Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
That_Dude

Ayoze Pérez

Recommended Posts

31 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Waste of space. Get rid ASAP.

This... 

He's had enough chances to improve and just hasn't! 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought he was better in the first half, when he was moving around a lot to try and drag guys out of position and go to the game when it wasn't coming to him (which is rare for a Leicester forward).  Seemed to disappear in the second half before he was subbed off.  He'll be fine - it was one game, and he was neither our best or worst attacking player.  The setup hurt him, just like it hurt everyone with a mind to try and create a goal.

Edited by Deeg67

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He is exactly like Shinji.

 

Has the workrate of Shinji, has the link up play ability of Shinji, is lightweight like Shinji and loses the ball like Shinji.

 

I just hope he brings more goals, that's all I want from the guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's not very dynamic anyway but is always going to struggle in such a narrow set up against a narrow defence. His main strength in my opinion is that he's great at exploiting space to score, we didn't create much against Wolves. Barnes changed the game by dragging Wolves' back line around, Maddison and Perez are ineffectual as wide players because they both move inwards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He openly admitted that he didn't have the best game and did not hide behind excuses. Still early days but he is trying to build a rapport with the the fans and his posts on twitter can only endear him to the fans, he is open and honest and I like that, to be honest the way we set up both Perez and Vardy struggled to get into the game. Once we have a couple of games behind us I'm positive he will come good. As previous posts he looked excellent preseason as the whole team did, give it time before we start slagging players off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't have a great game - I think he slowed down a lot of our counter attacks - but still far too early to judge. He did show some moments of promise, with a few flashy feet at times, so can certainly see the potential, but he just didn't get the ball around the box often enough (which was only partly his fault).

 

I think he definitely has the talent to be a good player for us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/08/2019 at 08:10, Stadt said:

He's not very dynamic anyway but is always going to struggle in such a narrow set up against a narrow defence. His main strength in my opinion is that he's great at exploiting space to score, we didn't create much against Wolves. Barnes changed the game by dragging Wolves' back line around, Maddison and Perez are ineffectual as wide players because they both move inwards.

This. One of his primary strengths is he understands how to be where defenders are not when he is in the box, so when ricochets unexpectedly come his way, he has good looks at the ball. But on Sunday, we were so narrow, the box consequently congested, and there were so few shots on goal that this ability was nullified. It will show vs. Chelsea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/08/2019 at 15:30, kingfox said:

He is exactly like Shinji.

 

Has the workrate of Shinji, has the link up play ability of Shinji, is lightweight like Shinji and loses the ball like Shinji.

 

I just hope he brings more goals, that's all I want from the guy.

He’s definitely better technically than Shinji, his ability to take the ball on the turn and run at a man is a lot better. 

 

Whether he’ll contribute as much as Okazaki to the club is yet to be seen, but you’re right, I hope he does bring more goals than Shinji delivered. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/08/2019 at 13:40, pmcla26 said:

He won’t come up against a 5 man packed defence and Willy Boly every week

True, when we play shite from the bottom half it will 9 or 10 man packed defence. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

True, when we play shite from the bottom half it will 9 or 10 man packed defence. 

My point was more Wolves set up like you’d expect those sides to + Willy Boly was immense.

 

The sides who have come up all try and play football to be fair, so might be a bit less of that this season, we’ll see tho - they might change their tactics if they take a few hidings playing like that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He needs to be allowed to find his feet here. That can happen quickly or it can take time.

 

A winner against Chelsea on Sunday would do a lot for confidence.

 

He's a good and intelligent player so I'm sure he'll work it out.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, pmcla26 said:

My point was more Wolves set up like you’d expect those sides to + Willy Boly was immense.

 

The sides who have come up all try and play football to be fair, so might be a bit less of that this season, we’ll see tho - they might change their tactics if they take a few hidings playing like that. 

As good a side as Wolves are it was essentially 8 defenders with 2 left up top. A lot of sides will try and nullify us. Problem is getting that 1st goal. If we score early in home games it ruins the opponents plans, the longer its 0-0 or like under Puel the other team scores first then the game becomes increasingly difficult. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was a nothing game against Wolves, Perez didn’t really get a chance to perform, it’s not like he spurned loads of chances or lost possession in promising positions when we were getting forward. 

 

He just didn’t get a sniff, he’s a proven Premier League player tho, he’ll be fine. 

Edited by pmcla26

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

As good a side as Wolves are it was essentially 8 defenders with 2 left up top. A lot of sides will try and nullify us. Problem is getting that 1st goal. If we score early in home games it ruins the opponents plans, the longer its 0-0 or like under Puel the other team scores first then the game becomes increasingly difficult. 

Exactly. They didn’t have to play Neves, Moutinho and Dendoncker all as holding midfielders, they could easily have put another attacker in for any one of those 3 and gave the wing backs more freedom to go forward. 

 

But they came with a plan to not lose and it succeeded, so fair play to them in a way, but we just need to find the magic formula to break sides down and get that first goal again at home - when we do we hardly ever lose and that’s why teams are happy to come to the KP and just sit back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not just Perez, none of the attacking players looked good on Sunday. Brendan didn't set-up the team to match the formation !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...