Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

On This Day Thread - On Going

44 minutes ago, TheStig said:

April 17th 2016 we played a highly entertaining and dramatic 2-2 draw against West Ham. A match full og fight and passion - the opposite of what we witnessed against Newcastle today....

Refuse to believe that was 6 years ago. 

I'm being a bit greedy here - three 'On This Day' selections for April 25th:

1) In a list of our greatest ever managers, Peter Hodge must be very near the top.

On this day in 1925, his Leicester City team beat Bradford City 1-0 to clinch promotion to the top flight.

Hodge left for Man City the following year.

On the same date, two years later - April 25th 1928, history repeated itself. His Man City team won 1-0 at Leeds to clinch promotion to the top flight. 

2) On this day in 1939 Archibald Leitch passed away, with barely a mention in the press. Largely thanks to Simon Inglis, he is now acknowledged as the game's greatest ever ground designer.

You'll recognize the somersaulting celebrator in front of the signature Leitch criss-cross balcony design;

Vardy-Goodison.jpg

3) On this day in 1964 John White, the legendary 'ghost of White Hart Lane' scored his last ever goal - at Filbert Street.

‘With everyone else expecting him to pass, he let go a tremendous drive from the edge of the penalty area and it zoomed past Gordon Banks’.

Two months later he was dead, aged just 27, struck by lightning while playing golf.

Edited by kushiro
  • Like 1

Not a single person has mentioned that a year ago today, we won the FA Cup?

I've just commemorated it by watching the documentary on YouTube. 

Not gonna lie, I'm in absolute bits and in tears again.

I just want to take Luke Thomas home and look after him, he ain't much older than my step-son, brilliant hearing from him.

What a day, what memories.

Too big a file to share on here, but my stepson, being of the age where you film everything, just sent me a video of the final whistle at the Cup final.

You can just hear me in the background screaming "REF...REF" Then pure magic as we celebrate and embrace.

Laughing, cheering... absolutely incredible.

19 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Too big a file to share on here, but my stepson, being of the age where you film everything, just sent me a video of the final whistle at the Cup final.

You can just hear me in the background screaming "REF...REF" Then pure magic as we celebrate and embrace.

Laughing, cheering... absolutely incredible.

• 2 weeks later...