Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
That_Dude

Ayoze Pérez

Recommended Posts

51 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

lol, typical FT writing a player off after 2 full games. 

 

'supporters' 

 

clue in the name. maybe give it a few more games before making him the next scapegoat. 

 

That's unfair as for me the signings of Tielemans and Justin this summer I was 100% happy with but I was always dubious about Perez and his performances so far haven't swayed me.

 

I thought we were a top a top class winger/inside forward away from becoming a really good side and Perez so far still has it all to prove that he improves the first XI. He got a very good goal against Atalanta in the friendly but in the three times I've watched him I can't remember him doing much else. I've not made a final judgement on him yet but it's not the greatest of starts. I accept he can probably score a few goals and is good at finding space and recovering the ball but he's not a player to get you up off your seat.

 

The jury is still out and it's premature to give a verdict one way or the other but in my experience if a player has quality then more time than not it stands out very quickly. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lifted*fox said:

lol, typical FT writing a player off after 2 full games. 

 

'supporters' 

 

clue in the name. maybe give it a few more games before making him the next scapegoat. 

lol, typical FT.  People still don't understand that a player can be judged on career to date not two games, hence why I was nonplussed when he signed, ie before he played for us at all, based on what I know of him as a Newcastle player.  Lightweight and consistently gives the ball away, but does score a few when he has been played centrally.  He didn't just drop out of the sky.

 

Will still 'support ' him though, just as I have always supported Leicester players of all abilities but will also reserve the right to have an opinion, thanks.

 

 

 

Edited by murphy
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ive never associated Perez as being top class player. He had a decent season last year but I was always dubious when he was linked to clubs like Man U etc. For me it’s telling he isn’t a full Spain international suggesting he’s not at that level and at his age unlikely to be.

 

I think he’s useful as a back up no10 or striker but for me Albrighton and Barnes should be ahead of him as wingers.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

Ive never associated Perez as being top class player. He had a decent season last year but I was always dubious when he was linked to clubs like Man U etc. For me it’s telling he isn’t a full Spain international suggesting he’s not at that level and at his age unlikely to be.

 

I think he’s useful as a back up no10 or striker but for me Albrighton and Barnes should be ahead of him as wingers.

I largely agree. We essentially bought an Albrighton replacement who can score. I'd stick with him. You can't judge a player on two poor performances in a new team.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, murphy said:

lol, typical FT.  People still don't understand that a player can be judged on career to date not two games, hence why I was nonplussed when he signed, ie before he played for us at all, based on what I know of him as a Newcastle player.  Lightweight and consistently gives the ball away, but does score a few when he has been played centrally.  He didn't just drop out of the sky.

 

Will still 'support ' him though, just as I have always supported Leicester players of all abilities but will also reserve the right to have an opinion, thanks.

 

 

 

Except for the fact the vast majority of his goals last season came from playing on the right. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the exception of Maddison for 45 minutes, literally all of our attacking players have looked crap. We’ve stunted our creative output by being negative with two non ball playing DM’s. We’ve also played the teams that finished 7th and 3rd last season.

 

Can all the idiots actually give the bloke half a season before telling us how shit he is and how they told us all I think the summer.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, dylanlegend said:

Ive never associated Perez as being top class player. He had a decent season last year but I was always dubious when he was linked to clubs like Man U etc. For me it’s telling he isn’t a full Spain international suggesting he’s not at that level and at his age unlikely to be.

 

I think he’s useful as a back up no10 or striker but for me Albrighton and Barnes should be ahead of him as wingers.

To be honest I agree, when I used to see him on the team sheet I was happy as I knew he would t score against us. 

 

Improved a lot last season, but he is no winger I would much rather start Albrighton in that position 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can tell he’s got quality and also a very good work rate. Rodgers is playing him out of position in my opinion, so we’re not seeing the best of him yet. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Except for the fact the vast majority of his goals last season came from playing on the right. 

I thought it was when he was moved in from the right into the centre and,  amongst others, fed off Rondon. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People can make excuses all they want but we see it on here time and time again. A new player is judged negatively based on a couple of games before he's even got his feet under the table and got in sync with his teammates. 

 

He's had two proper starts. He hasn't been outstanding, he hasn't been terrible. It isn't enough time to make a fair assessment. He won't get any better if the stupid half of our fan-base decide he's shit already and don't support him. 

 

People on here love to get their digs in early so they can increase the chances of being able say things like 'I knew he'd be shit, I said it when we signed him'. Some of our best players in the last ten years took at least a season to settle in before they came good. 

 

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but trying to pretend you've somehow analysed and assessed a players full potential after two games in a new team that is still finding its purpose and shape makes you look a bit silly, in all honesty. Still, fingers crossed the lad doesn't get any better so you can enjoy being right about it, eh. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

I thought it was when he was moved in from the right into the centre and,  amongst others, fed off Rondon. 

