Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
That_Dude

Ayoze Pérez

With the exception of Maddison for 45 minutes, literally all of our attacking players have looked crap. We’ve stunted our creative output by being negative with two non ball playing DM’s. We’ve also played the teams that finished 7th and 3rd last season.

Can all the idiots actually give the bloke half a season before telling us how shit he is and how they told us all I think the summer.

• Like 2

Guest Cujek
5 hours ago, dylanlegend said:

Ive never associated Perez as being top class player. He had a decent season last year but I was always dubious when he was linked to clubs like Man U etc. For me it’s telling he isn’t a full Spain international suggesting he’s not at that level and at his age unlikely to be.

I think he’s useful as a back up no10 or striker but for me Albrighton and Barnes should be ahead of him as wingers.

To be honest I agree, when I used to see him on the team sheet I was happy as I knew he would t score against us. 

Improved a lot last season, but he is no winger I would much rather start Albrighton in that position 

People can make excuses all they want but we see it on here time and time again. A new player is judged negatively based on a couple of games before he's even got his feet under the table and got in sync with his teammates. 

He's had two proper starts. He hasn't been outstanding, he hasn't been terrible. It isn't enough time to make a fair assessment. He won't get any better if the stupid half of our fan-base decide he's shit already and don't support him. 

People on here love to get their digs in early so they can increase the chances of being able say things like 'I knew he'd be shit, I said it when we signed him'. Some of our best players in the last ten years took at least a season to settle in before they came good. 

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but trying to pretend you've somehow analysed and assessed a players full potential after two games in a new team that is still finding its purpose and shape makes you look a bit silly, in all honesty. Still, fingers crossed the lad doesn't get any better so you can enjoy being right about it, eh. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

I thought it was when he was moved in from the right into the centre and,  amongst others, fed off Rondon. 

No. This was gone over when he signed, all the stats showed that his best form at the end of the season was when he went to the right, playing narrow from there. 

Screenshot 2019-08-19 at 09.42.26.png

Screenshot 2019-08-19 at 09.41.59.png

Edited by Babylon

10 hours ago, lifted*fox said:

lol, typical FT writing a player off after 2 full games. 

'supporters' 

clue in the name. maybe give it a few more games before making him the next scapegoat. 

.. no one is writing him off!! 

Genuine concern with his performance, although clearly being played in a position he is clearly uncomfortable with. 

I noticed his body language and he appeared like a fish out of water in pre-season, unless he was in the box where he was focused. 

Genuinely not happy seeing players playing out of position as it benefits no one. I was also surprised when we acquired his signature and so far Brendan is not helping him or us with the formation he is implementing. 

17 minutes ago, Midlands yellow said:

Would you swap him for Pukki ? 

Completely different players and positions. 

Pukki and Vardy wouldn't work, and he's not going to displace Vardy. He looks great thus far (2 games) and is certainly a better option than Iheanacho, but that's not exactly a ringing endorsement for anyone at the time of writing. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Midlands yellow said:

Would you swap him for Pukki ? 

Different player. 

Perez is probably a more intelligent and technical play maker, Pukki looks more mobile and clinical. 

Not gonna lie, I watched zero of you last year but he struck me as a bit Vardyesque in your Prem games so far. Works his bollocks off in the channels, links up well and gets in behind. Tidy, I like him. 

I've enjoyed watching Norwich. Think your claim that Emi is better than Madders looks like what it was though, a bit of funny banter and mock denial. I doubt you're that deluded. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Different player. 

Perez is probably a more intelligent and technical play maker, Pukki looks more mobile and clinical. 

Not gonna lie, I watched zero of you last year but he struck me as a bit Vardyesque in your Prem games so far. Works his bollocks off in the channels, links up well and gets in behind. Tidy, I like him. 

I've enjoyed watching Norwich. Think your claim that Emi is better than Madders looks like what it was though, a bit of funny banter and mock denial. I doubt you're that deluded. 

I don't think he's particularly keen on us if he's the same Midlands Yellow as below:- :ph34r:

https://forum.pinkun.com/index.php?/topic/129385-leicester-spending-power/ 

• Haha 1

As we were told by Newcastle fans, will blow hot and cold. Mahrez was exactly the same, although of course his "hot" was ridiculous! 

I think we need to let him settle and I'm sure after he gets his first goal for us, a handful more will quickly follow. 

He's obviously an intelligent player with a lot of skill, however does seem to get out muscled quite easily and I'm not sure if out on the right is most suited to him, due to his lack of pace. His first touch is sublime though and I do think he will pop up with a fair few assists this season.

I just wonder if, like Maddison, he will do his best work more centrally and in the pockets of space. I think Rodgers may tweak it for Sheffield and we will see him drop to bench but come on later in the no.10 role. Be interesting to see how he does there if so. 

Still got high hopes for him. Don't think he will set the world alight, but can definitely see him scoring 8-10 goals a season for us, which would be very useful. 

Just now, STUHILL said:

As we were told by Newcastle fans, will blow hot and cold. Mahrez was exactly the same, although of course his "hot" was ridiculous! 

