Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
That_Dude

Ayoze Pérez

3 hours ago, Babylon said:

Was he? Now I know he got an assist and a goal which makes up for a lot, but his general play seem some way short of what we came to expect of him last season. 

I agree that he is not at last years level of consistency but I don't believe he should be dropped after his best game so far this season as was being suggested.

7 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Hope not. That's a very negative line up, that we've struggled to make chance with, and Man Utd are there for the taking. Similar line up to Bournemouth please. Don't want to ever see Perez and Maddison playing wide again. And don't want to see Hamza and Choudhury starting together in games we can look to take to the other team.

image.thumb.png.21ecda5dc8f8f769ea7dfb46d84c94f5.png

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Hope not. That's a very negative line up, that we've struggled to make chance with, and Man Utd are there for the taking. Similar line up to Bournemouth please. Don't want to ever see Perez and Maddison playing wide again. And don't want to see Hamza and Choudhury starting together in games we can look to take to the other team.

I think we should take Barnes out for Hamza and play Maddison out wide to be fair.

Similar to Chelsea away but with Albrighton in for Perez.

Edited by AKCJ
  • Sad 1

57 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

He was, lets be real. 

We were dreadful in that era.

42 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Yeah, roughly 1 goal/assist in every 2 PL games. DreadfulScreenshot_20190909-170207.thumb.png.e33846f60b2b8933f2bcc33d631b1c97.png

6 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

what are you on about, he was class above the championship when we had him. Then he ended up going Blackburn and ended up with a very good ratio despite them being awful under Steve Kean

Exactly my point. Football is all about opinions. I thought Yakubu was brilliant for us, he was a pure finisher, was never going to press from the front.

38 minutes ago, Goober said:

I'd be happy enough seeing us go there, sit in and hitting them on the break. We're capable of dominating the ball because their midfield bar Pogba is bang average too though. 

**** knows how Brendan will approach it. 

He's had lots of time to think about and you know he will have a definite plan. Rodgers thrives on these high profile games.

4 hours ago, Finnegan said:

We played our best football this season when we changed FROM that set up. 

2nd half away at Chelsea was the best we've played.

Maddison cutting in from the left. We just need a proper winger instead of Perez on the right.

If we play the same team as Bournemouth we'll lose against Man United.

4 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

what are you on about, he was class above the championship when we had him. Then he ended up going Blackburn and ended up with a very good ratio despite them being awful under Steve Kean

At the risk of bringing up an oldschool Foxestalk meme.

He only scored goals. Literally **** all else.

9 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Let's face it, no one on here can really make an opinion of any player too quickly after Jamie Vardy.

Vardy's clearly a one off. If we had to give every player 2 seasons despite how shit they were we'd really hate Luis Hernandez, Adrien Silva and Gokhan Inler.

17 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

We don’t need to be quite so open in this one. Pressure is all on Utd, not us. They will have to come at us and we can hit them on the break. Fans are getting restless. Team are not gelling. OGS looks out of his depth. Media are prowling around them. This our time folks, this is our fuching time. 

A repeat of that 5-3 under Pearson would be nice! :-D 

1 hour ago, UPinCarolina said:

He's got until the end of October for me. We know he *can* perform in the PL - the bigger question is whether he can find a place in our side, and do for us what he was able to do for Newcastle in the second half of 2018-19.

Why create your own ultimatum....If he clicks or becomes a favorite After October!!!

• Like 3

11 hours ago, AKCJ said:

2nd half away at Chelsea was the best we've played.

Maddison cutting in from the left. We just need a proper winger instead of Perez on the right.

If we play the same team as Bournemouth we'll lose against Man United.

We'll ignore all the other times that formation has been as dry as fook... oh and we only drew, with Hamza coming off after 25 minutes. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Babylon said:

We'll ignore all the other times that formation has been as dry as fook... oh and we only drew, with Hamza coming off after 25 minutes. 

It's been dry as **** when we've used it against shit teams.