Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
That_Dude

Ayoze Pérez

10 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

Albrighton at the weekend for me. We have to set a standard of expectation. And he currently has to be below it, surely?  

He gets Bournemouth for me. After that if there aren't any signs of improvement, perhaps it's time to look at benching him for Barnes.

9 minutes ago, jonny_wright said:

Just saying now on radio leicester, his confidence is completely shot! Not sure how much longer he can keep albrighton out of the team, surely gotta play your best 11

As they spunked up 30m there may be an almost embarrassing obligation to play him in the hope he comes good. Albrighton for me at the weekend, he had a good preseason. Pick on merit not price.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

He gets Bournemouth for me. After that if there aren't any signs of improvement, perhaps it's time to look at benching him for Barnes.

Yeah that would be 5 starts in a row. He doesn't need to score versus Bournemouth, but does need a performance. If not, then I agree other players deserve a shot and he will have to work his way in from the bench.

I feel bad for Marc Albrighton TBH, he was our best player in preseason!

• Like 2

He’s not been great so far and the Newcastle fans (at least the ones I know) were delighted to see the back of him.

I don’t see what he offers compared to others in the squad - particularly in a wide position. 

Hope he comes good food but I just don’t see it, especially if he still plays out wide. 

Just now, ozvaldo said:

He’s not been great so far and the Newcastle fans (at least the ones I know) were delighted to see the back of him.

I don’t see what he offers compared to others in the squad - particularly in a wide position. 

Hope he comes good food but I just don’t see it, especially if he still plays out wide. 

You'll soon be eating those words.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

His goal against Atalanta in pre season was a corker. he just needs one like that and he will be fine. TBF nobody has really been firing on all cylinders so far. That said I think Albrighton should start. Have said it before and stand by it that we always look better with Marc in the side and he was on fire pre season and would think that he is feeling a bit hard done by (not that he would be one to complain as he seems the consummate pro)

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I'd bloody well hope Barnes is already playing on the other side on Saturday. If we go with Maddison out there again then I'll take bodies.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Give people a chance, 5 games people! 

No one is saying he's shit,  but we absolutely should be questioning his place in the side.

Why do people keep using this stupid defence of him as if people saying he's in poor form and should be dropped is sold kind of equivalent to saying he's shit.

I haven't write him off at all, but he absolutely does not deserve to be starting ahead of Barnes or Albrighton against Bournemouth based on his current form.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, urban fox said:

His goal against Atalanta in pre season was a corker. he just needs one like that and he will be fine. TBF nobody has really been firing on all cylinders so far. That said I think Albrighton should start. Have said it before and stand by it that we always look better with Marc in the side and he was on fire pre season and would think that he is feeling a bit hard done by (not that he would be one to complain as he seems the consummate pro)

Albrighton’s been here before. Dropped, until the new manager works out we’re better with him playing. He always fights back into the side.

Just now, Fktf said:

Albrighton’s been here before. Dropped, until the new manager works out we’re better with him playing. He always fights back into the side.

spot on. Many here seem to think he is just workmanlike but when you look at some of his cross-field balls and how he switches play it can really open up teams (watch the ball he played to Mahrez against Porto) not to mention that he is probably one of the best crossers of the ball around and seems to have an instinct for picking out Vardy's runs

Would like to see Albrighton get the start v Bournemouth.  Not because I've lost patience with Perez.  But the two are close in quality in the first place, we know Marc will come on like a hungry tiger, and some degree of rotation will help us avoid tired legs in the second half.

• Like 1

Guest MattP

Should certainly come out of the team now for Barnes or Albrighton, not sure he's even that good anyway. Might just have stood out in a poor Newcastle team.

As ayoze is clearly low on confidence wouldn't it be nice if our fans really got behind him on Saturday. But as normal if he makes a bad pass in the first 5mins the usual groans will start. I can't think of many players who when they struggle we really get behind. It's just "get him out the team" with alot of fans.

• Like 1

My first thoughts when we signed him was he wasn't any better or a big enough of an improvement on what we had. I've seen absolutely nothing to change my original opinion. The jury is still out but I thought we needed to get Tielemans in and a winger/inside forward in who was a level above of all our other options and then let Barnes, Albrighton and Gray fight it out for that last position.  It will be sickening if he turns out to be another poor to average player who doesn't justify the fee. 

• Like 4

Most disappointing for me so far is that I thought he'd be a good fit in a high pressing side. Seen nothing of it really and he looks a bit lost.

I'd play him Saturday but if it's the same then I think we've got to consider a change.

• Like 1