Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
That_Dude

Ayoze Pérez

7 hours ago, Sly said:

Does anyone know where he fits in currently?!? 

Matt Le Tissier apparently mentioned it yesterday also.

I can only think we’ve purchased him 12 months in advance of someone else leaving. Similar to Soyunco and Benkovic.   

I actually think he fits in perfectly to what Brendan wants, he just hasn’t had the performances to back this up. Brendan wants a deep midfield line, then a fluid 3 behind Vardy. I think Perez suits this fluid 3 perfectly but just hasn’t played that well. He’s a good player and hopefully he’ll come good. We just need clarity on the way we want to play because at the moment it’s not quite working. Little tweaks need to be made here and there but don’t think we’re far off. Lot for BR to think about!

Brendan was quoted as being an admirer of Leicester and in particular the fact that we had one player who stayed mainly wide (Albrighton) and a wide player who cut in (Mahrez) we have the options.

As good a player as Madison is he's not so good IMO that our entire formation is essentially set up to accommodate his free role.

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I am convinced we look a better side with Perez in it. Once again, look at what he does OFF the ball. He’s a clever player who makes space for others in our side to do damage.

Strange, our best performances have been when he’s not been on the pitch - Chelsea second half and Bournemouth 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Our best formation, team and tactics are what were demonstrated against Bournemouth.............that will give any team in this league home and away a serious run for their money.............PS it dont include perez (or Gray, thank god).

On 15/09/2019 at 16:24, Gerard said:

Perez could be a bit of a Slimani type signing. I think his best position is as a second striker in a 4-4-1-1 like Okazaki. He's also been bought to fail as we don't play a formation that suits him. Just like Slimani who was bought to replace Okazaki when that wasn't his position and he was never replacing Vardy.

Our stock formation last season was 4-1-4-1 and that really got the best out of Ndidi, Tielemans and Maddison. Ndidi looked good in it as he had more defensive responsibility covering Maddison and Tielemans which suited his skill set and it gave licence for Maddison and Tielemans to work in tandem as the attacking midfielders behind Vardy and meant teams couldn't specifically try to nullify Maddison because of the dangers of Tielemans.

Why oh why we didn't stick with that as our stock formation and go and buy a winger/inside forward who was a level above anything we already had here. I was hoping someone like Nicolas Pepe before Arsenal came in for him as Everton were linked but no big clubs had moved for him yet.

We're very bad at buying attacking players and fitting them in I've found. Perez has just looked really lost so far but I can't put it totally on him.

• Like 1

On 15/09/2019 at 19:24, Gerard said:

Perez could be a bit of a Slimani type signing. I think his best position is as a second striker in a 4-4-1-1 like Okazaki. He's also been bought to fail as we don't play a formation that suits him. Just like Slimani who was bought to replace Okazaki when that wasn't his position and he was never replacing Vardy.

Our stock formation last season was 4-1-4-1 and that really got the best out of Ndidi, Tielemans and Maddison. Ndidi looked good in it as he had more defensive responsibility covering Maddison and Tielemans which suited his skill set and it gave licence for Maddison and Tielemans to work in tandem as the attacking midfielders behind Vardy and meant teams couldn't specifically try to nullify Maddison because of the dangers of Tielemans.

Why oh why we didn't stick with that as our stock formation and go and buy a winger/inside forward who was a level above anything we already had here. I was hoping someone like Nicolas Pepe before Arsenal came in for him as Everton were linked but no big clubs had moved for him yet.

Or Sarr, or one of the many other quality wingers available on the market (even Daniel James!). However, instead we moved out two wingers and bought a second striker and many midfielders. It's almost forcing us to play a 4-3-1-2 which will take time to adapt to. 

On 15/09/2019 at 19:05, Ricey said:

I’d start him on Saturday with Maddison besides him as a number 10. When he’s played so far it’s often been in a 4-3-3 and  he’s struggled because there weren’t enough players around him.

He needs to play himself into form.

he's played pretty much all his games with Maddison as part of the attacking 3 it doesn't work, get Maddison and Tielemans together in midfield, Barnes on the left and then we can see what Perez can offer in the system we use

Edited by Jimmy

18 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

We're very bad at buying attacking players and fitting them in I've found. Perez has just looked really lost so far but I can't put it totally on him.

