Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Caglar Soyuncu emerges as new cult hero at Leicester City

1 hour ago, Jobyfox said:

I think I had a realisation after the Aston Villa game that perhaps others had come to sooner.

When Soyuncu first came into the side this season it was immediately obvious that he had some qualities that were better than Maguire. In particular his pace and recovery. Then I gradually noticed that his ability on the ball and passing were probably the equal to Maguire and his defensive qualities were better. Ok, Maguire might be better at dribbling with the ball and have superior heading ability, although even the latter is only marginal as CS wins an awful lot for a man of his height.

After Aston Villa I realised that he actually reads the game better than Maguire and is much more proactive in sniffing out danger. At the start of the season saying CS was better than Maguire was a bit of a giggle: “ha ha Manchester United have just spent £80m on the wrong bloke”. I feel now, however, that Soyuncu is, unequivocally, a better defender than Maguire (no wind up/no joke) and long may it continue.

On the train home I was thinnking, thank god Man U came in and bought Maguire. One of those things where pieces fall into place. If Maguire was still here, I am sure we wouldn't be anywhere near where we are and certainly a lot of points worse off.

Just shows that if you have a young player with potential, the only way they can become a good/world class player is by being given game time and confidence. Of course, not every player can fulfil their potential, but if it isn't tried, then no one will know.

I am glad things have worked out as they have.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Hayati said:

As a native Tuekish speaker I will try to write his name by phonetic alphabet. ʈʃʌʌlʌr 

. I hope it is useful but don't forget to stress on r letter

56 minutes ago, Redbeard said:

Hey guys, I am a Turkish person. 

Charlar is not even close, Chaalaar is close one, try it. =) 

Chaalarrrrrrrr then.  It's settled. :thumbup:

• Like 1

Jesus wept. By the time we learn to pronounce his name he'll be living in Barcelona.

Can't somebody make a pronunciation in English that sounds like Turkish.

You don't want to sound like an idiot when you meet the God of Defending. Shame should not be an option. Please.

57 minutes ago, luddevig said:

German Transfermarkt.de sometimes has an audio file with the pronunciation of a non-german player. Look for "Aussprache des Namens" a bit down. 

https://www.transfermarkt.de/caglar-soyuncu/profil/spieler/320141

Wow - that sounds like Chaar-lad Soy-in-u- chu :thumbup:

2 hours ago, Redbeard said:

Hey guys, I am a Turkish person. 

Charlar is not even close, Chaalaar is close one, try it. =) 

Çağlar himself says it’s pronounced Charlar but without major emphasis on the ‘r’ so phonetically said like you’ve spelt it. We need to have words with the stadium announcer as he calls him Cag-lar as it’s spelt. 

Very confusing, I can see why people just call him Cags 🤷🏻‍♀️