Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
That_Dude

Ayoze Pérez

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

what are you on about, he was class above the championship when we had him. Then he ended up going Blackburn and ended up with a very good ratio despite them being awful under Steve Kean

At the risk of bringing up an oldschool Foxestalk meme.

 

He only scored goals. Literally **** all else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AKCJ said:

At the risk of bringing up an oldschool Foxestalk meme.

 

He only scored goals. Literally **** all else.

Hardly think that constitutes being shit. Roman Bednar was shit. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Let's face it, no one on here can really make an opinion of any player too quickly after Jamie Vardy.

Vardy's clearly a one off. If we had to give every player 2 seasons despite how shit they were we'd really hate Luis Hernandez, Adrien Silva and Gokhan Inler.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's got until the end of October for me. We know he *can* perform in the PL - the bigger question is whether he can find a place in our side, and do for us what he was able to do for Newcastle in the second half of 2018-19.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

We don’t need to be quite so open in this one. Pressure is all on Utd, not us. They will have to come at us and we can hit them on the break. Fans are getting restless. Team are not gelling. OGS looks out of his depth. Media are prowling around them. This our time folks, this is our fuching time. 

A repeat of that 5-3 under Pearson would be nice! :-D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, UPinCarolina said:

He's got until the end of October for me. We know he *can* perform in the PL - the bigger question is whether he can find a place in our side, and do for us what he was able to do for Newcastle in the second half of 2018-19.

Why create your own ultimatum....If he clicks or becomes a favorite After October!!!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, AKCJ said:

2nd half away at Chelsea was the best we've played.

 

Maddison cutting in from the left. We just need a proper winger instead of Perez on the right.

 

If we play the same team as Bournemouth we'll lose against Man United.

We'll ignore all the other times that formation has been as dry as fook... oh and we only drew, with Hamza coming off after 25 minutes. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Babylon said:

We'll ignore all the other times that formation has been as dry as fook... oh and we only drew, with Hamza coming off after 25 minutes. 

It's been dry as **** when we've used it against shit teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Stadt said:

Vardy's clearly a one off. If we had to give every player 2 seasons despite how shit they were we'd really hate Luis Hernandez, Adrien Silva and Gokhan Inler.

Agreed. But i can honestly say the last thing I do is get on anyone's back unless I can actually see a lack of effort or its Carl Cort. 

 

There seems to have always just been a strange scapegoat thing going on with our fans for as long as I've supported us. I could name each one through each era but i won't. Richie Wellens never did too well though did he?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

Agreed. But i can honestly say the last thing I do is get on anyone's back unless I can actually see a lack of effort or its Carl Cort. 

 

There seems to have always just been a strange scapegoat thing going on with our fans for as long as I've supported us. I could name each one through each era but i won't. Richie Wellens never did too well though did he?

 

6 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

Agreed. But i can honestly say the last thing I do is get on anyone's back unless I can actually see a lack of effort or its Carl Cort. 

 

There seems to have always just been a strange scapegoat thing going on with our fans for as long as I've supported us. I could name each one through each era but i won't. Richie Wellens never did too well though did he?

Alan Woollett was terrible and responsible for everything that was wrong at that time lol

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are we that bothered?

 

He's going to be revved up and wanting to prove a point on saturday.

 

Leicester > England.

 

Of our 5 england players i'd put chilwell 4th in terms of quality over the last 6 months or so, and he has the most caps. Weird.

 

Southgate's love of mount and anyone that comes through chelsea is weird.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Are we that bothered?

 

He's going to be revved up and wanting to prove a point on saturday.

 

Leicester > England.

 

Of our 5 england players i'd put chilwell 4th in terms of quality over the last 6 months or so, and he has the most caps. Weird.

 

Southgate's love of mount and anyone that comes through chelsea is weird.

Weird AND pathetic - although Mount is a good player. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/09/2019 at 01:41, Gamble92 said:

Let's face it, no one on here can really make an opinion of any player too quickly after Jamie Vardy.

There is a very big difference between a player stepping up five divisions, or whatever it was, and an established Premier League player changing club.

 

Even with that in mind, Vardy's transformation has been nothing short of miraculous.  I think that he either sold his soul at a crossroads or he has a picture of himself in the attic that is slowly changing into Ade Akinbiyi.

 

To use a miracle as a benchmark would be foolish.

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perez isn't going to improve on what he is. He's improved the squad but shouldn't be starting games. A better option off the bench than Oka.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/09/2019 at 02:41, Gamble92 said:

Let's face it, no one on here can really make an opinion of any player too quickly after Jamie Vardy.

Been saying this since.......Well errm... Jamie Vardy.!!!

We shout out about Learning from mistakes.....Then conveniently forget, our  "Great Escape". That title,and all the mongrels/travellers that gave us our dreams.

Then..Ben.Chilwell,Evans,Ricardo, of late, Soyu..!! In Maddisons First season there were the yelpers!!!

My own pet phrase sticks for many/majority on foxestalk,  They cant Spot or Pick a player,and Jump on individual players far too early.

Look I aint much better, though any Player behind the foxes badge,gets at least a season or more...Its not the game Performance critic,or even the

simple Critic over a few games.gut the demeaning of any of our players future PL-competence,or team selection without looking at the bigger picture,

That all Football players and Team managers,need time,to tweek ,and adapt even re-create themselves as individuals,or for the teams developement..

Its a continual flow,its how Football is....Time and patience,are important to recognise,and respect ,relaxing there will be failures,

while analysing players/managers competetent levels...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

Been saying this since.......Well errm... Jamie Vardy.!!!

We shout out about Learning from mistakes.....Then conveniently forget, our  "Great Escape". That title,and all the mongrels/travellers that gave us our dreams.

Then..Ben.Chilwell,Evans,Ricardo, of late, Soyu..!! In Maddisons First season there were the yelpers!!!

My own pet phrase sticks for many/majority on foxestalk,  They cant Spot or Pick a player,and Jump on individual players far too early.

Look I aint much better, though any Player behind the foxes badge,gets at least a season or more...Its not the game Performance critic,or even the

simple Critic over a few games.gut the demeaning of any of our players future PL-competence,or team selection without looking at the bigger picture,

That all Football players and Team managers,need time,to tweek ,and adapt even re-create themselves as individuals,or for the teams developement..

Its a continual flow,its how Football is....Time and patience,are important to recognise,and respect ,relaxing there will be failures,

while analysing players/managers competetent levels...

 

That's because there hasn't been any others and JV was stepping up several divisions.

 

Experience shows us that you can judge a player after a dozen games max as to whether they'll make it or not, imo.  After that it is blind hope over experience.  I give you Inler, Hernandez, Silva, Nacho, Musa,  All started badly and stayed bad.  This idea of 'give them time' is a fallacy.  The poor souls still waiting for Nacho to come good after two years will have a very long wait.

 

The only exception to this is players coming through the ranks and making a huge step up in class such as Chillwell, Choudhury and Barnes or players coming through from lower divisions for the same reason.

 

You can look at the players that made it - Kante, Shinji, Tielemans, Maguire, Cambiasso, Fuchs, Huth, Evans, Ricardo, N'didi ... They started well and only needed a handful of games to adapt at most in the case of Ricardo for example.  

 

Even the average players started average and stayed average - Iborra, Mendy.

 

Back ot, in the case of Perez, he has only had four games.  I expect him to be OK to average.  I expect to see a very similar level of performance from him as we saw at Newcastle.  Whether you think that is good enough or worth £30m is up for debate.

 

 

 

 

Edited by murphy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, murphy said:

 

That's because there hasn't been any others and JV was stepping up several divisions.

 

Experience shows us that you can judge a player after a dozen games max as to whether they'll make it or not, imo.  After that it is blind hope over experience.  I give you Inler, Hernandez, Silva, Nacho, Musa,  All started badly and stayed bad.  This idea of 'give them time' is a fallacy.  The poor souls still waiting for Nacho to come good after two years will have a very long wait.

 

The only exception to this is players coming through the ranks and making a huge step up in class such as Chillwell, Choudhury and Barnes or players coming through from lower divisions for the same reason.

 

You can look at the players that made it - Kante, Shinji, Tielemans, Maguire, Cambiasso, Fuchs, Huth, Evans, Ricardo, N'didi ... They started well and only needed a handful of games to adapt at most in the case of Ricardo for example.  

 

Even the average players started average and stayed average - Iborra, Mendy.

 

Back ot, in the case of Perez, he has only had four games.  I expect him to be OK to average.  I expect to see a very similar level of performance from him as we saw at Newcastle.  Whether you think that is good enough or worth £30m is up for debate.

 

 

 

 

Ricardo,Fuchs..Evans,Shinji,& Maguire had Posters from their own individual  start,questioning their performances and future Performance values & competence

Every Single Player has gone through the thresher....including Kante!!!

Ricardo was hammered by some regulars  for 3 months..!!

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, murphy said:

 

That's because there hasn't been any others and JV was stepping up several divisions.

 

Experience shows us that you can judge a player after a dozen games max as to whether they'll make it or not, imo.  After that it is blind hope over experience.  I give you Inler, Hernandez, Silva, Nacho, Musa,  All started badly and stayed bad.  This idea of 'give them time' is a fallacy.  The poor souls still waiting for Nacho to come good after two years will have a very long wait.

 

The only exception to this is players coming through the ranks and making a huge step up in class such as Chillwell, Choudhury and Barnes or players coming through from lower divisions for the same reason.

 

You can look at the players that made it - Kante, Shinji, Tielemans, Maguire, Cambiasso, Fuchs, Huth, Evans, Ricardo, N'didi ... They started well and only needed a handful of games to adapt at most in the case of Ricardo for example.  

 

Even the average players started average and stayed average - Iborra, Mendy.

 

Back ot, in the case of Perez, he has only had four games.  I expect him to be OK to average.  I expect to see a very similar level of performance from him as we saw at Newcastle.  Whether you think that is good enough or worth £30m is up for debate.

 

 

 

 

No debate necessary... 

He's never worth 30m.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, weller54 said:

No debate necessary... 

He's never worth 30m.

I totally agree..but he has nothing to do with the transcended poor Transfer business..!!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

He's played three games. Three games.

He's played 182 Premier League games.  Informed opinions are quite legitimate.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Ricardo,Fuchs..Evans,Shinji,& Maguire had Posters from their own individual  start,questioning their performances and future Performance values & competence

Every Single Player has gone through the thresher....including Kante!!!

Ricardo was hammered by some regulars  for 3 months..!!

 

Absolute nonsense.

 

Even for you!   

 

The Edward Lear master of nonsense.  :P  

 

 

Edited by murphy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, murphy said:

He's played 182 Premier League games.  Informed opinions are quite legitimate.

 

 

Not for this club, this squad, this team, this manager.

 

I get bored of people slating new signings within their first month here. It happened with Evans and Ricardo last season.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...