Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
That_Dude

Ayoze Pérez

Just now, Unabomber said:

Wtf why are people writing him off already? What is wrong with you? 

maybe the fact that he has looked quite average, gave the ball away alot today.

We have a talented youngster on the bench that is only going to get better, apart from the fact that he cost 30m cant see the reason he should be ahead of Barnes.

On paper he is meant to be more tenacious defensively, yet to see this though.  

Time will tell

Just now, HankMarvin said:

maybe the fact that he has looked quite average, gave the ball away alot today.

We have a talented youngster on the bench that is only going to get better, apart from the fact that he cost 30m cant see the reason he should be ahead of Barnes.

On paper he is meant to be more tenacious defensively, yet to see this though.  

Time will tell

Did he not win the ball back for our first goal today? 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Won the ball in their half that then set Vardy up for his goal, that's exactly one of the reasons we signed him to press and win the ball in positions that allow quick balls through to Vardy.

I thought he was better today as he was given the freedom to play right, left or in the centre at times and it was better for him.

He's still some way off being at his best but I'm not hugely concerned that he is a waste of money, I think he'll be great here.

Finally someone who actually knows what they are talking about!!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

He was on the pitch for 80 mins, he also gave the ball away quite a lot, Albrighton wins the ball back a lot.

Not sure that is the reason 30m was spent

No I also don’t think we spent £30m on him cos he won the ball back against Sheffield united and we scored. Personally I will reserve judgment until the end of the season and not after 260 odd (give or take) minutes of football for us. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Vardy wouldn't have had that chance for his goal without Perez, he also created 2 other chances that we wasted. He's operating somewhat below what he is clearly capable of but I'm mystified at people's dismay with him today. Had a huge hand in us getting 3 points.

Brendan has bought a "role" that he believes he can afford by building strong foundations all around the midfield. Hamza was the ace in the pack today. 

It's amazing the fine line between being "over run" and winning but it seems we're in fine hands. 

Very interesting our transition form Puel and the more this continues the more we will benefit. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Vardy wouldn't have had that chance for his goal without Perez, he also created 2 other chances that we wasted. He's operating somewhat below what he is clearly capable of but I'm mystified at people's dismay with him today. Had a huge hand in us getting 3 points.

image.png.b118058020a5d51e8aa2555dc2369d83.png

But potentially he is keeping the likes of Barnes out the team, who made more of a impact in 27 minutes.

Early days, hopefully he comes good, but hasnt looked any better than the options we have

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Equally he’s been a passenger for most of the first 3 games and wasted at least 2 great opportunities to play in Vardy today. Citing one occasion he won the ball back as a reason to have him in the team isn’t a reason for him to keep his place - if you want somebody to run around pestering the opposition on the right wing there’s nothing wrong with Albrighton.

The chances are we won’t see the best of Perez for most of the season. He’s an extremely streaky player who delivers 5-10 game spells of real top quality form once a season and most of the rest of the time is a passenger. Hopefully we’re able to get the balance right between giving him the time in the side that he needs to hit the heights he’s capable of and also leaving him out when he’s not at it.

At the moment he’s not at it and you’re kidding yourself if you think he’s providing a net positive contribution to the team when compared with the other proven options. But it’s a long season and it’s worth persevering with him not just because we spent £30m on him but because we won’t ever see the best of him if we don’t give him plenty of minutes and a chance to play himself into the sort of form that led to us spending that money on him in the first place.

7 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

image.png.b118058020a5d51e8aa2555dc2369d83.png

But potentially he is keeping the likes of Barnes out the team, who made more of a impact in 27 minutes.

Early days, hopefully he comes good, but hasnt looked any better than the options we have

Barnes should be in the team for Praet next Saturday and get us back to 4-1-4-1. Rodgers can suck his mum if he keeps the personnel and formation the same again, its unnecessary.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, sdb said:

I've been underwhelmed. He looked so good last season and I was chuffed with the signing. He worked well off Rondon, maybe that's what he's missing- a tager man partner, but his game needs to be more than that. 

