Sign in to follow this  
That_Dude

Ayoze Pérez

I actual like him, when he plays we look better balance to me, I think people forget these guys are human beings.

Some will hit the ground running Huth, others well take time to bed in! Vardy, Albrighton to think of a few.

Attacking players seem to be are expected to hit the ground running, while defender are given more time.

Give the boy a chance.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I actual like him, when he plays we look better balance to me, I think people forget these guys are human beings.

Some will hit the ground running Huth, others well take time to bed in! Vardy, Albrighton to think of a few.

Attacking players seem to be are expected to hit the ground running, while defender are given more time.

Give the boy a chance.

I am surprised and excited by this signing. Straight out of left field and closed quickly. Still think this was a coup by the club. More like him please.

• Like 1

If Rodgers is going to persist with Maddison on the left, I wouldn’t mind us shuffling it around a bit and playing a front 4 a bit like this: 

Vardy 

Maddison.   Perez.   Barnes 

I know Barnes is supposed to be a left winger, but I think he looks dangerous from the right, less predictable than cutting inside every time.

I could see Perez performing in the Okazaki role, we need him closer to Vardy linking the play, like he did in pre season very well.

Maddison on the left I don’t really like but if Rodgers is going to persist with it, I’d at least like him to try this with Tielemans and Ndidi behind. 

Can fans please give new players time to bed into a team?

• Like 2

With the lack of genuine width (Barnes aside) I don't understand why Rodgers doesn't at least try pairing Perez with Vardy up top and playing a diamond in midfield which would get more out of Maddison as opposed to sticking him out on the left wing.

Could have Ndidi at the base of the diamond, Maddison at the top and Praet and Tielemans in between.

Edited by henrik_62
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Buendia is certainly a very good player, I love his tenacity and vision. Maddison has so much hype about him and although i'm probably over critical at times i'm not sure his output in the PL so far this season and last warrants such adulation. I think he's very good and when he and Tielemans play together in our most suited system then they are liquid gold but so far this season Buendia looks the boyo.

Maddison just doesn't score as many as he should. I think he's good enough to get better at that but he's scored three goals from open play for us, none in nine months.

• Like 1

On 15/09/2019 at 19:00, Ric Flair said:

Still is yet to play for us in the 4-1-4-1 with Barnes on the left and him on the right. Let's see if in a team that plays to our strengths he can offer anything. That system we press and defend from the front and look for turning it over quickly, something he excels at. 

I am still not writing him off but it could be that whilst we try to find a system that Rodgers wants to play to get the best out of a few under performing players that we'll suffer as a consequence. 

Does Newcastle in the cup count? :ph34r:

• Sad 1

On 10/09/2019 at 07:38, ARM1968 said:

I’d take it. But we’re going to win 1-2

Oh well, maybe next season! 

Doesn't look up for it, doesn't look good enough at the moment and hard to see what he offers. Can he play with Vardy? Ealry days though but he needs to settle quickly now and prove his worth.

5 hours ago, henrik_62 said:

With the lack of genuine width (Barnes aside) I don't understand why Rodgers doesn't at least try pairing Perez with Vardy up top and playing a diamond in midfield which would get more out of Maddison as opposed to sticking him out on the left wing.

Could have Ndidi at the base of the diamond, Maddison at the top and Praet and Tielemans in between.

This is essentially what we played vs Sheffield Utd at times and although Perez won the ball for Vardy's goal which was set up beautifully from Maddison we were still largely limited.

There's something lacking in our fluidity if Youri and Maddison aren't centrally with wingers and attacking full backs stretching play for them to constantly have options. We seem to press better as a team in this system too and Vardy is involved infinitely more in this system, not to mention the sheer amount of goals he's scored when we play 4-1-4-1.

In the 6 games we've played either 2 DCM's or the diamond he has scored once. In the 9 other games he has 11 goals. This is a player who's record against the top 6, which is perceived to be the reason we are playing 2 DCM's is in the last 4 seasons PHENOMENAL as well. I just don't get Rodgers game plan currently.

• Like 1

Just now, Paninistickers said:

Agree he should be given a chance by fans.

Doesn't disguise that he was - again-  worse then useless  today

Thought he played fine. He for sure wasn’t useless. 

6 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

OK. I accept useless is too much.

But he's way behind gray, Barnes and Albrighton IMO

How the **** does that work?

• Like 1

He had moments of class with dribbling etc 

But still has work to do, a few times he's been on his heels in terms of making a run and picking passes

I thought he was ok. A few loose touches and passes but he held the ball up well and played a part in a few good moves. Thought he was more effective overall than Barnes.

I thought he had a solid game. Just needs a goal. Thought he showed some nice touches today and did a good job of pinning Rose back in his own half which gave Ricardo a bit more space.

Just won against the Champions League finalists and people feel the need to find someone to criticise. Took all 14 who played to win that game today and Perez was one of them. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1