Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Caglar Soyuncu emerges as new cult hero at Leicester City

Just now, Danny Clender said:

Anyone know if he can take a penno or not?

I mean, I know anyone can take one, but you know. 

The scenes if he takes a penno for us in a potential shoot-out and scores, King Power Ulloa Tremors again.

scored one & missed one for us already I believe. 

How much is he on? Get him tied down to a long term 80k+ asap, actually think this is a player, given his age and growing stature that is surely only going to keep increasing, where we should give him as much money a week as we can (within reason) so then when a Barca or a Bayern do come knocking we can command an extortionate fee.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

How much is he on? Get him tied down to a long term 80k+ asap, actually think this is a player, given his age and growing stature that is surely only going to keep increasing, where we should give him as much money a week as we can (within reason) so then when a Barca or a Bayern do come knocking we can command an extortionate fee.

Bayern wouldnt pay the asking fee, and most likely not willing to pay his type of wages,what he could achieve at Leicester...

Edited by fuchsntf

how much do you guys think hes worth now? atleast 60m right? will prolly reach 80m if he keeps it up this season considering hes such an allround defender, he can fit any system; hes mobile and fast, can pass, strong, aerial, read the game etc... and hes still young

18 minutes ago, JoJo said:

how much do you guys think hes worth now? atleast 60m right? will prolly reach 80m if he keeps it up this season considering hes such an allround defender, he can fit any system; hes mobile and fast, can pass, strong, aerial, read the game etc... and hes still young

we got 80m for harry, do you think Cags is not as good?

Edited by treer

38 minutes ago, treer said:

we got 80m for harry, do you think Cags is not as good?

It isn’t as simple as that really. Man Utd wanted English players and were willing to spend whatever it cost to get them. 

He’s probably better already but has the potential to be far better than Maguire. That doesn’t necessarily mean he’ll go for a higher fee. 

To a lesser extent Man U have done with Harry what PSG did with Mbappe and Neymar in terms of inflating the market, but the circumstances surrounding Harry were that he was English, they were desperate, the world cup was still fresh in the memory and we made it abundantly clear he was not for sale for any less than what we wanted, the fact Harry himself accepted that and played in pre season did us a massive favour. We might set a similar price on Cags but you can't say he'll be as willing to cooperate and the last thing the club wants is another Riyad situation. This is why I think it's imperative we put him on massive money for as long a contract as possible, so the buying team have to pay an absurd amount just to buy out the contract, not often that's a shrewd way of doing business but it's a win/win, either we have probably the top CB in world football under 24 and can build a defensive set up around him, or we get a Maguire like fee for him and can reinvest it, the only danger is putting a CB on silly wages might upset the apple cart as in a season or two if we keep progressing an attack minded player who's doing well might think 'hang on a minute why aren't I on as much/more than him?!'. Just a great problem to have.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

He'll be the best defender in the world. Recognised by everyone. Pay him what he wants and build off that base. 

I was having this discussion with someone earlier this week.

Its early days but as a defender he literally has everything. If he maintains the level of performance hes showing he might be the best centre back I've ever seen for us. Hes having a similar impact for us to kanye when he joined.

Might be OTT, but hes like Huth, Wasyl and Maguire rolled into one.

Edited by Abrasive fox

8 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Its early days but as a defender he literally has everything. If he maintains the level of performance hes showing he might be the best centre back I've ever seen for us. Hes having a similar impact for us to kanye when he joined.

I think he probably is the best I've seen live off the top of my head. (Atleast as far as leicester is concerned) how far off that elite tier is he really? I wouldn't argue against someone putting him there. But he's damn close if not. 

25 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

He seems to have reined in his impetuous streak a little .... v important for a defender ...... let’s see how he does next few weeks as he comes up against a fair range of forwards, some big and burly, some quick footed. 

for his age, the signs so far are enormously positive - he seems v suited to a physical league rather than somewhere like Spain. 

• Like 1

Unfortunately for us, Soyuncu, like Ricardo, perfectly fits the profile of a superteam defender.  I suspect we'll manage to keep him around next season, but if he's playing at or above his current level he'll likely be sold (for a massive profit, of course) after that.

Edited by Deeg67

13 hours ago, Chester Dontlie said:

Some of the stuff that dreams are made of  :claudio:

Absolutely essential to tie him down as you guys say. Give him an improved contract & all the turkish delights he would possibly want

If this was a transfer target and we saw this video there would be cries of gerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrinnnnnnnnnnnnnnn! There are some excellent touches in that video and in this case the video doesn't lie! :brendan: