Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
That_Dude

Ayoze Pérez

12 hours ago, Sampson said:

No one is saying he's shit,  but we absolutely should be questioning his place in the side.

Why do people keep using this stupid defence of him as if people saying he's in poor form and should be dropped is sold kind of equivalent to saying he's shit.

I haven't write him off at all, but he absolutely does not deserve to be starting ahead of Barnes or Albrighton against Bournemouth based on his current form.

Just for argument...did Barnes ,do anything more last night or in fact has Perez been our worst player.

So then  if not , by logic    Albrighton must start......Putting out posts expecting ,immediate changes after only 4 games,on a lad who hasnt been poor,and like other players..Vardy,Tielemans,etc  just not seen  by some fans  to have set the world alight is a reaction in my opinion ,that sits in 'Jumping the gun' category

we also seem to underate und neglegt that Rodgers also needs to see what he has,when putting out his selection,we have to understand he will be making slight tweeks and alterations in that same selection Set up..

He will also have his own ideas,or what he wants as a team and for various individual movements of players..Why not Let it ride for awhile....!!

So some patience,coupled with encouragement mixed with a bit less OTT expectation,might be more appropiate...

I personally cant understand the Instant attacks and immediate pumping out of negatives,on one/more of OUR players at the beginning of the season...

Some Posters,it seems  cant wait for players to fail, (Not you..). Others make up issues because of their own wishes & priorities.

Thats Why I suppose,then another group,put  out posts defending him,or any other player,who are negative flavours of the (first!!!) month.

Me I prefer to relax,sit back and enjoy,instead of asking nonsense questions of a newly formed group of players.....

The Bline...NEW,..the midfield NEW...the DM set up NEW, the front 4-6 Set up..NEW!!!!    

IMPATIENCE it seems is a Leicester-fan trait..!!!!

Edited by fuchsntf

1 hour ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Don't be silly, Iheanacho got a run of like six games towards the end of Puel's first season! Oh wait, he was decent in those games...

Really? As a starter? I honestly don't remember.

Slim never started more than two games in a row.

1 hour ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Does he even have the lispy z in his name or is that just an excruciating punditism

Spanish tends to lisp the z if it comes in the middle of a word, ie 'Ayothe' but not if it's at the end, so 'Perez'.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

Just for argument...did Barnes ,do anything more last night or in fact has Perez been our worst player.

So then  if not , by logic    Albrighton must start......Putting out posts expecting ,immediate changes after only 4 games,on a lad who hasnt been poor,and like other players..Vardy,Tielemans,etc  just not seen  by some fans  to have set the world alight is a reaction in my opinion ,that sits in 'Jumping the gun' category

we also seem to underate und neglegt that Rodgers also needs to see what he has,when putting out his selection,we have to understand he will be making slight tweeks and alterations in that same selection Set up..

He will also have his own ideas,or what he wants as a team and for various individual movements of players..Why not Let it ride for awhile....!!

So some patience,coupled with encouragement mixed with a bit less OTT expectation,might be more appropiate...

I personally cant understand the Instant attacks and immediate pumping out of negatives,on one/more of OUR players at the beginning of the season...

Some Posters,it seems  cant wait for players to fail, (Not you..). Others make up issues because of their own wishes & priorities.

Thats Why I suppose,then another group,put  out posts defending him,or any other player,who are negative flavours of the (first!!!) month.

Me I prefer to relax,sit back and enjoy,instead of asking nonsense questions of a newly formed group of players.....

The Bline...NEW,..the midfield NEW...the DM set up NEW, the front 4-6 Set up..NEW!!!!    

IMPATIENCE it seems is a Leicester-fan trait..!!!!

Much easier to throw shit against a wall than to clean it up........ Cleaning requires more effort, thought and a plan. Not as exciting as throwing shit :surrender:

I only watched the highlights but he seemed to be much more involved yesterday and get into several good positions? 

I have faith he'll come good. Nobody is shining at the moment, although the amount of possession we have makes us hard to beat. 

I just meant in general I think he's looked a bit lost in the team. That Sheff Utd goal (rightly pointed out by @Stadt) is what I want to see from him but that's one incident in four games. I do however have a degree of sympathy with him, as I do Tielemans, and quite frankly any of our attacking players because we don't look at all balanced. The squad is so central player centric it's daft - you've got Maddison, Tielemans, Perez and according to WBA fans too, Barnes, who are all better central.

Gray is probably going to come in by default at some point. It may all click but so far the impression I get from us is that we're keeping the ball a lot but completely failing to stretch the opposition.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Does Tielemans deserve to start on his form? He’s been equally as ineffective.

At the moment the whole system is clunky and not working as we’ve shifted away from what made it work in the first place.

Before sacrificing players, personally I’d rather we get the system right and see how he’s performing in that, because at the moment he’s not the only one looking average for large chunks of games.

I agree with this and yet I don't think we have the personnel to fix it.

4 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I agree with this and yet I don't think we have the personnel to fix it.

