Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
That_Dude

Ayoze Pérez

5 hours ago, henrik_62 said:

With the lack of genuine width (Barnes aside) I don't understand why Rodgers doesn't at least try pairing Perez with Vardy up top and playing a diamond in midfield which would get more out of Maddison as opposed to sticking him out on the left wing.

Could have Ndidi at the base of the diamond, Maddison at the top and Praet and Tielemans in between.

This is essentially what we played vs Sheffield Utd at times and although Perez won the ball for Vardy's goal which was set up beautifully from Maddison we were still largely limited.

There's something lacking in our fluidity if Youri and Maddison aren't centrally with wingers and attacking full backs stretching play for them to constantly have options. We seem to press better as a team in this system too and Vardy is involved infinitely more in this system, not to mention the sheer amount of goals he's scored when we play 4-1-4-1.

In the 6 games we've played either 2 DCM's or the diamond he has scored once. In the 9 other games he has 11 goals. This is a player who's record against the top 6, which is perceived to be the reason we are playing 2 DCM's is in the last 4 seasons PHENOMENAL as well. I just don't get Rodgers game plan currently.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

I thought he had a solid game. Just needs a goal. Thought he showed some nice touches today and did a good job of pinning Rose back in his own half which gave Ricardo a bit more space.

We all see it different.

I thought Ricardo was totally overwhelmed first half as Rose just robbed or coasted past Perez as if he didn't exist

1 minute ago, Paninistickers said:

We all see it different.

I thought Ricardo was totally overwhelmed first half as Rose just robbed or coasted past Perez as if he didn't exist

Fair play. As you say, everyone sees it differently. I was far more worried about our left hand side in the first half. Good job Aurier can't cross for shit because he kept getting down that side quite easily.

I really think the price tag is messing with some people's perception of him. He was pretty good today other than giving the ball away in dodgy situations a couple of times.

One thing I like about him over the other wingers is he offers an out-ball if we can't play out. He wins his fair share of headers which can be useful for getting up the pitch quickly if we're under a lot of pressure. 

He wasn't terrible but he wasn't great either. For me he is the weakest link when he gets in the starting 11. Gives the ball away needlessly in promising situations and often too light weight but we are only 6 matches in so hopefully given a run of games he'll improve. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Said it all along but he needs to be more central and closer to Vardy.

I've been saying it all along too. When he gets up front he looks so much more dangerous.

Today there were some nice touches, but several dodgy ones too.

We need proper wingers out there and not use Perez and Maddison like we have been in recent matches.

• Like 2