Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
That_Dude

Ayoze Pérez

11 hours ago, z-layrex said:

Everyone at Newcastle said he was shit when we bought him... Maybe not just sour grapes?

Well that’s nonsense. They said he was a purple patch type of player who went through good and bad spells. You don’t knock in an average 8 or 9 goals a season in the prem, playing for a woeful defensive team if you are “shit”.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Again, I think he’s one of those players who, because what he does isn’t always ‘obvious’ (eg picking a killer pass etc), a lot gets missed cos we aren’t always watching him (if that makes sense). Watch his movement off the ball.

I love Albrighton, for example, but what he does is clear... gives everything every game and has a great cross. 

With Perez, his contribution is different, But nonetheless as important imo. I think his movement creates space for others, and especially Maddison and Tielemans to give them time to do the ‘special stuff’

He gets himself in the box far more often than any of our other wide men too. Chelsea away when Vards dragged his shot wide and Sheff U away when he scored just a couple of instances where Ayoze would've been waiting to be slid in for a tap in. Gets himself on the end of moves very often.

He can be wasteful at times but he just needs something to fall his way. 

Edited by Goober

21 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Well that’s nonsense. They said he was a purple patch type of player who went through good and bad spells. You don’t knock in an average 8 or 9 goals a season in the prem, playing for a woeful defensive team if you are “shit”.

Exactly. He just needs a goal, he seems a confidence player so once he fires he will be fine. 

As long as you are able to criticise when it's due but also give praise when it's due, I think that you just have to say it as you see it, not say it as you hope you might see it, sometime in the future.  

I was hoping to be surprised but he has played pretty much as I expected. 

Edited by murphy

• 2 weeks later...

The thing is I don’t think this is an adjusting issue. He is, has always been, a hot and cold player. Some players are just like that, you put up with a few bad games but also get a few excellent games. 

Consostency has has always been a problem for him. But at the moment without him firing we’ve been getting results. We are finally good enough to carry a few underperformers in games... just wait until he’s firing when other players aren’t performing. We are terrifying for teams this year.

A team used to get a result  because they managed to keep Vardy quiet but now we have plenty of other players ready to add a goal. Perez will comfortably get 10 goals this season and I’d be happy with that return 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

It's gonna take a while for him and his team mates to gel. Him and Youri seem to be standing in each other's toes if you look at average positions. Hopefully with more time he learns where Youri and Maddison play and move around and can get into better positions.

It's the same as if one of us started a new job, its gonna take time and practise before you end up working In sync with one another.

2 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

Such a weird signing really isn’t it? Thought he’d be the cup striker for us but seems we’re intent on playing our strongest 11 this season in the cup. 

Think Brendan wants him as part of a fluid  2/3 behind Vardy, able to play 10 or on the wing. 

4 matches played .......Fair weather fans here galore. I guess someone has to be sacrificed at the alter of boredom here tonight.

Whose the next whipping boy?

On 29/08/2019 at 12:57, Sampson said:

No Tielemans absolutely does not deserve to start on current form either.

The difference is, we have a couple of very good wingers who can come in for Perez, we dont have another very good playmaker to come in for Tielemans (though I'd certainly not be against Praet coming in for him to see what he could do).

He was brilliant against Bournemouth & very good against Wolves. He not quite at last seasons level but still very good and absolutely deserves to start

Tielemans had a goal an assist against Bournemouth for cripes' sake.

If we'd benched Marhrez every time he looked "off form" for most of a game, we would have lost a shirtload of goals he created from nothing (usually against the run of play). 

Edited by Deeg67
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, NewquayFox said:

I think Perez will start at Old Trafford in place of Barnes, with Choudhury in place of Albrighton and Perez will get his first goal of the Premier League season. 

I have a strong feeling that Perez will score. Let’s hope so. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Hope not. That's a very negative line up, that we've struggled to make chance with, and Man Utd are there for the taking. Similar line up to Bournemouth please. Don't want to ever see Perez and Maddison playing wide again. And don't want to see Hamza and Choudhury starting together in games we can look to take to the other team.

We don’t need to be quite so open in this one. Pressure is all on Utd, not us. They will have to come at us and we can hit them on the break. Fans are getting restless. Team are not gelling. OGS looks out of his depth. Media are prowling around them. This our time folks, this is our fuching time. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Hope not. That's a very negative line up, that we've struggled to make chance with, and Man Utd are there for the taking. Similar line up to Bournemouth please. Don't want to ever see Perez and Maddison playing wide again. And don't want to see Hamza and Choudhury starting together in games we can look to take to the other team.

I agree with that. Arguably one of the reasons we lost to them last season was because we showed them too much respect. Their defence is definitely breachable but not if we play with the sort of line up and tactics Rodgers employed in his first two games with, both games in which we were lucky not to concede more. Only the second half at Chelsea was reasonable. 

Albeit young, we've arguably got one of the most dynamic and exciting midfields outside of the top two, a midfield that many teams won't fancy playing against including United for all their huffing and puffing. Revert to early season tactics and we will huff and puff, be too narrow, Tielemans will be anonymous because of lack of passing options and Vardy, whilst he'll work hard, will be starved of opportunities. 

• Like 2