Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
That_Dude

Ayoze Pérez

Sad to see so much disappointment and impatience with the manager and players in general. My experience has always told me different.

9 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Yeah that would be 5 starts in a row. He doesn't need to score versus Bournemouth, but does need a performance. If not, then I agree other players deserve a shot and he will have to work his way in from the bench.

I feel bad for Marc Albrighton TBH, he was our best player in preseason!

In fairness, Perez was also very good in preseason, it doesn't always mean a lot

4 hours ago, SO1 said:

Sad to see so much disappointment and impatience with the manager and players in general. My experience has always told me different.

I've got a lot of patience for both, especially the player who has to adapt to a very different system with very different teammates. But, there's no such thing as a free lunch, and perhaps giving a few starts to Albrighton or Barnes in Perez's place will help light a fire under his ass.

Also, I'm not worried about the manager yet, but it is irksome that we've regressed since last season under him.  I'm sure we'll eventually get to playing well again, but until then everyone is bound to be uneasy considering that Puel basically did the same thing; like 12 games of exciting, fast tempo possession football, then a season of trying to figure out how to do that again. 

6 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Most disappointing for me so far is that I thought he'd be a good fit in a high pressing side. Seen nothing of it really and he looks a bit lost.

I'd play him Saturday but if it's the same then I think we've got to consider a change.

He won the ball by reading it well against Sheff United 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Based off the highlights, he seemed to be the only player getting in good positions and creating chances for himself. Keep him in the side, if he is benched he'll go the way of Slim and Nacho.

They, particularly the latter ended up on the bench for good reason, they went the way they went because again, particularly the latter, they showed no positive signs of improvement. If it happens to Perez we would have to accept that it would be mostly down to him as an individual, you can't keep flogging a dead horse to the detriment of the whole team just because of the price tag. However, I think we're a long way from that yet but I also think that if he shows no sign of improvement on Saturday it would be pretty stubborn not to give others like Albrighton a chance to see what he can do (though I suspect we know and he'll hit the ground running).

9 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

They, particularly the latter ended up on the bench for good reason, they went the way they went because again, particularly the latter, they showed no positive signs of improvement. If it happens to Perez we would have to accept that it would be mostly down to him as an individual, you can't keep flogging a dead horse to the detriment of the whole team just because of the price tag. However, I think we're a long way from that yet but I also think that if he shows no sign of improvement on Saturday it would be pretty stubborn not to give others like Albrighton a chance to see what he can do (though I suspect we know and he'll hit the ground running).

As far as I remember and I might be wrong, none of them got a similar run and were mostly feeding on scraps when it came to game time. I'm still holding out any kind of definitive judgement about Pérez though.

Edited by That_Dude

I don't think he's done anything of note that warrants him being dropped. Until then I think he needs to keep starting. One goal or assist could change everything. He is still finding his feet in the team and hasn't quite clicked yet. You can  see him picking up some good positions and he tries to be positive. He also helped create the first goal with good pressing vs Sheffield United. Patience foxes. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

As far as I remember and I might be wrong, none of them got a similar run and were mostly feeding on scraps when it came to game time. I'm still holding out any kind of definitive judgement about Pérez though.

Don't be silly, Iheanacho got a run of like six games towards the end of Puel's first season! Oh wait, he was decent in those games...

Looking at the highlights, he was arguably unfortunate to not score with a couple of blocked goal bound efforts, should have done better with the late chance however.

Certainly not set the world on fire as of yet, but he's a good player and proven at this level. He'll come good. 

23 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

He's not had a good start but stick with him while results are going ok. Just wish we'd spent that kind of money on an actual winger though.

He's not alone though, a few players struggling to get their game going in this set up.

.. makes you wonder what the previous 12 games were all about!! 

Why did he not adopt this current style of play at the beginning, instead of the style we played so successfully. 

Why we are constricting our players, in a formation, which pointedly, does not bring the best out of the team.

I believe we have a team that cannot play in the way Rodgers wants them to. There is a certain type of player who can play in this 4-3-3 format and we may have one or two that can put his plan into action, but that is not enough to make the overall game plan work. 

We can continue to coach the understanding and skill set, but that will take time, and however earnest the players will be, to adapt, their natural tendency is a more expansive game and quite clearly what they originally bought into. 

I think he'll come good in time, but would rather start MA on Saturday and have Perez come on later in the game, perhaps with a bit more freedom and energy to make an impact on the game. Rondon was a big part of his success last season and we've no one of the sort in our side, so he'll be adjusting right now.

23 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Don't be silly, Iheanacho got a run of like six games towards the end of Puel's first season! Oh wait, he was decent in those games...

Slim also had good games and then was completely dropped. Doesn't seem to help.

Would be madness to drop him and knock his confidence.

Lets see how he performs in the 4-3-3/4-1-4-1 formation. If I recall correctly, he looked good playing in this formation during pre-season. However, a key ingredient to that success was Albrighton who was staying wide, pinging balls to Ricardo, trying to involve Vardy via through balls and even making runs into the box (something we haven't really seen from Marc before!). All of this gave Perez a lot more space to work with. 

In my opinion, whoever is playing left wing (Albrighton or Barnes) of the 4-3-3/4-1-4-1, is the key to making Perez and the rest of the team click. Barnes right now is 1st in line for that position after his goal against Sheffield, but we can't underestimate the positive impact Albrighton has on the rest of the side. 

No blame should be directed at Perez, especially when he hasn't had the right tools to work with... The narrow formation hasn't helped him at all.. Get some width down the left and watch Perez ghost into the middle, causing all sorts of problems. 

Keep the faith :scarf:

12 minutes ago, Shane said:

Would be madness to drop him and knock his confidence.

Lets see how he performs in the 4-3-3/4-1-4-1 formation. If I recall correctly, he looked good playing in this formation during pre-season. However, a key ingredient to that success was Albrighton who was staying wide, pinging balls to Ricardo, trying to involve Vardy via through balls and even making runs into the box (something we haven't really seen from Marc before!). All of this gave Perez a lot more space to work with. 

In my opinion, whoever is playing left wing (Albrighton or Barnes) of the 4-3-3/4-1-4-1, is the key to making Perez and the rest of the team click. Barnes right now is 1st in line for that position after his goal against Sheffield, but we can't underestimate the positive impact Albrighton has on the rest of the side. 

No blame should be directed at Perez, especially when he hasn't had the right tools to work with... The narrow formation hasn't helped him at all.. Get some width down the left and watch Perez ghost into the middle, causing all sorts of problems. 

Keep the faith :scarf:

Why madness? He'd have a pretty shocking mentality if his confidence went to pieces after starting 4 games in a row and being pretty poor, so he's justifiably dropped to the bench. Got to be picked on merit and it's not like he's a superstar signing who's dropped down to play for us. Compare it with YT who has also started way below his level but he could have ended up at a bigger team and he's proven he can do the business for us. Perez doesn't have that credit in the bank (of course he'll only get it from playing)

Albrighton comes in, maybe that will give us the width? But I do think it's down to the system at the moment. If the instruction is to play wider as a team it also means that Perez and Barnes in particular have the freedom to drift into those dangerous central positions. It's far too easy to defend against at the moment.

We do need to give him plenty of time but at the moment Albrighton or Barnes deserve to play ahead of him.