No. This was gone over when he signed, all the stats showed that his best form at the end of the season was when he went to the right, playing narrow from there. 

 

 

Screenshot 2019-08-19 at 09.42.26.png

Screenshot 2019-08-19 at 09.41.59.png

Edited by Babylon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

He's just so blatantly not a winger.

He's not being asked to play as a "winger". We aren't playing with "wingers". 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, lifted*fox said:

lol, typical FT writing a player off after 2 full games. 

 

'supporters' 

 

clue in the name. maybe give it a few more games before making him the next scapegoat. 

.. no one is writing him off!! 

 Genuine concern with his performance, although clearly being played in a position he is clearly uncomfortable with. 

 I noticed his body language and he appeared like a fish out of water in pre-season, unless he was in the box where he was focused. 

 Genuinely not happy seeing players playing out of position as it benefits no one. I was also surprised when we acquired his signature and so far Brendan is not helping him or us with the formation he is implementing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Midlands yellow said:

Would you swap him for Pukki ? 

Completely different players and positions. 

 

Pukki and Vardy wouldn't work, and he's not going to displace Vardy. He looks great thus far (2 games) and is certainly a better option than Iheanacho, but that's not exactly a ringing endorsement for anyone at the time of writing. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Midlands yellow said:

Would you swap him for Pukki ? 

 

Different player. 

 

Perez is probably a more intelligent and technical play maker, Pukki looks more mobile and clinical. 

 

Not gonna lie, I watched zero of you last year but he struck me as a bit Vardyesque in your Prem games so far. Works his bollocks off in the channels, links up well and gets in behind. Tidy, I like him. 

 

I've enjoyed watching Norwich. Think your claim that Emi is better than Madders looks like what it was though, a bit of funny banter and mock denial. I doubt you're that deluded. 

 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

 

Different player. 

 

Perez is probably a more intelligent and technical play maker, Pukki looks more mobile and clinical. 

 

Not gonna lie, I watched zero of you last year but he struck me as a bit Vardyesque in your Prem games so far. Works his bollocks off in the channels, links up well and gets in behind. Tidy, I like him. 

 

I've enjoyed watching Norwich. Think your claim that Emi is better than Madders looks like what it was though, a bit of funny banter and mock denial. I doubt you're that deluded. 

 

I don't think he's particularly keen on us if he's the same Midlands Yellow as below:- :ph34r:

 

https://forum.pinkun.com/index.php?/topic/129385-leicester-spending-power/ 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As we were told by Newcastle fans, will blow hot and cold. Mahrez was exactly the same, although of course his "hot" was ridiculous! 

 

I think we need to let him settle and I'm sure after he gets his first goal for us, a handful more will quickly follow. 

 

He's obviously an intelligent player with a lot of skill, however does seem to get out muscled quite easily and I'm not sure if out on the right is most suited to him, due to his lack of pace. His first touch is sublime though and I do think he will pop up with a fair few assists this season.

 

I just wonder if, like Maddison, he will do his best work more centrally and in the pockets of space. I think Rodgers may tweak it for Sheffield and we will see him drop to bench but come on later in the no.10 role. Be interesting to see how he does there if so. 

 

Still got high hopes for him. Don't think he will set the world alight, but can definitely see him scoring 8-10 goals a season for us, which would be very useful. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, STUHILL said:

As we were told by Newcastle fans, will blow hot and cold. Mahrez was exactly the same, although of course his "hot" was ridiculous! 

 

I think we need to let him settle and I'm sure after he gets his first goal for us, a handful more will quickly follow. 

 

He's obviously an intelligent player with a lot of skill, however does seem to get out muscled quite easily and I'm not sure if out on the right is most suited to him, due to his lack of pace. His first touch is sublime though and I do think he will pop up with a fair few assists this season.

 

I just wonder if, like Maddison, he will do his best work more centrally and in the pockets of space. I think Rodgers may tweak it for Sheffield and we will see him drop to bench but come on later in the no.10 role. Be interesting to see how he does there if so. 

 

Still got high hopes for him. Don't think he will set the world alight, but can definitely see him scoring 8-10 goals a season for us, which would be very useful. 

If literally anyone else had been performing around him then people are free to judge. But it's as clear as day that other than Maddison's 45 minutes in the second half at Chelsea (in which his final ball and shooting was still shit), ALL of our attacking players have been... well garbage. 

 

We've played two decent teams with a lot of quality, we've had out attacking outlets stunted by playing two DM's who can't pass. If he still doesn't perform, when we start playing (no disrespect) lesser teams, with a more attacking lineup and his team mates are performing around him, then perhaps let's start asking questions. 

 

But right now, to be asking it right now considering all of the above, the fact we missed some of preseason and that he's a new player, it's ridiculous if anyone is going over the top about it. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...