ball bobble and then loses control.  He over dribbles and doesn't make the simple pass, perhaps he is Gray without the speed!  Praet gets picked for the Belgian national team, he must be shaking his head in disbelief that Perez gets the nod before him.

6 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

I've always called him the Performing Seal (although the performing bit is dubious), he always tries to flick, curl, add swerve, spin, take extra touches, never, ever gets a basic bread and butter solid contact on the ball. Even if he doesn't abandon all the other stuff completely just sometimes get one solid clean touch on the ball, move it on with purpose,  reminds me of a dog with a tennis ball like a random input output machine, send the ball in his direction and it's pot luck which direction it'll come out. After the party (yes I know he wasn't alone on that), the youtube video re his money / assets and now this I just don't want to see him next season, he isn't on the wavelength of the others, whatever it is he's trying to do he's in a minority of one person who understands it.

I think that horrible miss is symbolic of Perez’s whole time as a Leicester player. It’s probably what he will always be remembered for.

It was a classic ‘hero or zero’ moment. And, unsurprisingly, he messed it up.

• Like 2

Agree with some of the sentiments, but if you look on Twitter, the amount of abuse direct towards him by fans is really sad and disappointing. He's not good enough and an upgrade is a priority in the summer, however some of the vitriol isn't pleasant or helpful.

19 minutes ago, pkonline said:

Agree with some of the sentiments, but if you look on Twitter, the amount of abuse direct towards him by fans is really sad and disappointing. He's not good enough and an upgrade is a priority in the summer, however some of the vitriol isn't pleasant or helpful.

People are idiots, best not to read too much into it.

He had a gilt edged chance to massively swing the odds of Champions League in our favour.

Just get it on target and the league table looks great.

Unfortunately there was no chance he was going to score. That’s why he needs to go. Not good enough.

Just seems a bit of a passenger.

I can understand the miss last night has angered everyone, but 2 goals and 1 assist in the PL all season (even though he doesn’t play every week) isn’t good enough.

An area we definitely need to strengthen next season to reach the next level. 

3 hours ago, Koke said:

I bet Perez can't quite believe his luck. He doesn't belong anywhere a top 6 team but here he is.

This is what is concerning about Rodger's otherwise successful management of the team. He persists with players who work hard but are no longer at the same level as the majority of the team.

Perez is not even aware of what that cost. His response is so often a mild grimace when he fluffs a shot or loses the ball. He's happy to be part of the squad, yet isn't committed to pursuing the progression. 

I'd want players who understand that their performance is critical to achievement. I guess he slept ok last night - he's a journeyman footballer and that's ok for clubs who have no real intention of elevating themselves.

He shadowed and chased back - that about sums him up. But Rodgers thinks that's worthwhile. 

Tuchel threw in the big guns and Rodgers showed no strategy in response. Our job was to weather the onslaught and then hit back - at 0 - 0. Instead, when we did begin to dominate, we were hopelessly behind. Take Maddison off and leave Perez on. Let Perez stay on and keep Praet on the bench.

City need to find someone who will question his decisions.

• Like 2

Guest bennytwohats
1 hour ago, pkonline said:

This is exactly how I feel. I wish more people were able to see that there is a middle ground between thinking a player is great, and calling them deadweight, a fraud etc.

We need to improve in his position, and his ability isn’t matching our ambitions, but whilst he’s a Leicester player I’ll continue to support him and will him to do well when he’s playing.