Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Caglar Soyuncu emerges as new cult hero at Leicester City

1 hour ago, mad biker said:

He already is, Van Dick as an overrated mule, Cag is quicker (by miles) more skillful (my miles) and far far more agile, have seen milk turn quicker than V V D !! he would not get into our team.

I dont fully agree nor do I disagree with what you're saying. 

If he played for liverpool doing for them what he does for us, they'd be making similar suggestions. 

2 hours ago, dynamark said:

Watched the brighton game on TVT Turkish and they just called him 'Charlewaas' as best I can describe no second name ever mentioned .Think they liked him!

I sometimes watch that channel. I think it must be first name for  all Turkish players. When we played  Arsenal they referred to Ozil as Mesut.

3 hours ago, JoJo said:

Not a brother, but his teammate in the national team (Merih Demiral) would be a great replacement for the aging Johnny Evans. He doesnt get many chances bec Sari doesnt like him for whatever reason, but he already has a good chemistry with Caglar and is not that expensive (30m) and is 21y old 

Watched Turkey v Iceland, a team like the old Stoke, and he played well making one great goal line clearance.

• Like 1

Just gets better and better ...  Maguire had a bit of an understanding with Chilwell and used to ping the ball forward and across to him with great effect ...  CS didn’t do this but instead just rolled it sideways to him ...    he has now added this to his repertoire.   I just wonder how good he will get.

• Like 1

I don’t dislike Harry but I harbour the suspicion that if OGS gets a few of his targets in and unloads the expensive and disruptive elements like Pogba he will make Man U a force again . If and when that happens I think he will need an upgrade on HM in defence based on his performances for them 

21 minutes ago, surrifox said:

I don’t dislike Harry but I harbour the suspicion that if OGS gets a few of his targets in and unloads the expensive and disruptive elements like Pogba he will make Man U a force again . If and when that happens I think he will need an upgrade on HM in defence based on his performances for them 

160m bid for Caglar? 

Another awesome performance, gutted he didn’t score that header! It’s a bit odd for a Leicester city side to look threatening from set pieces for once (in much more recent years anyway) 

Slightly off topic wasn’t sure where to put it but judging by his Instagram post it’s the players Xmas do tonight. 

5 hours ago, bmouth_fox said:

World class - reminds me of Sergio Ramos.

I hate the term world class…. As everyone goes round in circles discussing what their definition might be…. However, in anybody’s definition he has, at least, the potential to be world class...  no doubt about it…

Sergio Ramos is a great comparison by the way… A dash of Puyol too maybe?

Cags is destined for the tippy top isn’t he?

Edited by Wolfox
  • Like 3

I particularly noticed at one point in the game he was about to lunge in but realised he wouldn't make it to the ball first and held back at the last moment. It was exactly the scenario where in the first few games he would have carried on through and given away a free kick or pen (as on Rashford). Impressed by his quick learning and fast thinking.

He was gigantic yesterday. Never put a foot wrong.

4 hours ago, Sean2000 said:

If Wikipedia is to be believed you pronounce it Chalar.

I believe..we wait ,and Listen to the Mothers version...:yesyes:

what I can  tell you, I have Travelled through Turkey & neighbouring lands, and according to regions , accents/dialects or families & commentators on TV,

Various names are pronounced slightly different,   Caglar Not being any different..

The best would I suppose would be Radio Leicester do an Interview with him,and get his own interpretation....