Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
st albans fox

Yanited A pre match

First game last season we lost because we gifted them an early goal, we hadn't gelled together fully, and also I think our younger players were in awe of OT. We outplayed them for much of the game but lacked conviction going forward.

This year we are in a much better shape and must play with belief and confidence from the start.

I think if Harry dallies on the ball or tries to take it out of defence then he could be caught by an on-fire Vardy on the press.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Given I'm distantly related to Mr Belisha, I beg to differ :) 

Aah, but I’m pretty sure the puffin crossings are the ones controlled by sensors on the actual lights that can sense pedestrians...no? 

Or are they not classed as true pure blood thoroughbreds of the Belisha family?

Cool claim to fame, btw... :thumbup:

Probably the ideal time for us to go there. They seem to be perennial slow starters of late, will have a lot of players on international duty (hope they have shockers to further dent confidence) and are not enjoying the best of luck. We should never under estimate them or the ot effect but think they are there for the taking this time. Would like to see us play the same side as yesterday and take the game to them.

20 minutes ago, Milo said:

Aah, but I’m pretty sure the puffin crossings are the ones controlled by sensors on the actual lights that can sense pedestrians...no? 

Or are they not classed as true pure blood thoroughbreds of the Belisha family?

Cool claim to fame, btw... :thumbup:

Puffins and Pelicans are rather more sophisticated than the old flashing globes....

We are more than capable of going there and absolutely hammering them. 

The scenes if we can produce a performance like Man City away in the title winning season!

But with our poor record and Ole surely giving them a kick up the backside, I think it will be a close game. I just hope we can be more clinical than at Chelsea because it'll come back to bite us.

I’d go for the same 11, Perez, choudhury and gray to come into the game. Was really impressed with gray Saturday, looked like being left out really has put a rocket up his arse and his attitude was bang on when he came on, seems to be in good spirits from his insta, let’s hope Rodgers can the best out of him 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Wolfox said:

Must win…. One of my best mates is a Man U fan (actually from Manchester)…. We have a ten pound gentleman’s bet on who’ll finish higher…. I have been giving him proper pelters last couple of weeks…. 

6 point gap please…

I am sure your Tenner at risk is all the motivation the team need to win. 

Saw this on red café.

Capture.thumb.PNG.3f9a3425373a9554b3acdaac0be5dad6.PNG

Reckon Rodgers has no idea about organising a defence?  We probably have one of the best centre back pairings in the league on current form, deffo the best RB and Englands first choice LB.  We haven't conceded more than a single goal in any game so far this season.  deluded or what? either that or its a l'pool fan wind up.

• Like 1

Our record at OT is terrible. We have never had a better chance though IMO. Only the 1-1 in our title season have I been confident of winning at OT.

However we have still only won once out of 13 attempts in the premier league, so a win at Old Trafford would be a great result, despite their form.

We have only once scored more than once at Old Trafford so we will need to keep tight to win. My team:

Kasper

Ricardo Soyuncu Evans Chillwell

Choudry Tilimens

Albrighton Maddison Barnes

Vardy

Ndidi or choudry, barnes or gray and Albrighton or Perez are all decisions. I think Albrighton is perfect for this game, bit more defencive and Perez is a bit like a square peg on that rw. LW is like for like but Ill just go for Barnes but this really is either or.

Choudry I pick over Ndidi just because he will hassle Pogba a bit more. If we were to take the lead though Id like to have both of them on with Tili in a midfield 3.

Press them and dont fear them and we have a good chance to score goals and win. Last season Maddison played great in that pocket behind the striker and think we can control the game again this time but with Vardy on the pitch, more chance of scoring as we had useless Ianacho last time.

Edited by deanolegend1989

17 hours ago, Clarkey123 said:

I’d go for the same 11, Perez, choudhury and gray to come into the game. Was really impressed with gray Saturday, looked like being left out really has put a rocket up his arse and his attitude was bang on when he came on, seems to be in good spirits from his insta, let’s hope Rodgers can the best out of him 

That's great idea but who will get dropped for those 3? Albrighton got a decent games. Barnes debatable, and none of our midfield are playing badly.