Sign in to follow this  
That_Dude

Ayoze Pérez

3 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

I thought he had a solid game. Just needs a goal. Thought he showed some nice touches today and did a good job of pinning Rose back in his own half which gave Ricardo a bit more space.

We all see it different.

I thought Ricardo was totally overwhelmed first half as Rose just robbed or coasted past Perez as if he didn't exist

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, OadbyBlue said:

Honestly I thought he looked lively today especially in the first 30 or so

He wasn’t far off being our best player in the first half.  Certainly offered more than Barnes.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Paninistickers said:

We all see it different.

I thought Ricardo was totally overwhelmed first half as Rose just robbed or coasted past Perez as if he didn't exist

Fair play. As you say, everyone sees it differently. I was far more worried about our left hand side in the first half. Good job Aurier can't cross for shit because he kept getting down that side quite easily.

I really think the price tag is messing with some people's perception of him. He was pretty good today other than giving the ball away in dodgy situations a couple of times.

One thing I like about him over the other wingers is he offers an out-ball if we can't play out. He wins his fair share of headers which can be useful for getting up the pitch quickly if we're under a lot of pressure. 

He wasn't terrible but he wasn't great either. For me he is the weakest link when he gets in the starting 11. Gives the ball away needlessly in promising situations and often too light weight but we are only 6 matches in so hopefully given a run of games he'll improve. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Said it all along but he needs to be more central and closer to Vardy.

I've been saying it all along too. When he gets up front he looks so much more dangerous.

Today there were some nice touches, but several dodgy ones too.

We need proper wingers out there and not use Perez and Maddison like we have been in recent matches.

• Like 2

I thought he was much better than he has been today. 

It's still early days. There is a player in there. Might just need time to settle in. Might be that he doesn't usually start any season well, like at Newcastle.

• Like 1

Not great so far . Seems a bit lost out wide. Either play him closer to Vardy or Albrighton should be playing 

Edited by adam
  • Like 1

Hes a mixed bag of good, bad and ineffective which could describe several of our squad but for 30M id expect alot better. We'll see.

• Like 1

Would have liked to have seen how he'd have been up front with Vardy in the diamond.

I just don't think he's a winger. He's been a goalscorer for Newcastle and I think we're wasting that out wide.

Around the 18 yard box he looks a decent player, showed some nice link up play today.

When he receives the ball about 30-40 yards from goal though he is fvcking shit, gets bullied off the ball far too easily, gives the ball away, then the opposition break on us.

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

Would have liked to have seen how he'd have been up front with Vardy in the diamond.

I just don't think he's a winger. He's been a goalscorer for Newcastle and I think we're wasting that out wide.

It must be very different for him going from playing off a proper target man in Rondon to trying to support a completely differerent type of striker in Vardy. I'm with you in that I don't think he's really a winger, though I wonder if it's worth trying him on the left cutting in as opposed to the right. 

54 minutes ago, kyleolly said:

Thought he played well today especially in the second half looked stronger on the ball today than he had done previously.

Agreed 👍

did fine today - it's par for the course now though that our fans want to moan about a player for one reason or another, even after a win.

• Like 3

Thought he did alright today. Some good link up play at times. I just wish he'd take a gamble at the far post when the ball gets fizzed in. If he can be the fox in the box, it'll only improve us!

I am quietly confident he will do well here. The fans claiming he is being played out of position are basing that on what? Did they ever watch Newcastle at all?

Ricardo was abysmal for us early on and now look at him. Now, not every player will start poorly and then show their true ability once they bed in but plenty struggle early on at new clubs.

He scored most of his goals at Newcastle as a right forward, in a 4-1-4-1 which incidentally was the first league game he played RW in the system, he will get chances to do what he is good at. Pressing, winning the ball and attacking crosses.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TK95 said:

Thought he did alright today. Some good link up play at times. I just wish he'd take a gamble at the far post when the ball gets fizzed in.

Yes, this was the one criticism I had - he should have been on the back post a couple of times today.

Tbf though, it's not just him - we NEVER have anyone at the back post.

I've lost count of the number of times I'm like 'BACKPOST!' and nobody is there, ever. 

• Like 1

Wish people would stop banging on about the fee for the lad. It's not like he set it himself is it. Newcastle fans warned us he's a slow starter, not a bad thing given Vards is on fire at the moment so likely to tail off at some point. Needs a goal, maybe Luton could give him the chance.