Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Caglar Soyuncu emerges as new cult hero at Leicester City

1 hour ago, Katy said:

Sir-un-ju apparently. 

Sorry, I’m sounding like a Cags fan girl here, I’m not although he’s a bloody legend. I watched an interview in Turkish a while ago where he said his name and it stuck with me. I’m also very interested in linguistics etc. 

Hello stranger!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

I agree. I think Cags as a nickname is a tad disrespectful though perhaps he doesn't mind. Chaalar is not difficult to say correctly. 

I think the players call him Cags don’t they, so maybe he doesn’t. 

Anyway I’m sure Chaalar Sirunju would appreciate us trying to say his name properly. 

Edited by Katy
  • Like 1

On 08/12/2019 at 20:57, bmouth_fox said:

World class - reminds me of Sergio Ramos.

Thats actually a very good comparison for him. Caglar covers depth in standard situations with ease, constantly manipulating his defensive positioning in slight ways to the tune of his surroundings. His ability to do this comes from reaction speeds that make his deliberate movements look more like reflexive actions.

Caglars ability to plug holes in chaotic or non-existent defensive transition is enough to solidify him as one of the EPL's best defenders, and he is also an extremely good passer and possesses world class press resistance, which greatly enhances a player’s defensive value given the pressing-focused nature of the modern game. He can fit any system, I wouldnt be suprised if Barcelona or Man City makes a bid for him. 

• Like 2

On 08/12/2019 at 22:18, casablancas said:

Is he gonna be the first defender to go for more than hundred million???

If he keeps playing like this in the EPL and plays great in the euros in the summer he has a big chance especially considering hes still young

On 09/12/2019 at 22:59, KingsX said:

Caglar Soyuncu thread = 47 pages of how the hell do you pronounce his name.

OHL thread = 110 pages of how the hell do you figure out Belgian playoffs and playdowns.

Foxes Talk.  We grapple with the most vexing questions of our time.

thinker.JPG.30721d5206cb53a8f29f363748dcf7a0.JPG

I literally laughed out loud in the office! :D

21 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Let's not call him Charlie. It's not too difficult to say Chaalaa which in think some mentioned was the correct pronunciation.

It really bugs me when people have to take on an English name as no-one can be bothered to learn their name.

Sounds like a Scousers response after being asked... ‘tea or coffee?’

22 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Let's not call him Charlie. It's not too difficult to say Chaalaa which in think some mentioned was the correct pronunciation.

It really bugs me when people have to take on an English name as no-one can be bothered to learn their name.

My name is Matthew and there is a Mexican guy at work who calls me Mateo. i didn’t realize i was supposed to be offended! thank you!!!

Edited by MPH

22 minutes ago, Redbeard said:

I've watch Juve game and Merih Demiral was impressive. I wish Leicester sign him. It would perfect. THE TURKISH WALL! =) 

Btw guys I am a newbie here and my English not so good, I hope you guys forgive me. 

Welcome to the forum. Your English is better than many of us, don’t worry 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 09/12/2019 at 22:13, LC/FC said:

Every time I hear his first name... This! 

For the old school anime folks between 30 to 40.

But I hope one day there's a montage of headed goals by Caglar to this track.

It just... Fits! :ph34r:

OMG! I've found an English version. 

The chorus is the part that you all want to get to, to understand why I want a montage of Caglar headers.