Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
st albans fox

Yanited A pre match

45 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Did not realise how dreadful our record against Man Utd actually was. I mean it is literally Man Utd but 1 win in over 20 meetings, that's home and away.

That can't be right can it?  I remember a 1-0 win at OT, a 2-1 win on the way to winning the League Cup and of course the 5-3.  Has there really been 20 meetings between those games?

I even remember a 3-0 when Alan Smith scored 2 and we were 3-0 up after about 20 minutes, but that was back in the eighties.

Edited by murphy
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, murphy said:

That can't be right can it?  I remember a 1-0 win at OT, a 2-1 win on the way to winning the League Cup and of course the 5-3.  Has there really been 20 meetings between those games?

I even remember a 3-0 when Alan Smith scored 2 and we were 3-0 up after about 20 minutes, but that was back in the eighties.

I remember the 0-1 tab OT. Cottee got the goal if I remember right.

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

Did not realise how dreadful our record against Man Utd actually was. I mean it is literally Man Utd but 1 win in over 20 meetings, that's home and away.

It is dreadful, but you're wrong, 2 away wins ( 1league cup tie) and 1 home win since the start of the prem.

5 hours ago, murphy said:

We've played them 10 times without beating them since the 5-3 alone.

well im going for the first time in years - my last visit was a 5-0 hammering in the days when there was standing - obviously i have tried to block out the detail of such a drubbing in my memory but i do remeber being impressed by the atmosphere their crowd generated on that day (bating us by five probably helped tho! - only other memorable thing was the journey back on the football special train - was my first time - running battles and destruction of the train with a fewpolice on the train trying to maintain order

3-1 loss to United.

They're desperate for a win and we haven't really hit our stride yet. A loss at home will shorten Ole's odds for departure even further so expect all out assault with Vardy completely pushed out of the game with a deeper than expected Man utd back line, relying on Wan Bisakka, James and Rashfords pace to make up the space in the final two thirds. Assume pogba will have a quiet game due to Choudhury or Ndidi wanting to show up the £90m whinge.

Assuming Choudhury and Ndidi both start wouldn't be surprised to see a red at some point as well.

It's gonna be a wet day in Manchester again I'm afraid!

Will be fascinating to watch Maguire and Soyuncu trying to outdo one another for the cameras. I can see mistakes from either one resulting in goals.

Can't wait!

• Sad 1

Vards will hopefully embarrass Maguire with his speed and movement and if Young is playing, then even better.  They might be great going forward but that defence ‚ain’t great.  Hit them on the break and we might have some success.  Nothing to fear, just turn up and play like second half at Chelsea.  

On 06/09/2019 at 21:47, Golden Fox said:

Admin - I'm really getting tired of the title of this thread being "Yanited". Can you please just change it to United?

Not just 'United', there are loads of them. That would be ,almost, as bad as referring to the other Manchester club as 'City' :@

Manchester, or just Man, Utd will do.

• Like 1