Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Caglar Soyuncu emerges as new cult hero at Leicester City

10 hours ago, ithuriel said:

We are not far off looking as good as we did when we won the league and he has massively improved beyond all recognition from the player that popped up as cover last season, he could 

Not far??? The past few weeks we have played better than AMY game in the title winning season. This is a far better team 

8 hours ago, squarez said:

Have noticed this, too.

At least the Turks are a bit more clued up on football than the Algerians and a million times less annoying. 

On 31/10/2019 at 20:57, Spudulike said:

He has absolutely no qualms whatsoever of just smashing the ball over the stand.

Any player that can hoof the ball over the West Stand demands respect. As soon as Cags did it, I knew he was the player for us. I don't think any other player has managed it.... I remember one over the East Stand (not sure who).

I'd love to know where that ball ended up, in the Sour perhaps? In which case it could have made its way to the Grand Union Canal so it could be still on its journey around the UK.

4 minutes ago, KFS said:

He has had some shaky moments against the top teams. A few good strikers have found space in tight areas around him, but let’s not expect him to be perfect... especially at his age. 

There is no perfect. I never ask for perfection from my pupils, I ask for progress 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KFS said:

He has had some shaky moments against the top teams. A few good strikers have found space in tight areas around him, but let’s not expect him to be perfect... especially at his age. 

This is like commenting that Usain Bolt's teeth were too yellow when he set the 100M record.

The bloke has been outstanding, beyond any reasonable and unreasonable expectation. It's not a stretch to call him the best defender in the league at the moment. 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

This is like commenting that Usain Bolt's teeth were too yellow when he set the 100M record.

The bloke has been outstanding, beyond any reasonable and unreasonable expectation. It's not a stretch to call him the best defender in the league at the moment. 

He’s in great form and is performing as the best defender in the league. All I’m saying is there have been shaky moments and if one of those were to cost us a goal, it’s a learning point that he will use in his young age to get better. 

I’m not criticising or being negative.

4 minutes ago, KFS said:

He’s in great form and is performing as the best defender in the league. All I’m saying is there have been shaky moments and if one of those were to cost us a goal, it’s a learning point that he will use in his young age to get better. 

You come on here with your caution and pragmatism........

12 minutes ago, KFS said:

Okay, but don't all defenders have shaky moments? Isn't that just what happens when a defender is put under pressure? I think that by anybody's standards he's incredibly composed under pressure, so I'm not really sure what it is that he's supposed to be learning from?

I don't know if it's a British thing but we seem to have such an obsession with talking about young players' requirement to learn. He's already better than most defenders, young or not.

I know you already know that but I just find it irritating that a good young player can't just be a good young player. Why the insistence on the assertion that 'well he's young so he'll need to learn'.

It's a wider football thing that just grates on me a bit, case in point being Michael Owen. He was never as good as when he was 18 years old, but people seem to think that a player doesn't hit his peak til his late 20's. I don't buy it, personally. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, egg_fried_rice said:

2m34 for his latest weekly obligatory Cruyff turn.

I genuinely feel like he knew the crowd wanted it lol

Some of the match absolutely hoofing it out (the right thing to do) and then the icing on the cake when he whips the Cruyff turn out. Beautiful.