Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
st albans fox

Yanited A pre match

19 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

Makes you laugh cause I genuinely wouldn't take a single Man U player over our own players.

What a world we live in lol 

Martial would start on the wing for us, and DDG edges out Schmeichel. Other than that, Pogba is technically speaking probably the best player in either side, but with all the baggage and attitude that comes with him he'd be more trouble than he's worth.

It's probably setting ourselves up for a loss at the weekend, but we really do have the better of the two sides - and quite comfortably so.

29 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

Makes you laugh cause I genuinely wouldn't take a single Man U player over our own players.

James may fit in quite will in a young team like ours and give another avenue for goals. 

On to the game, I think we may lose Yanited are due a win, It would be our luck that all the lazy fookers have a good game and Maguire scores with his massive slab. 

7 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

James may fit in quite will in a young team like ours and give another avenue for goals. 

On to the game, I think we may lose Yanited are due a win, It would be our luck that all the lazy fookers have a good game and Maguire scores with his massive slab. 

Shame he's always injured. 

34 minutes ago, Xen said:

Martial would start on the wing for us, and DDG edges out Schmeichel. Other than that, Pogba is technically speaking probably the best player in either side, but with all the baggage and attitude that comes with him he'd be more trouble than he's worth.

It's probably setting ourselves up for a loss at the weekend, but we really do have the better of the two sides - and quite comfortably so.

Yeah agreed regarding Martial, serious talent. Hope he isn't fit for Saturday

4 hours ago, pds said:

No interest in dishing out any stick to Maguire but I really don't get the great service comment. We had him for two seasons, one decent the other poor and then he left at the earliest opportunity. 

General indifference is all he deserves. 

He played well enough to establish himself as England's first choice CB at an unfashionable club.  I can't really agree that he has been poor in his second year.

29 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Is this just media bs I assume? No way Vardy would reconsider his retirement internationally, especially given that he'd get little chance of playing, and if so maybe 15/20 minutes.

Given his wife's pregnant again, doubt he'd up his professional commitments.

I’d be pretty tempted. The Euros aren’t going to be as strenuous as usual. As were a host nation our group games will involve a couple of games at “home” so less travelling. 

Even if it is just 20 minutes. It could be the 20 minutes that get us a winning Euro 2020 goal at Wembley. 🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, AjcW said:

I’d be pretty tempted. The Euros aren’t going to be as strenuous as usual. As were a host nation our group games will involve a couple of games at “home” so less travelling. 

Even if it is just 20 minutes. It could be the 20 minutes that get us a winning Euro 2020 goal at Wembley. 🤷‍♂️

Rubbish. Southgate would play Kane on crutches for 85 mins. Jamie wouldn’t get a look in and Southgate wouldn’t know where he would fit in. England only has and only needs one striker you know. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, AjcW said:

You'd surely want a guarantee of involvement though? 

We saw at the WC he was 3rd behind Kane and Rashford, hell even when both were misfiring or not involved much Vardy didn't get a sniff. 

Arguably the current style of pace and counter attacks suits his style perfectly, but he wouldn't be chosen.

Personally, he should stay retired, and aim for the premier league 100 club and another European tour. 

3 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

I'd have Martial or Rashford in a heartbeat, to be fair - but other than those two, there's not much to write home about.

1 minute ago, ARM1968 said:

Rubbish. Southgate would play Kane on crutches for 85 mins. Jamie wouldn’t get a look in and Southgate wouldn’t know where he would fit in. England only has and only needs one striker you know. 

Agreed !!

Southgate and the South think Kane is the best in the world.  Vardy was treated like shit in my opinion and really doesn't need to return as a cheerleader.

• Like 1

It might be an unpopular option but I think Kane is deservedly England's number 9.

He is better than Vardy imo... just! But that just means that Kane will play and Vardy will have to live on scraps.

Vardy is also unfortunate in that he can only play centrally. If he was a very effective wide player, he could no doubt challenge Rashford and Sancho in those positions, but it doesn't really suit him.

But, Vardy is better than Wilson, so he'd get in the squad if he came out of international retirement and he could get on and score an important goal or two at the Euros.

I'd expect Abraham to be Kane's eventual successor in that position though, as things stand currently.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Is this just media bs I assume? No way Vardy would reconsider his retirement internationally, especially given that he'd get little chance of playing, and if so maybe 15/20 minutes.

Given his wife's pregnant again, doubt he'd up his professional commitments.

It probably comes from this....

Gareth Southgate leaves the door open on Jamie Vardy’s international career

https://tbrfootball.com/gareth-southgate-leaves-the-door-open-on-jamie-vardys-international-career/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ARM1968 said:

I've reacted with a laugh because you are right! Kane is an obvious Southgate favourite and though he's a very good player, Southgate does get blindsided with some players and chooses them over other players who have an equal merit to the task in hand. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

It might be an unpopular option but I think Kane is deservedly England's number 9.

He is better than Vardy imo... just! But that just means that Kane will play and Vardy will have to live on scraps.

Vardy is also unfortunate in that he can only play centrally. If he was a very effective wide player, he could no doubt challenge Rashford and Sancho in those positions, but it doesn't really suit him.

But, Vardy is better than Wilson, so he'd get in the squad if he came out of international retirement and he could get on and score an important goal or two at the Euros.

I'd expect Abraham to be Kane's eventual successor in that position though, as things stand currently.

Kane is a better goal scorer, simple as, due to him out scoring Vardy most of the time. 

But that's where I stop agreeing with you.  The two are different players, Kane unless he's scoring is normally fairly absent from the game and can be dead wood a bit of the time. Look at Spurs, who are arguably a worse team at times with Kane.

Vardy whilst can be the same, he's able to pressurise the defence and causes so many mistakes. 

Vardy may be better than Wilson, but Wilson didn't even get close to game time. What makes you think Vardy would be any different? Southgate loves Kane and seemingly will only replace the front 3 with Rashford. 

I'd expect Kane to be replaced Rashford and maybe Tammy if he hasn't given up on England before then.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I've reacted with a laugh because you are right! Kane is an obvious Southgate favourite and though he's a very good player, Southgate does get blindsided with some players and chooses them over other players who have an equal merit to the task in hand. 

The world cup is a huge example of this. Kane was dead and absent for so many games, yet was never replaced. 

As you pointed out, he has his 'core' that irrelevant of the performances will never be dropped and rarely subbed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Kane is a better goal scorer, simple as, due to him out scoring Vardy most of the time. 

But that's where I stop agreeing with you.  The two are different players, Kane unless he's scoring is normally fairly absent from the game and can be dead wood a bit of the time. Look at Spurs, who are arguably a worse team at times with Kane.

Vardy whilst can be the same, he's able to pressurise the defence and causes so many mistakes. 

Vardy may be better than Wilson, but Wilson didn't even get close to game time. What makes you think Vardy would be any different? Southgate loves Kane and seemingly will only replace the front 3 with Rashford. 

I'd expect Kane to be replaced Rashford and maybe Tammy if he hasn't given up on England before then.

It certainly seems like Southgate has a favourite in Kane. Undoubtedly he is a world-class goalscorer but I agree that he can go missing when England need him most. I personally think that England's loss is Leicester's gain though, and it was Vardy who called time on his international career, perhaps knowing full well that he would do a lot of traveling only to be benched by Kane, Rashford etc. What we get is a well-rested, energised Vardy.

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

I'd expect Kane to be replaced by Rashford and maybe Tammy if he hasn't given up on England before then.

Rashford is definitely not a replacement for Kane. I honestly don't believe Rashford is a striker !!