Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
That_Dude

Ayoze Pérez

I thought he was better in the first half, when he was moving around a lot to try and drag guys out of position and go to the game when it wasn't coming to him (which is rare for a Leicester forward).  Seemed to disappear in the second half before he was subbed off.  He'll be fine - it was one game, and he was neither our best or worst attacking player.  The setup hurt him, just like it hurt everyone with a mind to try and create a goal.

Edited by Deeg67

He is exactly like Shinji.

Has the workrate of Shinji, has the link up play ability of Shinji, is lightweight like Shinji and loses the ball like Shinji.

I just hope he brings more goals, that's all I want from the guy.

He's not very dynamic anyway but is always going to struggle in such a narrow set up against a narrow defence. His main strength in my opinion is that he's great at exploiting space to score, we didn't create much against Wolves. Barnes changed the game by dragging Wolves' back line around, Maddison and Perez are ineffectual as wide players because they both move inwards.

He openly admitted that he didn't have the best game and did not hide behind excuses. Still early days but he is trying to build a rapport with the the fans and his posts on twitter can only endear him to the fans, he is open and honest and I like that, to be honest the way we set up both Perez and Vardy struggled to get into the game. Once we have a couple of games behind us I'm positive he will come good. As previous posts he looked excellent preseason as the whole team did, give it time before we start slagging players off.

Didn't have a great game - I think he slowed down a lot of our counter attacks - but still far too early to judge. He did show some moments of promise, with a few flashy feet at times, so can certainly see the potential, but he just didn't get the ball around the box often enough (which was only partly his fault).

I think he definitely has the talent to be a good player for us.

On 13/08/2019 at 08:10, Stadt said:

He's not very dynamic anyway but is always going to struggle in such a narrow set up against a narrow defence. His main strength in my opinion is that he's great at exploiting space to score, we didn't create much against Wolves. Barnes changed the game by dragging Wolves' back line around, Maddison and Perez are ineffectual as wide players because they both move inwards.

This. One of his primary strengths is he understands how to be where defenders are not when he is in the box, so when ricochets unexpectedly come his way, he has good looks at the ball. But on Sunday, we were so narrow, the box consequently congested, and there were so few shots on goal that this ability was nullified. It will show vs. Chelsea.

Just now, pmcla26 said:

My point was more Wolves set up like you’d expect those sides to + Willy Boly was immense.

The sides who have come up all try and play football to be fair, so might be a bit less of that this season, we’ll see tho - they might change their tactics if they take a few hidings playing like that. 

As good a side as Wolves are it was essentially 8 defenders with 2 left up top. A lot of sides will try and nullify us. Problem is getting that 1st goal. If we score early in home games it ruins the opponents plans, the longer its 0-0 or like under Puel the other team scores first then the game becomes increasingly difficult. 

Early days but not been overly impressed.

Looks a bit light weight considering he’s played in the prem for a while and seemed to give the ball away every time he got it.

I had reservations when we signed him, he’s not a winger and he’s not a striker so bit of a strange one. Would’ve preferred to have spent 30M on an actual winger if I’m honest.

Still only 2 games in so hopefully he will improve but Brendan must be considering dropping him for Albrighton/Barnes for Sheff Utd.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, mod hero said:

Early days but not been overly impressed.

Looks a bit light weight considering he’s played in the prem for a while and seemed to give the ball away every time he got it.

I had reservations when we signed him, he’s not a winger and he’s not a striker so bit of a strange one. Would’ve preferred to have spent 30M on an actual winger if I’m honest.

Still only 2 games in so hopefully he will improve but Brendan must be considering dropping him for Albrighton/Barnes for Sheff Utd.

I think like Maddison isn't effective on the left, likewise Perez on the right according to Newcastle fans. Best in the middle which is where he hit goalscoring for last season. 

• Like 1