Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
That_Dude

Ayoze Pérez

1 hour ago, Aus Fox said:

I would recommend going and rewatching the game, the press he put on their back line was outstanding.

He won the ball back in their half time and time again.

Best game for us today and I only see him getting better.

I'll have to have another look then. 

Watching from inside the stadium, I thought he needed to do much, much more. 

Not saying he won't be OK going forward but he was our weak link today and didn't cause spurs enough problems. 

Imo👍

To me he seemed to be handy at receiving long passes yesterday (his first touch seems quite good), and he's good when we're in and around the box because he's got quick feet and good control. He doesn't seem as effective on the counter though - he's not particularly fast, seems to linger on the ball to long and can be a little lightweight.

I'm thinking that he may be better against those "lower table" teams where we run up against a brick wall and need to break them down a bit more. Overall he's not had the most explosive start, but I can see the potential there.

Certainly seemed better with yesterdays formation though.

Edited by Charl91

4 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

Front three of barnes vardy and Perez is our best option atm. Get to January / summer transfer window and then we can reassess but for now it’s best to persist with them.

... seems strange not to have Albrighton in the team as he looked sharp in pre-season! 

Still think he should be one of the first names on team sheet, obviously not being rewarded for taking on Rodgers' remit, very disappointed...! 

Edited by sacreblueits442

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

... seems strange not to have Albrighton in the team as her looked sharp in pre-season! 

Still think he should be one of the first names on team sheet, obviously not being rewarded for taking on Rodgers' remit, very disappointed...! 

Albrighton will keep getting his chance - just needs to take it and make Brendan change his mind, healthy squad competition.

3 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

Albrighton will keep getting his chance - just needs to take it and make Brendan change his mind, healthy squad competition.

He's made every Manager since Pearson change his mind. I'd have him in the Team also for his work rate. But BR is looking for more Goals from his wide men to help Vardy

None of the wide players are prolific scorers except maybe Barnes as he progresses.

As the squad develops further it may be difficult for Mark to find a place in the Team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ARTY_FOX said:

He was very good on the ball, but his work off it needs improving but it will, I'm sure. Look at maddison this season.  Perez on saturday backed out of so many challenges he was clear favourite to win, he's petrified of a physical battle. 

And yet is consistently one of the top tacklers and ball winners in the opposition's half according to previous years stats. I remember when we signed him we were told he will at times look lightweight and not aggressive enough but will win a lot of tackles and overturns from pressing.

He's going to be one of those erratic players which we've seen many over the years for us.

• Like 4

On 23/09/2019 at 08:55, Ric Flair said:

Perez is prolific compared with Albrighton and Gray, he usually gets 8-10 a season from RW and last year he got 13.

But whilst I think that he will be able to perform on the wing in the 4-1-4-1, I think saying he was a right winger at Newcastle is like saying Salah last season was Liverpool's right winger. Technically correct, but does not fully encompass their role, contributions and even overall  position in attack to the team. I actually think he could perform well in the second striker role that Barnes ably took on after Perez got subbed off.

On 23/09/2019 at 09:17, Nicolo Barella said:

But whilst I think that he will be able to perform on the wing in the 4-1-4-1, I think saying he was a right winger at Newcastle is like saying Salah last season was Liverpool's right winger. Technically correct, but does not fully encompass their role, contributions and even overall  position in attack to the team. I actually think he could perform well in the second striker role that Barnes ably took on after Perez got subbed off.

Haha he's a modern forward who doesn't stick to the touch line and only concentrate on crossing but to simply say he is being played out of position is incorrect. For Newcastle he has spent the large majority of his career being selected to play wide right but obviously drifts in with the ball or when the action comes from the left hand side trying to attack crosses (see his winner against us last season). We don't need him to maintain that width constantly down the right, we have one of the best right backs in Ricardo and Perez offering the decoy was used with great effect on Saturday and he did what he does best at pressing and over turning the ball on a number of occasions. People make out like he's come here as the ideal Okazaki replacement and should be played off Vardy but in reality he's never been restricted to that as his favoured role. If he is going to do well here it's in a 4-1-4-1 formation or as you say as the 2nd forward in the diamond where he can drift all over the place.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

And yet is consistently one of the top tacklers and ball winners in the opposition's half according to previous years stats. I remember when we signed him we were told he will at times look lightweight and not aggressive enough but will win a lot of tackles and overturns from pressing.

He's going to be one of those erratic players which we've seen many over the years for us.

Yea it surprised me a little on Saturday how little a fight he put up against rose at times by his ball control in the tight areas was beautiful to watch, I'm quite lucky with where I sit so had a great view of his play first half as it tended to be right in front of me when he was hit by kasper. 

Maybe once he's more confident/comfortable he'll add it back to his game and we'll have a really good player on our hands? 

• Like 1

My worry is that anyone persued can just say it's someoneelse's liability.

Re the sum.  Having had an experience where we calculated the loss of earnings plus addional expences coz someome is no longer there. ...we then had to subtract the future living costs of the deceased! 

I expect they will have to go some to justify more than 1mill

Edited by foxinsocks
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

My worry is that anyone persued can just say it's someoneelse's liability.

Re the sum.  Having had an experience where we calculated the loss of earnings plus addional expences coz someome is no longer there. ...we then had to subtract the future living costs of the deceased! 

I expect they will have to go some to justify more than 1mill

Wrong thread!