Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
That_Dude

Ayoze Pérez

An indifferent start for sure. In the last two games he has had moments, specifically he's got into great positions to play Vardy through with a good through ball and fluffed his lines. He's got the look of a player that is trying a bit too hard rather than letting his natural game take over. Still he's a trier and fights hard every game. He gets pushed off the ball a lot, but often is tenacious enough to get it back.

I think he needs a goal to settle him down and raise his confidence. I still think he's decent, but for those asking why Albrighton or Barnes isn't in ahead of him, they have a point!

This is the problem.

I'd prefer to start barnes over perez 

I'd prefer to start D Gray over Perez.

I think because he cost 30m it's hard not to play him.

I think we over paid by about 20m.

He does put a shift in thou wont write him off I hope he comes good 

• Like 1

Some of our fans dismissed him before he signed and you get the feeling the wouldnt mind him failing to prove a point. Perez has got skills and has got very good talent to play in the fluid system we are trying. However, him along with most of our creative players like Tielemans, Praet and Maddison are not match sharp yet. They have been lazy and slow in the pass at times and arent timing the pass through to Vardy. IMO, in time that will come. as they get match fit they can run more and there passing will be sharper.

Lets not bury Ayoze after 3 games FFS

I thought he was the worst player on the pitch today. Not been too impressed with the other two games either to be honest. I’ve got a Geordie mate who’s a season ticket holder and he says he’s either unplayable or dog shit. Not sure 30 mill is a good price for someone so inconsistent. Early days yet though, fingers crossed he starts to improve.

19 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

This is the problem.

Can't take that seriously, sorry. Only reason Gray should play for us again is if we have some unholy injury crisis.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

This is the problem.

Gray ahead of Perez???

I just don't get that and I don't get why you think he's only worth £10m in today's market.

14 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

He'll be fine. It's a big adjustment, new club, new manager, new system. 

People need to **** off and give him time to bed in. 

Yeah this. Whilst everyone has the right to criticise you’ve got to give players a run of about 5-10 games minimum to pass judgement IMO. 

When people criticise Nacho or Gray they have a point as both have tons of appearances for us. For Soyuncu, Praet, Perez, JJ and Benkovic they need support!

It’s also notable that despite some false starts that Choudhury, Soyuncu and Barnes all look good now. All 3 have had poor games especially in their initial appearances. 

Perez could still turn out to be a flop but saying that after 3 games is crazy. 

I wonder if he will get any time against Newcastle? I doubt he’ll start but I think a goal would do him the world of good. Right now we have the same problem since we sold Mahrez - we only have one player who reliably gets us goals. That’s why it was great Barnes scored as I feel a confident Barnes can hit double figures because he has a real knack of getting into scoring positions. 

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 2

I've been underwhelmed. He looked so good last season and I was chuffed with the signing. He worked well off Rondon, maybe that's what he's missing- a tager man partner, but his game needs to be more than that. 

I'd like a return of 4141 and more settling time for AP.

Won the ball in their half that then set Vardy up for his goal, that's exactly one of the reasons we signed him to press and win the ball in positions that allow quick balls through to Vardy.

I thought he was better today as he was given the freedom to play right, left or in the centre at times and it was better for him.

He's still some way off being at his best but I'm not hugely concerned that he is a waste of money, I think he'll be great here.

• Like 4