Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
smileysharad

Brexit!

10 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

I thought that's what most people who voted to leave thought in the first place. It's the deal bit that's been contrived by those in power that no-one was aware of, that's clouded the issue.

Nobody was aware of a deal being involved despite all the brexiteers spending the entirety of the referendum campaign talking about getting the easiest deal in history?

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

just turned it on, all these MPs furious about prorogation cant even be arsed to turn up. 

That's because they've sat listening to a clown for over two hours who shows no signs of backing down and offering no sense of an apology for his outrageous actions.

I'm surprised no one has hit him.  The amount of anger that he just jovially ignores is astounding.

lol and now he's just walked out.  Back Boris 0%.  What a shambles.

Edited by Legend_in_blue
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, bovril said:

If they live here why should they not have a say? I thought Brexiters were all for democracy and now you seem to be suggesting that people shouldn't vote if they're foreign and may have a different opinion to you. 

If it says British on their passport, they can vote, that’s how it works.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bovril said:

If they live here why should they not have a say? I thought Brexiters were all for democracy and now you seem to be suggesting that people shouldn't vote if they're foreign and may have a different opinion to you. 

Hmm, I think remainers have been saying for 3 years OAPs shouldn’t vote. So glass houses....

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Heathrow fox said:

So you think letting citizens of the EU have a major say in how the UK goes forward is a good idea?In an in out referendum of all things.

Its fairer than me voting...I have no Political ties to the UK.I am an Expat who believes they who Live under the UK-govt,should get a vote..

EU citizens,cant vote just like that,  they still have to qualify for that right...

9 minutes ago, bovril said:

If I moved to Italy,set up a successful business.Employed hundreds and paid millions in tax.I still wouldn’t expect to have a say in how Italy moved forward.It simply wouldn’t be my right.You see the thing is i’m British.I could be here today gone tomorrow.

21 minutes ago, Heathrow fox said:

If I moved to Italy,set up a successful business.Employed hundreds and paid millions in tax.I still wouldn’t expect to have a say in how Italy moved forward.It simply wouldn’t be my right.You see the thing is i’m British.I could be here today gone tomorrow.

If 'moving forward' meant me potentially losing my right to work and live in a place and I couldn't have a say on it, I'd be rather peeved I reckon. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Surrender, betrayal, humbug... the list goes on.  He will incite the far right with his ill chosen comments.  The bloke is cornered, he's dangerous and he needs to go.

But "coup" "fascist" "dictator" "liar" are absolutely fine and will incite absolutely no one.

And then when election day comes half the people complaining about Boris amd his language will then go and vote for John "lynch the bitch" and "no Tory should walk the streets without direct action" McDonnell to be Chancellor.

4 hours ago, MattP said:

But "coup" "fascist" "dictator" "liar" are absolutely fine and will incite absolutely no one.

And then when election day comes half the people complaining about Boris amd his language will then go and vote for John "lynch the bitch" and "no Tory should walk the streets without direct action" McDonnell to be Chancellor.

Oh Matt, I fall for you more and more everyday:wub::wub::wub:

17 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Seeing as the next GE should be about more than Brexit, has anyone been paying attention to the batshit crazy bullshit the Labour party wants to do if it wins?  

Housing:  Give private tenants a discounted right to buy (steal) the properties they rent.  Not the slightest realisation this would remove all private rental properties from the market overnight.

Jobs!  4 day week for the same pay! No plan for how this is paid for. / £10 minimum wage for everyone!  - no more jobs for teenagers.

Education:  Abolish (steal) private schools!  No plan for what do with 600,000 pupils.  Abolish Ofsted!  Sod all detail on the replacement

Pharmaceuticals:  Compulsory generic licensing for all drugs to a state owned producer! - No more pharmaceutical development in the UK!

Oh and lets not forget the Shadow Chancellor doesn't want to live in Number 11 due to long working hours, so instead will give a homeless family the apartment to live in!  I'm sure the security services will love the idea.

Given the views we've both put forward in this thread, I doubt we would ever have much agreement on what is best for the country going forwards. This, however, is the rare instance we do! What a pile of nonsense. 

18 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Seeing as the next GE should be about more than Brexit, has anyone been paying attention to the batshit crazy bullshit the Labour party wants to do if it wins?  

Housing:  Give private tenants a discounted right to buy (steal) the properties they rent.  Not the slightest realisation this would remove all private rental properties from the market overnight.

Jobs!  4 day week for the same pay! No plan for how this is paid for. / £10 minimum wage for everyone!  - no more jobs for teenagers.

Education:  Abolish (steal) private schools!  No plan for what do with 600,000 pupils.  Abolish Ofsted!  Sod all detail on the replacement

Pharmaceuticals:  Compulsory generic licensing for all drugs to a state owned producer! - No more pharmaceutical development in the UK!

Oh and lets not forget the Shadow Chancellor doesn't want to live in Number 11 due to long working hours, so instead will give a homeless family the apartment to live in!  I'm sure the security services will love the idea.

Regarding jobs - that has been tested quite a lot in different countries and there has been no loss in productivity except in one instance where tested. 

And education - I am private school educated and think their existence is a joke. Maybe their plans should be better fleshed out but private schools have had a ridiculously good deal for hundreds of years and should be abolished in the long run.

EDIT: not saying by any means they are all good policies btw... just think "batshit" is a bit harsh and some of them could be developed into sound policy. 

Edited by bmt
  • Haha 1