I'd like a return of 4141 and more settling time for AP.

Do you think our defense is good enough for a single DM screen? Rodgers doesn't seem to, and watching how vulnerable we were today vs SU down the middle, hard for me to disagree.

I think that is going to be the primary theme of the season, whether we can get our best attacking line-up on the field, or whether we need two DMs to protect our CBs. So far, it has been the latter. Taking Harvey Barnes off the field really hurts our attack, he gives us more width (though he could give more) and consequently forces the defense wider, allowing Vards and Ayoze more space inside. 

The shame of it all is we really need someone with Demari Gray's ability to beat defenders off the dribble to help us force the issue and make things happen. Unfortunately, he is just too inconsistent of late to feature.

33 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Wtf why are people writing him off already? What is wrong with you? 

This is the typical polarising debate of the internet in the modern age - you cannot express concerns about individual performances without people strawmanning you and sweeping your opinion away as something it's not because it doesn't suit your narrative.

I have seen absolutely no one write Perez off yet or decide he's crap. Either on this forum or in real life.

I have seen plenty of people claim his first 3 performances have been crap (which is more than a fair assessment) and that other players deserve to be in the side ahead of him at the moment (again, hardly an earth-shattering opinion).

That doesn't mean those people also haven't accepted he could come good or he's not suiting our style. But rather than engaging with why he should be allowed to settle or the side should be set up differently (both perfectly valid topics of discussion), you don't have to try and shut down all debate with sweeping straw mans about people writing him off.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

He’ll be fine, just typical FoxesTalk panic - he’s never gonna be outstanding, Mahrez level winger, but he fits into how we play and he’s proven he can score goals at this level. 

As for Barnes, he’s only 21, we don’t need to rely on him yet. I’d rather he came on for half hour and had a big impact with his direct running and goal threat against a tired defence than be marked out the game early on and not offer the pressing/tactical nouse or defensive responsibility that Perez or Albrighton might give instead.

We all just need to look at the bigger picture and be glad we’ve got decent players in all positions fighting for places and some promising young lads coming through who can contribute to the cause. 

He is in the team because he offers, "fluid Creativity across the attacking positions" so far in 3 games 0.7 Key passes per game.

Hopefully he improves, he has been underwhelming so far for a player that is the 2nd record signing for the club

New Players who seem to do well in pre-season, score afew tend to do poorly when the real football starts. Thought he was overpriced, Brendon's always not been very good in the transfer market,. Who wanted Perez - Brendon or Congerton? 

Edited by Crispin LA

Feel for him atm. He's out of position. Similar to Maddison, just in a wider role.

I think Perez' footwork is good and he's quite technical but he needs to be behind or alongside Vardy.

I believe he'll come good. He scored goals at this level in a poor Newcastle side.

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

Feel for him atm. He's out of position. Similar to Maddison, just in a wider role.

I think Perez' footwork is good and he's quite technical but he needs to be behind or alongside Vardy.

I believe he'll come good. He scored goals at this level in a poor Newcastle side.

Perez has played about 85% of his career at right wing, how is he out of position? 

19 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Perez has played about 85% of his career at right wing, how is he out of position? 

Was not aware. Thought he played behind. Always looked behind the forward for Newcastle.

14 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

Gray ahead of Perez???

I just don't get that and I don't get why you think he's only worth £10m in today's market.

Gray has a better attack instinct.

Gray is faster than perez maybe double of Perez top speed.

Perez has a better final decision making ability, however I haven't seen that just yet.

At this moment in time I just think there is 2 or 3 players who are more influential to making a difference than the performances have shown so far.

Obviously I want the lad to do well, I also think he will come good but so far he hasn't added much other than run around to make a nuisance, crossing ability isn't great either.

Maybe BR should start him as a forward 2 with Vardy instead of playing him on the wing..

Ofcourse this is my opinion and of my opinion I can only go off what I've seen in the start of the premier league season and to that end I haven't seen him add to the team with anything this far

• Haha 1