Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
That_Dude

Ayoze Pérez

Give the bloke a chance.

For me, the reason he hasn't played well yet is our set up. With Perez, Maddison, Tieleman's in the midfield they've all looked lost at times, and without that natural winger to stretch the opposition, those midfielders don't have the pockets to work in. 

Maybe he'd work best up front with Vardy, in a 3-5-2 line up, if we're going to play him in the same team as Maddison & Tielemans.

• Like 1

Sure there used to be a period of time for a player to settle in. Didn't a once great manager also say as much.

When you are moving to a new team it takes time to fit into systems, style of play and even become comfortable in the area/stadium.

He will come good in time I reckon. 

On 11/09/2019 at 19:19, murphy said:

He's played 182 Premier League games.  Informed opinions are quite legitimate.

And they would be accepted if they weren't from Foxestalk muppets who've watched him in 3 of those 182.

If Brendan Rodgers thinks he's worth 30m and a place in his team, then pardon me if i have faith in him over this BLAME WELLENS mob.

8 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

And they would be accepted if they weren't from Foxestalk muppets who've watched him in 3 of those 182.

If Brendan Rodgers thinks he's worth 30m and a place in his team, then pardon me if i have faith in him over this BLAME WELLENS mob.

Why does it have to be so confrontational?

This muppet feels quite entitled to have an opinion about a player that is very well known in the PL and whether or not I think it's good business for us to sign him for £30m or whether we should have been aiming much higher.

Not every signing is a success.  Not every Rodgers/Congerton signing works out.

You disagree?  Fine, but I do resent the fact that if you raise your head above the parapet to voice concerns you are automatically tarred as part of some kind of nay-saying hate mob.  I don't particularly enjoy being on this side of the argument and you don't know the first thing about me so please spare me the lazy assumptions.

As it happens I was 'Puel in', I was positive about the signing of some of our high profile failures like Nacho and Silva for example, I have rallied against the abuse that Wes gets on here and Ghezzal, preached patience in Chilwell's first year but it is witlessly assumed by the hard of thinking that one opinion puts you into one camp.  Things are not so black and white.

I call it as I see it.  Largely I have been very positive about recent signings - Youri, Justin, Maddison, Evans, Ricardo.  Those I think are mistakes or overspends I have called too - Ghezzal, Perez.  What is wrong with that on a forum in which our opinions are kinda the whole point? 

Edited by murphy
  • Like 4

I think to be fair to him we have not been at our best in the games we have started utilising the midfield Diamond set up. he was probably a little unfortunate not to have featured when we changed the system against Bournemouth. We may well have seen more from him in that system. That said as per we looked a much better balanced and purposeful side with Albrighton on the pitch and Grey also did OK when he came on so it will be interesting to see if, and where, he plays next.

I still believe he is a good addition to the squad, even if not a guaranteed starter.  He may well prove to be invaluable as a main striker if Vardy gets injured, or if we go to two up front.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shane said:

I would start Perez at RW against United. Good game for him to gain some confidence up against Ashley Young..

I think with Man Utd’s depleted squad, they’re very likely to sit back and absorb our pressure for long periods. I don’t think this would suit Perez as he seems the type to press a team who want to play with the ball. I don’t think he’ll start, for tactical reasons not his ability. He’ll be useful this season and will be a good option when we want some energy pressing teams, or if Vardy is out. I’d give it time, he hasn’t had a great start but that matches the games where we weren’t great overall. 

*Disclaimer - I could be completely wrong.

Edited by Leeds Fox

Does anyone know where he fits in currently?!? 

Matt Le Tissier apparently mentioned it yesterday also.

I can only think we’ve purchased him 12 months in advance of someone else leaving. Similar to Soyunco and Benkovic.   

2 hours ago, Sly said:

Does anyone know where he fits in currently?!? 

Matt Le Tissier apparently mentioned it yesterday also.

I can only think we’ve purchased him 12 months in advance of someone else leaving. Similar to Soyunco and Benkovic.   

The manager doesn't seem to know.

Get Perez close to Vardy.

Kasper 

Evans Soyuncu Fuchs 

Ricardo                                           Chilwell

N'didi            Tielimans 

Maddison 

Vardy          Perez

• Like 3

Still is yet to play for us in the 4-1-4-1 with Barnes on the left and him on the right. Let's see if in a team that plays to our strengths he can offer anything. That system we press and defend from the front and look for turning it over quickly, something he excels at. 

I am still not writing him off but it could be that whilst we try to find a system that Rodgers wants to play to get the best out of a few under performing players that we'll suffer as a consequence. 

• Like 3