This isn't all that far off the mark.

You could also look it and say that we have developed our best strikers in Heskey and Vardy outside of the Premier League.

Perez hasn't been the star we hoped for yet but its a bit like Barnes. Could get a few goals and the whole thing could take off from there.

1 hour ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Or Sarr, or one of the many other quality wingers available on the market (even Daniel James!). However, instead we moved out two wingers and bought a second striker and many midfielders. It's almost forcing us to play a 4-3-1-2 which will take time to adapt to. 

Daniel James is actually so much better than I realised. He was the one player on Man Utd's side who really caught my eye. Fair play to him.

40 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

This isn't all that far off the mark.

You could also look it and say that we have developed our best strikers in Heskey and Vardy outside of the Premier League.

Perez hasn't been the star we hoped for yet but its a bit like Barnes. Could get a few goals and the whole thing could take off from there.

I said it in another thread but what do we actually do if Vardy gets injured? Iheanacho isn't even making the 18 now. What's the plan B if Vardy does actually need to be subbed? Perez up front? Even Barnes?

On 19/08/2019 at 10:15, Finnegan said:

Different player. 

Perez is probably a more intelligent and technical play maker, Pukki looks more mobile and clinical. 

Not gonna lie, I watched zero of you last year but he struck me as a bit Vardyesque in your Prem games so far. Works his bollocks off in the channels, links up well and gets in behind. Tidy, I like him. 

I've enjoyed watching Norwich. Think your claim that Emi is better than Madders looks like what it was though, a bit of funny banter and mock denial. I doubt you're that deluded. 

Still stick by that assessment comparing Maddison and Buendia .

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Midlands yellow said:

Still stick by that assessment comparing Maddison and Buendia .

Buendia is certainly a very good player, I love his tenacity and vision. Maddison has so much hype about him and although i'm probably over critical at times i'm not sure his output in the PL so far this season and last warrants such adulation. I think he's very good and when he and Tielemans play together in our most suited system then they are liquid gold but so far this season Buendia looks the boyo.

On 17/09/2019 at 15:12, Jimmy said:

he's played pretty much all his games with Maddison as part of the attacking 3 it doesn't work, get Maddison and Tielemans together in midfield, Barnes on the left and then we can see what Perez can offer in the system we use

He's started three league games and two of them were with Maddison out wide and Choudhury and Ndidi playing.

I actual like him, when he plays we look better balance to me, I think people forget these guys are human beings.

Some will hit the ground running Huth, others well take time to bed in! Vardy, Albrighton to think of a few.

Attacking players seem to be are expected to hit the ground running, while defender are given more time.

Give the boy a chance.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I actual like him, when he plays we look better balance to me, I think people forget these guys are human beings.

Some will hit the ground running Huth, others well take time to bed in! Vardy, Albrighton to think of a few.

Attacking players seem to be are expected to hit the ground running, while defender are given more time.

Give the boy a chance.

I am surprised and excited by this signing. Straight out of left field and closed quickly. Still think this was a coup by the club. More like him please.

With the lack of genuine width (Barnes aside) I don't understand why Rodgers doesn't at least try pairing Perez with Vardy up top and playing a diamond in midfield which would get more out of Maddison as opposed to sticking him out on the left wing.

Could have Ndidi at the base of the diamond, Maddison at the top and Praet and Tielemans in between.

Edited by henrik_62
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Buendia is certainly a very good player, I love his tenacity and vision. Maddison has so much hype about him and although i'm probably over critical at times i'm not sure his output in the PL so far this season and last warrants such adulation. I think he's very good and when he and Tielemans play together in our most suited system then they are liquid gold but so far this season Buendia looks the boyo.

Maddison just doesn't score as many as he should. I think he's good enough to get better at that but he's scored three goals from open play for us, none in nine months.

• Like 1

On 15/09/2019 at 19:00, Ric Flair said:

Still is yet to play for us in the 4-1-4-1 with Barnes on the left and him on the right. Let's see if in a team that plays to our strengths he can offer anything. That system we press and defend from the front and look for turning it over quickly, something he excels at. 

I am still not writing him off but it could be that whilst we try to find a system that Rodgers wants to play to get the best out of a few under performing players that we'll suffer as a consequence. 

Does Newcastle in the cup count? :ph34r:

• Sad 1