I think we need to let him settle and I'm sure after he gets his first goal for us, a handful more will quickly follow. 

He's obviously an intelligent player with a lot of skill, however does seem to get out muscled quite easily and I'm not sure if out on the right is most suited to him, due to his lack of pace. His first touch is sublime though and I do think he will pop up with a fair few assists this season.

I just wonder if, like Maddison, he will do his best work more centrally and in the pockets of space. I think Rodgers may tweak it for Sheffield and we will see him drop to bench but come on later in the no.10 role. Be interesting to see how he does there if so. 

Still got high hopes for him. Don't think he will set the world alight, but can definitely see him scoring 8-10 goals a season for us, which would be very useful. 

If literally anyone else had been performing around him then people are free to judge. But it's as clear as day that other than Maddison's 45 minutes in the second half at Chelsea (in which his final ball and shooting was still shit), ALL of our attacking players have been... well garbage. 

We've played two decent teams with a lot of quality, we've had out attacking outlets stunted by playing two DM's who can't pass. If he still doesn't perform, when we start playing (no disrespect) lesser teams, with a more attacking lineup and his team mates are performing around him, then perhaps let's start asking questions. 

But right now, to be asking it right now considering all of the above, the fact we missed some of preseason and that he's a new player, it's ridiculous if anyone is going over the top about it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Babylon said:

Except for the fact the vast majority of his goals last season came from playing on the right. 

Puzzles me when people say he isn't a wide player. He played & scored from there for Newcastle pretty much the entirety of the second half of the season, so you cant make that an excuse as to why he hasn't set the world alight yet. He just needs a bit of time to bed in and hit the ground, we have had 2 very tough games and we are playing a formation that is new to us. He seems a lovely lad and his work ethic is there, so why not cut him some slack and not jump on his back after 2 games & give him time.

• Like 3

played much better than both Vardy and Tielemans yesterday. I don't think some people see what they want to see rather than what is actually happening in a match.

24 minutes ago, FIF said:

played much better than both Vardy and Tielemans yesterday. I don't think some people see what they want to see rather than what is actually happening in a match.

Sigh. And would that apply if somebody had the opposite opinion to you? 

He got better in the second half but was pretty abject before then. Bit pointless working hard if you then bottle every 50/50 (and he really wasn't alone on that front in the first 30 mins!). Compare that to Maddison who despite going down half the time, still scrapped and won the ball back plenty of times. Vardy barely had a sniff but did more than Perez but YT was pretty anonymous until the last 10 when he was higher up the pitch but was uncharacteristically poor in his decision making.

I think it will happen for Perez but sugar coat it however you like, he's been very poor in his first 2 games. Caveat being, he had an excellent pre season. He's also a victim of this system. He and Maddison were too narrow in the first half but that's come from the manager.

Would definitely prefer to see Marc or Harvey for the next game.

2 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Sigh. And would that apply if somebody had the opposite opinion to you? 

He got better in the second half but was pretty abject before then. Bit pointless working hard if you then bottle every 50/50 (and he really wasn't alone on that front in the first 30 mins!). Compare that to Maddison who despite going down half the time, still scrapped and won the ball back plenty of times. Vardy barely had a sniff but did more than Perez but YT was pretty anonymous until the last 10 when he was higher up the pitch but was uncharacteristically poor in his decision making.

I think it will happen for Perez but sugar coat it however you like, he's been very poor in his first 2 games. Caveat being, he had an excellent pre season. He's also a victim of this system. He and Maddison were too narrow in the first half but that's come from the manager.

Would definitely prefer to see Marc or Harvey for the next game.

It would be really boring and I wouldn't need to give MY OPINION if nobody had the opposite opinion to mine.

I'm sure you don't think my opinion is any less relevant than yours despite you thinking my opinion is wrong - do you?

You think he was "abject" I think he was better than Vardy and Tielemans. Not sure how Vardy "did more" when he did absolutely nothing other than run offside when players were looking to put him through. His timing was appaling yesterday but at least he didn't miss any sitters like he did against Wolves. Tielemans was simply non-existent and the biggest conundrum that BR has to solve.

Marc playing resolves nothing. he'll put in a lot of effort and bang early crosses into the box, but we have no-one to do anything with them. Barnes does offer an alternative, he runs with the ball  ( like Gray) I'm not against him starting though I think he's better coming on for the last 30 minutes. He needs to sort out his relationship with Chilwell as they have not played well together confusing each other and not understanding where they should be. I think that Barnes is a far better centrally with permission to run wherever he wants with the ball and if he started I'd prefer him to play with Perez up front. I'd play a flexible midfield behind them of Madderz Hamza and Tielemans with N'did backing them up and then the usual back 4 with chillerz and Ricardo supplying the width.

He's just looked like a downgraded version of Albrighton so far.

Not to say he won't come good, but he definitely needs dropping next game and should be behind Barnes and Albrighton in the pecking order right now until he can prove himself. You can't keep playing players underperforming because of their price tag,

• Like 1