We played ok end of last season, the key is the Maddison / Tielemans partnership for me. Get them playing between the lines higher up the pitch, but with “wide” men. Not with Maddison shoved wide and two DM’s.

Go back to that and stick with it until it finds form again. We know it works, so get that back and I think they will then bring Perez, or Barnes or Albrighton into the game. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

We played ok end of last season, the key is the Maddison / Tielemans partnership for me. Get them playing between the lines higher up the pitch, but with “wide” men. Not with Maddison shoved wide and two DM’s.

Go back to that and stick with it until it finds form again. We know it works, so get that back and I think they will then bring Perez, or Barnes or Albrighton into the game. 

We did and I think Gray, while disappointing in terms of his own end product, is the style of player we need to make it work again. Gray for all he frustrates is more likely to provide a balance while Perez just isn't really. To be honest it's why I wanted us in for Sarr - a player who I viewed as a better Gray.

I could be totally wrong and it's too early to say for sure but I'm not hugely encouraged by us yet. It's not rubbish but it's not going to be particularly hard to defend against. Goals are going to be a problem for us - bear in mind this is a league where teams are accustomed to setting up against better sides than us who play a similar kind of style. I feel like we'll become a bit like a weaker version of Man City and people will have already prepared for that kind of threat on a higher level.

Luckily Bournemouth at the weekend don't really defend so I think we'll be OK against them and we'll beat them, but I can see Newcastle coming here and getting something again.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, That_Dude said:

As far as I remember and I might be wrong, none of them got a similar run and were mostly feeding on scraps when it came to game time. I'm still holding out any kind of definitive judgement about Pérez though.

I think Slimani in fairness was unfortunate in that nobody was ever going to replace Vardy. At the time he was a successful number 9 and we tried to convert him into a 10, it clearly wasn't his game. Potential personality issues aside however, I do think at that time he would have been a far better number 9 than Nacho or Pérez. 

Nacho for me had plenty of opportunities but appeared not to be able to play the main striker, behind the main striker, unable to get into goalscoring positions, no real pace, poor first touch and most damningly, very lethargic, with even his national manager questioning his commitment! 

Rodgers never appears to disrespect or speak out against any player and, in pre-season spoke in semi glowing terms about Nacho. How telling then that unless injured, that he hasn't at least been on the bench for our last two games? You can't polish a turd and Rodgers blarney was perhaps only a very light sprinkling of glitter designed to distract us or motivate the wastrel. 

2 hours ago, SO1 said:

Much easier to throw shit against a wall than to clean it up........ Cleaning requires more effort, thought and a plan. Not as exciting as throwing shit :surrender:

Not my favourite analogy.

4 hours ago, Crispin LA said:

Everton spent the £30m on Arsenal's Iwobi, and within 2 games he's been brilliant for them

At Villa last week, he looked like a youngster with both good plays and lots of mistakes in him.  A goal against Lincoln tells you little about his readiness for the PL.  We went for an experienced guy rather than add another kid still getting there.  Rodgers appears to want "high floor" players (Perez, Praet) rather than "high ceiling" projects, to balance the youth in the squad.

Iwobi may turn out to be the better player, but right now he’s not a stick to beat Perez with.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I think Perez will come good for us. Give him time. The team he’s playing in hasn’t lost yet this season and I think he contributes more than people think. I like him and think we’ll soon see a player that fits into this team very well.

Very well said. I completely agree with this, he’s been a little underwhelming to date, but I believe he will become a very important player for us.

8 hours ago, Babylon said:

Does Tielemans deserve to start on his form? He’s been equally as ineffective.

At the moment the whole system is clunky and not working as we’ve shifted away from what made it work in the first place.

Before sacrificing players, personally I’d rather we get the system right and see how he’s performing in that, because at the moment he’s not the only one looking average for large chunks of games.

No Tielemans absolutely does not deserve to start on current form either.

The difference is, we have a couple of very good wingers who can come in for Perez, we dont have another very good playmaker to come in for Tielemans (though I'd certainly not be against Praet coming in for him to see what he could do).

• Like 1

Tbh I always thought he was rubbish at Newcastle. But tbf to him he had a good season stats wise last year. Hard to know whether he's just as rubbish as I always thought or whether the tactical malaise that's affecting the whole team is just affecting him also. What does concern me is a not particularly good first touch, loose passes and poor decision making.

Edited by Toddybad
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, z-layrex said:

Everyone at Newcastle said he was shit when we bought him... Maybe not just sour grapes?

Again, I think he’s one of those players who, because what he does isn’t always ‘obvious’ (eg picking a killer pass etc), a lot gets missed cos we aren’t always watching him (if that makes sense). Watch his movement off the ball.

I love Albrighton, for example, but what he does is clear... gives everything every game and has a great cross. 

With Perez, his contribution is different, But nonetheless as important imo. I think his movement creates space for others, and especially Maddison and Tielemans to give them time to do the ‘special stuff’

Edited by Col city fan